• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

5461 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, it's just all really disappointing. I'm regretting jumping the gun and saying she's getting herself together nicely. There are a lot of trauma victims who process healing differently, but she's not even attending therapy regularly or prioritizing her mental health. It's alright to take a while to stabilize, it's alright to have mood swings and everything -- that's part of healing. But what's NOT okay is ignoring any help you can actually get. What's NOT okay is constantly running back to your triggers, things you know will throw you in a spiral. She's ignoring her mental health, and while I thought it was her denial, I seriously think social media has gotten to her head now. Supporters and encouragement online does not equate therapy. 

Posted (edited)

I'm going to step in. Maybe when she said "He didn't want to work," she meant "He didn't want to be more ambitious" not "he literally wanted to be 100% jobless and mooch off Venus." Maybe he was just content in the job he had and didn't want to risk going further further and failing. Maybe Venus and Manakis life goals were different. I suppose Venus was all about furthering her youtube career where Manaki was like "No, we should play our part and work like normal people." I also feel this is the case as a while back Venus was looking at going to school. At the end of the day Venus does have a social media presence so it is possible for her to turn things around and get popular in japan. Manaki possibly doesn't understand that and then their goals and ambitions may be in different directions.Venus seemed sad it didn't work out with him. But it doesn't mean their life goals were compatible. I think what Venus mean is that he doesn't want to work hard to see the goals she sees in the future come to light.

if she doesn't change her statement again next time, sure

Or I think I have a side theory that Venus's ambition is way too high, Manaki probably sees how her videos view counts are getting less and less throughout the years, his videos are also not consistent in views to support them both in the long run

Plus before this divorce, we don't exactly know what kind of direction Venus wants to take in her career, nor has she ever tell her viewers

She just seemed ambitious *NOW* after Manaki dumped her, because she had to make a huge career steps in supporting herself

I always thought Venus will be a house-wife in Japan vlogger, or those travel vlogger, but obviously I was reaching too far

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted (edited)

I'm going to step in. Maybe when she said "He didn't want to work," she meant "He didn't want to be more ambitious" not “he literally wanted to be 100% jobless and mooch off Venus.” Maybe he was just content in the job he had and didn't want to risk going further further and failing. Maybe Venus and Manakis life goals were different. I suppose Venus was all about furthering her youtube career where Manaki was like "No, we should play our part and work like normal people."

Yeah, no. Did you not see that video she put out? She literally said exactly what you just said she didn’t say, lol. Quote:  “We got divorced because Manaki quit his job to live off MY income.” It couldn’t have been any clearer.

And as far as that “ambition” thing goes, he was happy to let her do whatever she pleased, all day every day. She could have “formed a company” any time during that 3 1/2 years regardless of Manaki’s “ambition.” She CHOSE to sit on her ass doing nothing the whole time. Manaki’s “ambition” had nothing to do with anything.

I also feel this is the case as a while back Venus was looking at going to school.  

When was Venus ever “looking at going to school”? I don’t recall her ever showing the slightest interest in even getting a high school diploma equivalent. 

Venus seemed sad it didn't work out with him. 

Again: Did you not SEE that video she put out (and then deleted)? The one where she said he was an abuser “worse than her mother” and “quit his job to live off HER earnings”? Does that sound “sad” to you? Because it sounds like an attack to me, and it’s exactly the kind of attack Margaret unleashed on Venus back in 2016. EXACTLY the same. Which brings me to my next point:

I also don't feel people should say the divorce is happening because of Venus being like Margeret. It must suck when all your mistakes and unfortunate comings are put on you because your abuser happened to be your mum. Blaming Mageret coming out of Venus' personality is just depressing and gives her an excuse. She didn't get much of a childhood so I personally feel this is just her rebellious stage and she will grow out of it. 

I’m saying Venus is like Margaret because she is showing herself to be EXACTLY like Margaret in so many ways it’s not even funny. She’s literally like a little Margaret clone.

And please give me a break with this “just going through a phase” and reliving the “childhood she never had” shit. She’s a fully grown adult who is making choices about what she does every single day, not some emotionally traumatized 13-year old child.

