• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6225 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OT but what lately (after wanting to appear more professional and starting a company) bothers me is how unprofessional she runs her instagram!

I mean the quality of her selfies is soooooo bad I can’t believe that people actually follow her! It has not improved at all over the years and I hate how lazy she is with editing.... 

I tried editing a picture of me with Snow/facetune/meitu and uploads it to instagram (just to make sure it doesn’t change in quality) and it didn’t turn out as bad as any of Venus’ selfies. Does she actually crank all the smoothing and whitening options to the top?

If she wants to edit her pictures so much she should at least take some actual TIME to make them look good (maybe use photoshop) and try to maintain the quality. She looks like she came out of one of those Chinese live-streams; I can’t understand that there are people who actually compliment her looks when it’s so obvious that she looks nothing like that! 

Edited by Marinrin

Posted (edited)

Everyone's been bothering her with perosnal questions about her relationship with Manaki since forever. People want to know. Why wouldn't she make a video about it, honestly.

She's gone back and forth with sharing her private life. She's refused to disclose in the past, and can refuse now. 
She decides to share her private life when she can gain validation, attention, and sympathy. She shares it for therapy too. These aren't good reasons to go public, imo.

I don't see it as "making money of it", I doubt she'll make a "My divorce story!!!*SAD*" clickbait-thumbnail of herself crying-type of video about it.

True. But on the same token, she's pandered in livestreams for $2.44.
I don't think she believes she'll pay next months rent with 1 "My Divorce" video. But, she wouldn't do it at all, if she didn't think it wouldn't be productive in the long run. 

Just an online person talking about their life online.

Jenna Marbles does that too. Along with dozens of other online personalities. It's not a coincidence that the long term, successful content creators, keep their dirt offline. Business wise, it's just a good idea. And, Venus wants to have 2 businesses now: social media and her company. That's double reason to protect her private life.

Tldr: Over-sharing with fans will never be good for Venus; financially or mentally. She needs to realise this, or she's gonna keep making the same mistakes.

Edited by BitchPlox
grammar

Posted

theres a chance manki simply doesnt want to defend himself, and i wouldnt blame him. it would prolong this drama, bring him closer to venus’ crazy ass and would still look bad on him. its not just the fact he cannot speak english and has no sm presence, were also forgetting cultural differences. he may be a doormat otaku but hes not that stupid. i mean lbr venus just looks like the crazy gaijin ex-wife, you just let that run its course.

Posted (edited)

lbr venus just looks like the crazy gaijin ex-wife, you just let that run its course.

lol! He's got "99 problems but a bitch aint 1" ?

I hope that's the case. I hope he can't be bothered to give a fuck, and is taking the high ground.
Whatever happened between them, Venus is, in the very least, prolonging it.

Edited by BitchPlox
wrong link

Posted

Why is she so angry with him? Yes, it simply could be that he wanted a divorce but surely she knew that was coming if it was a Visa marriage? I doubt he sponged off her. If anything I've wondered if her problem may have actually been the opposite. Manaki was out at work, her mental health was declining and she felt unsupported emotionally.

Their relationship seemed ok and then it suddenly changed last year. Venus started acting strange around the time, like the video where she had a competition for a Switch (which nobody won as far as I know). Wasn't that just before he disappeared from social media? 

Okay, I misread what you said — out AT work, not out OF work. Sorry, my bad. I’ll have to read more carefully in the future, as one small word (at vs. of) can change the whole meaning of a sentence!

Posted

Okay, I misread what you said — out AT work, not out OF work. Sorry, my bad. I’ll have to read more carefully in the future, as one small word (at vs. of) can change the whole meaning of a sentence!

No worries :)

Posted

If she wants so much to do stream of games and her Internet is shitty af... Why she doesn't go to one of those rental rooms that cames with a PC?

Posted

So was there a livestream this morning (scheduled for 8AM in the US), anybody know? There’s nothing new on her YT channel.

She promised to do livestreams every Wed-Sun. at 9PM Japan time, 5 days ago.

Posted

It'd be surprising, at this point, if she follows through with anything. Anyone wanna place bets on her excuse this time? 5 bucks it's her poor internet connection.

I'm actually glad she's not keeping up with her lofty schedule. I hope she's getting burnt out, and decides to step away from the spotlight all together. Only thing: I think she's addicted to it. It looks kinda like a love hate relationship. Loves the attention, hates the work.

Posted

I haven't been in this thread for a year or so and I just skimmed through the pages to see what's up with Venus nowadays, and holy shit. What the fuck happened with this girl. PULL was rooting for her so hard when she escaped from crazy ass Margot and now we're watching her become Margo 2.0... That went 0 to 100 real quick. Jesus. 

Still, even though she's mentally ill, she isn't getting better because she doesn't wants to. I kinda felt bad for her, seeing her having all those mental breakdowns reminded me of myself in a certain way; but she always had the option of helping herself instead of getting drunk and making livestreams, embarrassing herself even more. Seeing her post about starting a company and mentioning her breakdowns - girl, this ain't cute. Starting a company won't fix your mental health and all your problems. 

It's not like she will read any of those long ass comments and think "well, maybe I really should start taking care of myself!" - She's living the Nipponland dream now that she has PR. Still, what about the future? She has no education, no skills whatsoever and killed her own channel out of negligence, and she always manages to get even worse. I wonder when she will realize that the Nipponland dream won't last forever and that she can't live off drunk livestreams and donations from nice guys who think that PULL is a hate site and that it's okay to let Venus destroy herself even more.

Sorry for the long comment, just wanted to rant. I was really happy for Venus during the early days of this thread, but now it feels like I'm looking at a haunted circus. 

Posted

She's living the Nipponland dream now that she has PR.

Has she actually gotten PR? I keep seeing people saying it but I haven't seen any proof or anything straight from her. Maybe I missed something?

I know the timing of her divorce lines up with when she'd be eligible but her signing on with an agency looks suspicious to me. She doesn't seem interested in the things they've set up for her, like the play, and I don't understand why she'd have an agency at all except for an entertainment visa. Especially since they'd be taking a cut of her money.

That and the company thing looks like a ploy to get a visa without having to pay an agency. The fact that Ella, someone who also needs a visa, appears to be part of it looks suspicious to me.

Not to mention if she had PR I feel like she wouldn't be dodging questions about her visa. 

Posted

So that would be a ‘no’ then.

That she couldn’t even keep up with her promised schedule for a week is actually unbelievable. How does this girl want to run a company? And bad internet is not always an excuse; if you need a good internet connection for your job you better make sure you have one!