• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6218 posts in this topic

Posted

Part of her probably does soak up on comments like that from her fans as I'm sure a lot of people who overshare online do but, no offence, it really CAN be that hard to go to an AA meeting?? :alpacawink: I say this as someone whose dad was an alcoholic for literally all of my teenage years who saw firsthand how long it took him to quit.

It's one thing to acknowledge that you might have a problem (if Venus even really grasps the full extent of her issue) and it's a total other thing to own up to it enough to take steps to get over it. Kind of similar to getting help for mental health issues? It's terrifying to actually go through with getting professional help, even if you know that's their job and that's what you have to do to get better. There are so, so many reasons why someone can find it difficult to seek help for addiction.

Especially when you combine all this with the fact that she lives in a foreign country with, let's face it, absolutely no support system. I'm not excusing her behaviour by any means and, again, I'm not trying to come for you personally but I just think it's a pretty naive take to assume that it's as simple as turning up to a meeting and that will fix everything. 

You made a good point. The hard part is an alcoholic must truly want to get help to change. Some of them believe they don’t have a problem. Venus certainly knows she has a drinking problem, but is at the stage where she doesn’t really seem to want to get help. She probably feels like there is no future for her so that is why she continues to drink. 

Posted (edited)

A haircut can always refresh a person when they need to start a new chapter in life

A pixie cut will probably look weird in Venus, but hey it can help, not like there isn't a short hairstyle for girls in Japanese trend

Though I srsly hope she isn't thinking that just because people feel bad for her and reads here doesn't mean she can stay being pathetic, drink to death, wants continuous pity for herself ( Srsly wishing she wasn't one of those people who will do the extreme for pity and online coddlings ) 

That is extremely damaging for her and in the end she's hurting herself the most

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

So it looks like she’s abandoned her Youtube channel again. No new videos for two weeks now which is pretty bad since Youtube is how she’s paying the bills. Back when she had Manaki paying her rent she could just disappear from Youtube for months whenever she felt like it but now she doesn’t have that luxury anymore. 

I guess this is the part of her cycle when she just disappears from all SM for days or weeks or months, what she calls “mental breakdowns” but which seem to really be just multi-day benders. Her Youtube views these days is around 10K/day which won’t generate nearly enough cash for her to live on. For contrast, Taylor’s views are twice that and Mikan beats them both (plus I think both of them have actual jobs too.) I wonder what Venus’s living arrangements are and how long she can stay there with next to no money coming in.

Venus spent part of Sunday with her internet friend Tsuroko (Piper) who has apparently moved to Japan and is hanging out with Mikan. Venus posted a pic of Piper on her instastory

6968FA78-3683-4DBD-8B86-4115D073FD0E.thu

but it’s now Tuesday morning in Japan and Piper hasn’t posted a thing about it yet.

Posted (edited)

This situation reminds me so much of what the Latin American singer Jose Jose (RIP) went through. He was at the peak of his fame, but his problem with alcohol isolated him from all the people he loved, and it nearly killed him. In the end the only one who could recognize that his addiction was slowly killing him was Jose Jose himself, and he finally went to a clinic for rehabilitation.

I hope and pray that with Venus something similar happens, that she can finally understand that she has a problem, and that is perfectly okay to ask for help, she shouldn't feel alone in such a horrible battle against alcoholism. 

Edited by Sesame1

Posted

So it looks like she’s abandoned her Youtube channel again. No new videos for two weeks now which is pretty bad since Youtube is how she’s paying the bills. Back when she had Manaki paying her rent she could just disappear from Youtube for months whenever she felt like it but now she doesn’t have that luxury anymore. 

I guess this is the part of her cycle when she just disappears from all SM for days or weeks or months, what she calls “mental breakdowns” but which seem to really be just multi-day benders. Her Youtube views these days is around 10K/day which won’t generate nearly enough cash for her to live on. For contrast, Taylor’s views are twice that and Mikan beats them both (plus I think both of them have actual jobs too.) I wonder what Venus’s living arrangements are and how long she can stay there with next to no money coming in.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if she lives with that “manager” dude and he covers the rent+basic living cost.... Would explain her always filming from that one room (maybe in a friends house though) so no one knows that she is staying there. 

She could’ve worked in kyabakura it but even though they encourage the girls to drink I am 100% sure they don’t want them to get wasted/be alcoholics. Also with the way she looks lately (sick and unwashed) I’m sure no customers would want to talk to her.... 