Edited by Andromeda Galaxy

Posted

What ambition does Venus have tho? She never really talked about having things planned for the future. Any plans she does have, such as Malice, seem impulsive. Even the whole company/businesswoman is impulsive because she suddenly needs a visa. I recently remembered how YouTuber Tina Yong moved to Sinagpore by creating a business with her boyfriend so they could sponsor their own visas. I don't know Japanese laws but if this is possible then it makes sense it's what Venus and Ella are doing. 

Also wondering if maybe when Venus claims Manaki isn't "ambitious enough" she is talking about his abandoned YouTube channel. Manaki is a factory worker so she couldn't expect him to suddenly get a job paying 6 figures within 3 years but she could expect him to have an active YouTube channel (even tho her activity has been sporadic). 

Posted

Yeah, it's just all really disappointing. I'm regretting jumping the gun and saying she's getting herself together nicely. There are a lot of trauma victims who process healing differently, but she's not even attending therapy regularly or prioritizing her mental health. It's alright to take a while to stabilize, it's alright to have mood swings and everything -- that's part of healing. But what's NOT okay is ignoring any help you can actually get. What's NOT okay is constantly running back to your triggers, things you know will throw you in a spiral. She's ignoring her mental health, and while I thought it was her denial, I seriously think social media has gotten to her head now. Supporters and encouragement online does not equate therapy. 

Exactly.
Social Media is a HUGE part of her issues. She seems completely addicted to it. On one hand, she uses it to propagate this perfect image of who she wishes she was. On the other, she uses it to put herself down, for attention and validation. She attacks genuine supporters, panders to orbiters, and focuses on negativity.
If she didn't have social media, she'd be forced to change into a different person: Someone who socialized in intimate circles. Someone who developed life skills, suited for "the real world". Someone who coped with trauma efficiently. And, someone probably be better off, in the long run.

Also wondering if maybe when Venus claims Manaki isn't "ambitious enough" she is talking about his abandoned YouTube channel. Manaki is a factory worker so she couldn't expect him to suddenly get a job paying 6 figures within 3 years but she could expect him to have an active YouTube channel (even tho her activity has been sporadic). 

The hypocrisy is real.

Posted

Stupid thing to ask but what is malice? Can you guys please educate me on this subject matter? Also she never got a high school diploma? 

Posted (edited)

Stupid thing to ask but what is malice? Can you guys please educate me on this subject matter? Also she never got a high school diploma? 

There was this short period of time that she tried becoming a Virtual Youtuber, like AI-Channel types, named Malice Jabberwocky

This is her AI personaJabberwocky_Malice_2018_Portrait.thumb.j

This is one of the fall-out of her fans, lots of them unsubscribed after this announcement, but her vids are pretty boring, I was supportive of it-kinda because I think Virtual Ytubers can be fun and she can have more confidence doing this when she doesn't have to show her face but even then it never gotten anywhere ( apparently the company that managed Malice went bankrupt and to China )

Also, if I remember correctly, Margo moves and hop from country to country way too much for Venus to actually finish any high school, the only school she ever finished-or say graduate during her teenage years is that language school in South Korea

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

oooof. ok. So, Malice:

At one point, this past Spring (?), Venus decided to change her YT channel around COMPLETELY. She decided to make it a "virtual yotuber" channel, complete with a new host: Malice. Malice was a cartoon character, and a part of a squad of other virtual YouTubers... but it never went anywhere, due to Venus's lack of follow-up. 
There are way more details, including allegations that Venus slept with the manager of this virtual youtube squad... but nothing substantial came out (imo.) I think she just got lazy, discouraged, and depressed... so Malice inevitability flopped.

Posted

Ah okay! Thanks guys! I just kept seeing malice being mentioned in previous posts and was thinking what the heck is malice?? Like actual malice? thanks for clearing that up. I could kinda see Venus with the virtual tubing thing I mean it wouldn’t be a bad idea, I would like that better than showing my real face (just my personal opinion) 

Posted

Ah okay! Thanks guys! I just kept seeing malice being mentioned in previous posts and was thinking what the heck is malice?? Like actual malice? thanks for clearing that up. I could kinda see Venus with the virtual tubing thing I mean it wouldn’t be a bad idea, I would like that better than showing my real face (just my personal opinion) 

Her Malice Jabberwocky channel is still up if you're interested in seeing what she was doing.

