• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

5460 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@BitchPlox Oh damn, I did realize I was speaking directly to you and you only in my post!

oh wait...... that’s cuz I wasn’t. 

You wanna tell me that I don’t think discussion is allowed and I’m trying to police what topics are “worthy”, yet when you quote my post you break down everything I say and why it’s wrong. Policing my opinions. I shared what I thought, and you seem to think I’m trying to control the discussion..... what even the fuck?

Stop with the condescending breakdown style analyses of people’s posts. That’s how you “attack” people.

Hey now let’s try not to start another argument war in the thread.  Please remember this thread is discussing Venus and her content. This is not the place to create back and forth comments about one another that do not pertain to the thread topic.  

If you two have beef on how you handle each other please continue the discussion privately- this way others don’t get lost in discussion.  

:alpacashocked:

Edited by mochimaku
small typo and grammar error

Posted

@BitchPlox Oh damn, I did realize I was speaking directly to you and you only in my post!

You wanna tell me that I don’t think discussion is allowed and I’m trying to police what topics are “worthy”, yet when you quote my post you break down everything I say and why it’s wrong. Policing my opinions. I shared what I thought, and you seem to think I’m trying to control the discussion..... what even the fuck?

Stop with the condescending breakdown style analyses of people’s posts. That’s how you “attack” people.

giphy.gif

uhhh... sorry?

I'll go ahead, and DM you the rest, lol!

In case you ignore it: I clearly hit a nerve, and for that I apologize. But, there's no need to get so personal, and hostile...

Posted

I wonder if this new ‘business’ Venus is starting is some kind of pyramid scheme... Like, one of those of multi-level marketing things where you call yourself a business owner but really you’re just running your own subset of a wider organisation with a few underpaid staff members who all work commission? It would explain how Venus is suddenly able to start her own business despite having zero formal qualifications, since they’ll take on pretty much anybody who’s desperate for money and gullible enough to fall for it.

I had this really shady “marketing company” try to recruit me once where they claimed you could work your way towards being a CEO of your own company within a year - and all the staff were paid commission (i.e. basically nothing) and were classed as “self employed” to avoid having to give them any actual worker’s rights. I don’t know how common they are in Japan (although I guess it could be international) but it would explain a lot if it was the kind of thing Venus is doing.

Posted

Maybe he should go after a woman his own age next time then, instead of someone who's obviously stuck in puberty. 

Hopefully he’ll stay away from lying mentally unstable alcoholic users next time, yeah.

Posted

Did he actually say he wanted to be a popular youtuber? I was always under the impression that it was Venus' idea that he have a youtube channel and Instagram. He was always so shy and awkward in front of the camera and seemed pretty private so I had a hard time believing he would have chose to do those things himself. I figured Venus probably thought they could make more money based on his association with her.  

sadly I only remember it being mentioned by Margo as she was trying to bash him, therefore not a 100% trustable statement.

However I have a timeline theory that supports Venus's explanation, because I'm your naive piece of sh** who doesn't want to believe in negativity. Therefore OT and spoiler, please feel free to fill in the loop wholes and bring me on the right track.

Venus and manaki move in together after she runs away from Margo, and they try to set up their life together. Venus working home on her channel and cooking for both (she had 2-3 videos about it), and maybe some household, and Mana working his factory job. <- sounds like a good start.

- fast forward a few months, Manaki coming home every day from his irregular schedule and physically consuming job, to his lovely wife who seems to be confortably sitting at her laptop editing videos while listening to her fav music. On top of that she seems to be making more money out of it and not having such a hard time and physical stress. Hmm sounds like a better and easier job.

- Manaki considers if he couldn't do just the same and start earning easier money to replace his stressful job. Venus finds it a good idea to set up a channel for him since that brings another point in common for them too, however since she is the one with video editing and posting experience, she would take over the editting and translating part (as the self declared doormat she is), while manaki was working only on filming. Hence this seemed to look like Venus was putting in more hours for both of them while Mana could only do less.

- At some point I think Mana was uploading videos more often, which might be the time that he gave up on the factory job and concentrated on his social media. Everything of course with the help of Venus editting and translating. 