Posted

Honestly, Japanese drinking culture is probably her worst enabler, even if she admitted to herself that she needed to get help, there's a chance that she would probably just not go especially since there's a stigma towards seeking mental healthcare, Japan does have AA meetings but they're not a miracle cure and especially since Japan's drinking culture is so extreme and that alcoholism isn't really seen as a thing in Japan there's a good chance she could relapse. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/minority-report/201905/japanese-alcohol-culture

Posted (edited)

Maybe this might come up weird since Japanese drinking culture and all

But anyone think maybe people around her always (maybe even scolded) told her not to drink too much? And may have been the reason some stay away from her, addiction makes you angry if you don't get some, she always potrays herself (when she needs online coddling) as someone who always cries an ocean, glass skin and paper bones, and meek but we never seen Venus's angry side

Manaki picking her up at that Karaoke bar early in the morning (we also don't know how constant does that happen) can't be a good look no matter how accepting it is to consume large amount of alcohol

(I rewatched that deleted video of her, she said she was a doormat, always taking care of someone until reality hit her hard, now, this is just me but I felt like that's what Manaki said to her when they had fights or maybe confessed and she's repeating what he said but in her mouth instead)

Either way, I hope one of these days Venus realises she a real therapy help, have a friend that can stay beside her who also can take the mood swings she has, V is still young and after she turns 25, hopefully she won't have any serious health issues by then, get a grip on her life and be happy

Edited by Kween of Moderation
Added stuff

Posted

Let's not forget Venus is aware we are watching her and judging her. If by this point she didn't realize she needs actual treatment or else she will perpetually broadcast her making a fool of herself, I'd say she does anything for the views. Some manager, huh.

Posted

Since some people brought up the "Margo was right about her and alcoholism", I don't really believe that. I think it was more like a self fulfilling prophecy.

For one, we know that Margo is a notorious liar. She was so addicted to lying, she contradicted herself with her own lies (Veenoos kills Manaki and Manaki is innocent vs Manaki kills poor innocent Veenoos). So I take her accusations as not being proof of anything.

Second, at the time Margo said that, Venus was relatively stable. To be an alcoholic at the time of the allegation, she would have had to drink quite a lot while being underage and with Margo in SC, and we have no indicators of that at all.

Third, rebounding when freeing yourself from a bad situation is really common. Margo said Venus can't live on her own? Venus went and did that. Margo said Venus doesn't have friends? Venus starts to spam Social Media about her friends. It would be really fitting if Margo spun a lie out of Venus having a beer from time to time, and Venus' fragile Ego going "What? Alcoholism? You can't tell me what to do! I'm gonna drink and I'm gonna be awesome about it!!", leading to her current trainwreck.

I myself got free from an abusive household with a lot of slutshaming (I didn't even kiss a guy till I was 19, but was still called a slut e.g. for wanting a cropped top), so when I was free, my fragile self started dressing kinda slutty and obsessing about that stuff. I was proud to shock my mum and thought that was what it meant to be my own person and in control, to do all the forbidden things. 

While I do think Venus is rebelling, I don't think (at least not anymore) that she drinks so much (and looks so sick) because she wants to do whatever she wants because she isn't with her mother anymore. Wouldn't she have drank that much alcohol rather soon after she ran away? She drinks probably so much now, because her life is not the best right now: She is getting divorced, doesn't earn much money, lost probably a few friends and is probably soon again at risk to be deported. Also could be a stereotype, but all of my east European friends (even though most of them weren't even born there) said to me that drinking a lot, even as a teenager is totally normal there and accepted and that a lot of their family members would be considered alcoholic here. Heck, one of my friends was allowed to drink beer (with alcohol) at the age of 10, which would be a scandal here. Margo probably drank alcohol with Venus and is most likely at fault for this, but the fact is from what we see that Venus drinks too much alcohol and looks really sick. I don't think your situation or rather how you handled it is that similar to Venus in that aspect, both of you were abused, but you do something you were forbidden to do while Venus was probably allowed to drink alcohol and doesn't know or doesn't care about her limit anymore. You can't tell me that it is healthy to drink alcohol at 10 a.m. and been seen almost only drinking alcohol and almost begging for money while you risk your life with drinking a spicy sauce after you almost died through a illegal stomach surgery. You wanted to shock your mother, but how does Venus shock her mother and shows her how independent she is, while she looks sick, unwashed and risks her life? Her mother would rather laugh about it, considering how Margo is. It just shows her that Venus needs her (at least from Margo's perspective), instead of showing her that she (Margo) can screw herself

Posted

Since some people brought up the "Margo was right about her and alcoholism", I don't really believe that. I think it was more like a self fulfilling prophecy.

For one, we know that Margo is a notorious liar. She was so addicted to lying, she contradicted herself with her own lies (Veenoos kills Manaki and Manaki is innocent vs Manaki kills poor innocent Veenoos). So I take her accusations as not being proof of anything.