Posted

I have to say this, Venus can still do the sympathy grab because she's still young, what is she gonna do when she can't do that anymore? I mean, even her mom does it sometimes with the *AbOooosive pENus* back then

Posted

The thing is, Venus is acting a fool, but people are the product of their environments - it's becoming apparent that Venus has basically never had any good influences in her life and we're seeing the fallout from that. Like, she basically only had her mother for company for pretty much her entire childhood (and we've seen how things turned out for Margo), and most of her "friends" in Japan seem like shallow influencer types who just use each other for increased social media traffic via collabs more than anything else. Manaki seems mostly harmless, but I guess we'll never know the full story there either. Like, I'm seeing a person who wants to sort her life out but has no idea how to behave like a functional well-adjusted adult because this is basically all she knows. She needs an intervention but I doubt anyone in her life would actually do that. 

Posted

I always thought Venus will be a house-wife in Japan vlogger, or those travel vlogger, but obviously I was reaching too far

I always hoped she was going for “house-wife in Japan” vlogs. Just sharing her life in a foreign country, sharing some yummy recipes (I mean does she like to eat and made some cooking videos before). 

I would have really enjoyed that because I think I’m only two years older than Venus, we both married at 18 and I’m housewife in Japan myself. I live in the countryside though so I would have loved seeing her life in the city! I thought our lives were similar because of this! 

6 years of marriage and two kids later I realize that I couldn’t have been more wrong. Because I married young myself I was one of those who believed that her marriage could work out. I was really rooting for her and Manaki!

I know everyone is different, and manaki is obviously  into the loli type, but Venus didn’t even grow up/become a little more mature during their whole relationship. Now that she’s on her own I think she desperately tries to act more mature (simply because she has to) but I think that maybe manaki got fed up with that. Sleeping in different beds/rooms, still not calling each other husband/wife (I was so proud to be able to say “Oh, this is my husband!” And I wasn’t any older than her), the lying about the surgery. Also when manaki said that he wouldn’t want to have kids with Venus if she did the surgery shows us that he probably wanted kids with her. 

Posted

The thing is, Venus is acting a fool, but people are the product of their environments - it's becoming apparent that Venus has basically never had any good influences in her life and we're seeing the fallout from that. Like, she basically only had her mother for company for pretty much her entire childhood (and we've seen how things turned out for Margo), and most of her "friends" in Japan seem like shallow influencer types who just use each other for increased social media traffic via collabs more than anything else. Manaki seems mostly harmless, but I guess we'll never know the full story there either. Like, I'm seeing a person who wants to sort her life out but has no idea how to behave like a functional well-adjusted adult because this is basically all she knows. She needs an intervention but I doubt anyone in her life would actually do that. 

She was quite close to Mikan for awhile who would have been a good role model. Mikan has had a rough past/homelife but she doesn't use it as an excuse, she has mental health problems but works to keep it in check, she does YouTube while also going to school and working a job. She also had Taylor rooting for her for a long time. I think its telling that out of all her friends the one she gravitated most towards is Ella who has an alleged shady past and she can get drunk with.

Venus has had good influences she just would rather surround herself with people like her. She doesn't want to sort her life out or learn to behave like a well-functioning adult or she would. Its not hard to not day drink and post 1 or 2 videos a week that don't include slandering your ex. 

Posted

She was quite close to Mikan for awhile who would have been a good role model. Mikan has had a rough past/homelife but she doesn't use it as an excuse, she has mental health problems but works to keep it in check, she does YouTube while also going to school and working a job. She also had Taylor rooting for her for a long time. I think its telling that out of all her friends the one she gravitated most towards is Ella who has an alleged shady past and she can get drunk with.

Venus has had good influences she just would rather surround herself with people like her. She doesn't want to sort her life out or learn to behave like a well-functioning adult or she would. Its not hard to not day drink and post 1 or 2 videos a week that don't include slandering your ex. 

To be fair though, people who have trauma related issues tend to gravitate towards shady/unstable people. Unconsciously people are drawn to what is familiar to them even when it's unhealthy and harmful. I think there is a high chance we'll see Venus getting involved with more shady characters in the future.