• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6958 posts in this topic

Posted

The thing is, Venus is acting a fool, but people are the product of their environments - it's becoming apparent that Venus has basically never had any good influences in her life and we're seeing the fallout from that. Like, she basically only had her mother for company for pretty much her entire childhood (and we've seen how things turned out for Margo), and most of her "friends" in Japan seem like shallow influencer types who just use each other for increased social media traffic via collabs more than anything else. Manaki seems mostly harmless, but I guess we'll never know the full story there either. Like, I'm seeing a person who wants to sort her life out but has no idea how to behave like a functional well-adjusted adult because this is basically all she knows. She needs an intervention but I doubt anyone in her life would actually do that. 

She was quite close to Mikan for awhile who would have been a good role model. Mikan has had a rough past/homelife but she doesn't use it as an excuse, she has mental health problems but works to keep it in check, she does YouTube while also going to school and working a job. She also had Taylor rooting for her for a long time. I think its telling that out of all her friends the one she gravitated most towards is Ella who has an alleged shady past and she can get drunk with.

Venus has had good influences she just would rather surround herself with people like her. She doesn't want to sort her life out or learn to behave like a well-functioning adult or she would. Its not hard to not day drink and post 1 or 2 videos a week that don't include slandering your ex. 

Posted

She was quite close to Mikan for awhile who would have been a good role model. Mikan has had a rough past/homelife but she doesn't use it as an excuse, she has mental health problems but works to keep it in check, she does YouTube while also going to school and working a job. She also had Taylor rooting for her for a long time. I think its telling that out of all her friends the one she gravitated most towards is Ella who has an alleged shady past and she can get drunk with.

Venus has had good influences she just would rather surround herself with people like her. She doesn't want to sort her life out or learn to behave like a well-functioning adult or she would. Its not hard to not day drink and post 1 or 2 videos a week that don't include slandering your ex. 

To be fair though, people who have trauma related issues tend to gravitate towards shady/unstable people. Unconsciously people are drawn to what is familiar to them even when it's unhealthy and harmful. I think there is a high chance we'll see Venus getting involved with more shady characters in the future. 

Posted

Food for thought: How long do you think it's gonna take Venus to actually get her sh*t together and heal herself?
Based on her current state, I'd say 2,5 (very min) - 5 years. I wonder where her life is gonna take her soon. I don't really trust in her new company to be honest, knowing her.  If she would want to go low low in her life, she would prob even end up being a NSFW camgirl. How tragic.

Poor kid. Hope she will somehow meet someone in her life who would give her a wake up call. 'Cuz current one doesn't seem to be working.

Posted

Food for thought: How long do you think it's gonna take Venus to actually get her sh*t together and heal herself?
Based on her current state, I'd say 2,5 (very min) - 5 years. I wonder where her life is gonna take her soon. I don't really trust in her new company to be honest, knowing her.  If she would want to go low low in her life, she would prob even end up being a NSFW camgirl. How tragic.

Poor kid. Hope she will somehow meet someone in her life who would give her a wake up call. 'Cuz current one doesn't seem to be working.

It will take years and it depends a lot on whether she really is in treatment. Trauma/BPD improves over years. Some people get into their 40s and can manage the symptoms so well that the disorder doesn't disable them too much. I really hope Venus is in therapy, I really want to see her improve. If she is in treatment then I'd say late 20s or early 30s we should see a significant change. It depends on how early the trauma started as to how quickly she can significantly improve. It takes a lot of practise to learn to deal with intense and unstable emotions. Venus has to go back to basics from where she is now. She does have some of the skills but she's not using them. 

Posted

As long as she has „Friends“ around, who strengthen her believes on how poor and unlucky she is („No it’s not your fault, all others are at fault! The world is just so unfair“), she will never change imo. Venus really needs someone who is telling her the cold hard truth, without making it worse...and finding someone like that is hard! Especially when she distances herself from those on purpose...which she is doing!:alpacaworry2:

Posted

Looks like she's doing another live stream. The title is kinda intriguing, I wonder what she'll talk about. Praying that 'This is Fear' isn't a game title and I don't have to sit through an hour of her staring vacantly at her screen :P 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7wxiC1yuuA

Posted

Did he actually say he wanted to be a popular youtuber? I was always under the impression that it was Venus' idea that he have a youtube channel and Instagram. He was always so shy and awkward in front of the camera and seemed pretty private so I had a hard time believing he would have chose to do those things himself. I figured Venus probably thought they could make more money based on his association with her.  