Second, at the time Margo said that, Venus was relatively stable. To be an alcoholic at the time of the allegation, she would have had to drink quite a lot while being underage and with Margo in SC, and we have no indicators of that at all.

Third, rebounding when freeing yourself from a bad situation is really common. Margo said Venus can't live on her own? Venus went and did that. Margo said Venus doesn't have friends? Venus starts to spam Social Media about her friends. It would be really fitting if Margo spun a lie out of Venus having a beer from time to time, and Venus' fragile Ego going "What? Alcoholism? You can't tell me what to do! I'm gonna drink and I'm gonna be awesome about it!!", leading to her current trainwreck.

I myself got free from an abusive household with a lot of slutshaming (I didn't even kiss a guy till I was 19, but was still called a slut e.g. for wanting a cropped top), so when I was free, my fragile self started dressing kinda slutty and obsessing about that stuff. I was proud to shock my mum and thought that was what it meant to be my own person and in control, to do all the forbidden things. 

Exactly. I don't understand why people are so quick to jump to the conclusion, that Margo might have been right about a lot of things, when we've seen her contradict herself time and time again, going on nonsensical rants and acting flat out insane. And if Venus was an alcoholic while underage and still living with her, it would have been completely her responsibility anyway, ESPECIALLY when she had such tight control over Venus' life.

Posted

Here is what marge actually said back then

88810516-1CD3-4D1D-8E29-0A830E611F7C.thu

marge said a lot of things, some of which turned out to be true, others not and some that had a grain of truth. I think this one about the drinking falls into option #3. She doesn’t say Venus is an alcoholic or that she drinks every day, but that she sometimes drinks until she throws up. This is probably true, that on occasion when marge allowed her to go out and drink she didn’t stop once she started and kept drinking until she threw up. We’ve seen more than one example today of Venus drinking to the point she can barely stand up or talk. So I think that statement was probably true, along with the ED/being obsessed with food and excessive photoshopping (although that last part doesn’t exactly fit in with the others as far as its severity goes, lol.)

Posted

Here is what marge actually said back then

This is far from Margo's only "statement" though - she spewed lots and lots of often contradictory accusations towards Venus, most of which are deleted by now. I can't 100% guarantee that she used the word "alcoholic", and it would be way too much effort to go back and comb through everything that has been screenshot here from her rants, but I feel like she did at some points. At least her other accusations kept varying wildly - like one moment Venus just had "asperger attacks", the next moment Venus had tried to murder her and so on...

Posted

Honestly, Japanese drinking culture is probably her worst enabler, even if she admitted to herself that she needed to get help, there's a chance that she would probably just not go especially since there's a stigma towards seeking mental healthcare, Japan does have AA meetings but they're not a miracle cure and especially since Japan's drinking culture is so extreme and that alcoholism isn't really seen as a thing in Japan there's a good chance she could relapse. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/minority-report/201905/japanese-alcohol-culture

I’m not saying that AA is a miracle cure or easy, just that it is there and readily available to her so saying “Japan has no support system for someone like Venus” is not true. She can reach out to the local branch of AA for help and support any time she wants.

This is far from Margo's only "statement" though - she spewed lots and lots of often contradictory accusations towards Venus, most of which are deleted by now. I can't 100% guarantee that she used the word "alcoholic", and it would be way too much effort to go back and comb through everything that has been screenshot here from her rants, but I feel like she did at some points. At least her other accusations kept varying wildly - like one moment Venus just had "asperger attacks", the next moment Venus had tried to murder her and so on...

I don’t recall marge ever focusing much on Venus’s drinking. Her repeated attacks/rants were mostly about Venus bullying her, stealing from her, lying, using her, cheating on Manaki and later being a “psychopath.” I don’t recall her using the word “alcoholic” but if someone can find that quote it would be interesting.

Posted

I’m not saying that AA is a miracle cure or easy, just that it is there and readily available to her so saying “Japan has no support system for someone like Venus” is not true. She can reach out to the local branch of AA for help and support any time she wants.

I don’t recall marge ever focusing much on Venus’s drinking. Her repeated attacks/rants were mostly about Venus bullying her, stealing from her, lying, using her, cheating on Manaki and later being a “psychopath.” I don’t recall her using the word “alcoholic” but if someone can find that quote it would be interesting.

I can't find a Maggot quote but Venus denied being an alcoholic so I guess Maggot did say it somewhere. Maggot made a whole bunch of allegations around the time Venus ran away. The alcoholic thing is something she hasn't stuck with though.

https://youtu.be/wyGDJK0qAOs