I thought that too! He always seemed really shy and uncomfortable in front of the camera and Venus was the one who I think edited his videos as well. And I remember Venus saying in one video how he has his money and she has her money and how they want to start making "money together". So now it was only Venus' money that were used or??

Posted

Looks like she's doing another live stream. The title is kinda intriguing, I wonder what she'll talk about. Praying that 'This is Fear' isn't a game title and I don't have to sit through an hour of her staring vacantly at her screen :P 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7wxiC1yuuA

she ditched it with this message. I wonder if she's going to have better connection at her 9 AM. The subject kinda interested me.

Unbenannt.PNG

Posted (edited)

I understand stuff can happen and mess up your plans, but... She is late for every stream, or has connection problems she could have sorted out by now. She couldn't even figure out how to set up a stream, always having audio issues etc. And she plans on doing a lot of streams like that? Don't know how her viewers are not tired yet, they always say "whatever she wants to do, I'm happy" while princess Venus does not even put effort into her job.

Edit: also, couldn't she at least say that she won't stream in time on Instagram? People on the live chat were waiting for her, they didn't see the message she left on the stream.

Edited by Padfoot
Adding some stuff

Posted

Man, I just figured out why she never got her audience back, and why everything feels so disjointed between them

She treats them terribly, too lazy to announce anything on her other platforms, that's why Malice failed, no enthusiasms,

She only goes to them when she needs ass pats and praises, I mean seriously Venus, these people defended you, your literal white knights, you could at least be more energetic about them nowadays :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Except your elaborately thought out theory includes Manaki “quitting his job to live off Youtube income” (whether his or Venus’s—at a time when her channel was DEAD.)

As another poster pointed out earlier, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find an apartment in Japan when your only income comes from being self-employed. No one will rent to people without a stable job (which Youtube is NOT.) This person went on for a long time about it, from her own experiences trying to find an apartment.

edit: link to the referenced post:

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/2085-general-venus-angelic-thread-3/?do=findComment&comment=527194

IF Manaki really did quit his job to live on his wife’s dead Youtube channel (which he didn’t) they would not have been able to keep their apartment, whether immediately if he got it through his employer or next time they had to sign a new lease with only Youtube income.

Conclusion: Manaki did not “quit his job to live off Youtube income.”

And about all that Youtube income some of you like to believe Venus was raking in from her dead Youtube channel back in 2018, that Manaki “quit his job to live on”... let’s talk about that. Here are some facts about Youtube income: 

- monetization: Youtubers make their money based on how many views the ads placed in their videos get, not some flat sum based on how many total views they have. And Youtube only monetizes (places ads on) 30% of the views of any given video.

- Of that 30%, a youtuber gets paid for an ad view only if the viewer watches the whole ad (i.e. does not hit ‘skip ad’ after the first few seconds.)

- Of that fraction, 20% of Youtube viewers watch with ad blocker on, so they never see an ad at all.

- Of the remaining fraction of monetized views, Google (parent company of Youtube) keeps 45% of it, leaving the Youtuber with 55% (of the 30% of monetized views, minus the 20% of views with ad blockers.)

- Of whatever small fraction of ad income that is left, the Youtuber pays taxes on. Japanese taxes are quite high for self-employed income — think 15-20%, plus something called a local inhabitants tax of another 10%.

Still think Venus was raking in such massive amounts of Youtube bux that Manaki “quit his job to live off her Youtube income” while trying to become a big Youtube star himself? You might want to rethink that.

I’m bringing this back because i think this is very important ti know about youtubing in general. I never had a high opinion of youtubing in general because it just seems to be a mlm-esque business model, and this confirms it. that would then mean any little endorsement a youtuber gets also amounts to nothing. You make fuck all from youtube.

i knew she was practically begging for pocket change, why does she think she’ll ever make it work, idiot needs schooling, not social media. she only turns to her fans when she wants validation, which is why she got all triggered when discussion became more critical if her. 

Also why do people keep bringing up Mikan like shes her savior. She yet another social media influencer.

Posted

I get the impression wherever Venus is living just has really shitty internet. Either that or she's making up excuses.

Posted

I get the impression wherever Venus is living just has really shitty internet. Either that or she's making up excuses.

Didn't she try streaming some game recently, but failed due to internet problems. I kinda believe her in this matter.

Posted

Didn't she try streaming some game recently, but failed due to internet problems. I kinda believe her in this matter.

it's a good start for a video production / advertising company lol