- Videos didn't go viral as naively hoped, and Manaki was slowly losing interest and motivation, thus putting less and less effort on his online presence. This brings to gradually less income from his side and more from hers.

- fast forward a few months (I would go with around 2018), Venus sitting home editting videos for money and doing the cooking (still not sure if manaki himself could cook for them both), while Mana only occasionally filming and maybe doing household. Finance decreases over the months since only one concentrates on working hard, bringing to stress and mental strain on Venus who starts building up intolerance and increased depression.

- 2019 comes and Venus depletes any tolerance left and starts getting breakdowns and drops any youtube activity out of spite and despair. Finances and savings spiral down and Venus can't take it anymore, and Mana is annoyed why this is not working anymore. They both grow intolerant of each other and their high expectations, and end up deleting their connection on social media.

- manaki is not motivated to get back up on his feet, while Venus is already sinking even deeper. She decides to find another place and not let herself get dragged down even further (around spring 2019). She wants to keep this private because she finds her situation humiliating. Being on down spiral, she sinks in alcohol and continues with breakdowns. Fans are pestering for months for answers which trigger her hate for the situation and she starts bitching about what happened. She hates him now and doesn't want to depict him as a saint /decent person, while risking to make herself the bad guy.

conclusion: I find that Venus has been trying these years to not be an overall bad person, however constantly being triggered, gradually brought out the worse from her, thus the person she is now (Margo v.2). If she had instead a positive environment, she maybe wouldn't have turned out like this.

apologies if I'm being too exagerated with this opinion.

Posted (edited)

sadly I only remember it being mentioned by Margo as she was trying to bash him, therefore not a 100% trustable statement.

However I have a timeline theory that supports Venus's explanation, because I'm your naive piece of sh** who doesn't want to believe in negativity. Therefore OT and spoiler, please feel free to fill in the loop wholes and bring me on the right track.

Hidden Content

That sounds very plausible. 

Maybe Manaki quit work but took a new job when he realised his channel was not blowing up as he expected. There were a few videos in 2018 where Venus seemed to be very alone, like the "Dont Want to Die One." Didn't she also spend her birthday alone last year? Everyone wondered where Manaki was and so Taylor visited. 

Edited by Marilyn

Posted

That sounds very plausible. 

Maybe Manaki quit work but took a new job when he realised his channel was not blowing up as he expected. There were a few videos in 2018 where Venus seemed to be very alone, like the "Dont Want to Die One." Didn't she also spend her birthday alone last year? Everyone wondered where Manaki was and so Taylor visited. 

oh, this was even this year, early spring (there is an instagram post with taylor on March 11th). So that's where she was already moved out.

there was also this luggage photo with stole_apricot girl, and I always wondered if she was literarily moving.

Posted (edited)

Thinking about all the he said she said of the situation, I’m reminded of a saying: “There are 3 sides to every story; his, hers, and the truth”. 

Hence why people now say “I’m telling you MY truth” instead of THE truth. Because the lense in which we view the world may not actually be how the world actually is. I doubt we’ll ever actually know what is the truth but I’d be lying if I said Manaki coming out with his side wouldn’t help decipher what the truth is. But at the same time I worry that if he does come out it’ll just fuck with his mental health even more than it already has. Tough situation for sure!

Whoa, relax. Bitchplox has a very direct way of writing and I get how it can be easily misconstrued as attacking, shit she has the same problem I do 😂, but she actually means well. Just have to get used to her writing style. 

As for the “picking apart”, she’s not picking apart, she’s just highlighting the specific points she is addressing that stood out to her. It’s something we all do here. It’s just efficient so people don’t have to read the whole thing over and over again.

Edited by Biscuit
Typo

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Except your elaborately thought out theory includes Manaki “quitting his job to live off Youtube income” (whether his or Venus’s—at a time when her channel was DEAD.)

As another poster pointed out earlier, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find an apartment in Japan when your only income comes from being self-employed. No one will rent to people without a stable job (which Youtube is NOT.) This person went on for a long time about it, from her own experiences trying to find an apartment.

edit: link to the referenced post:

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/2085-general-venus-angelic-thread-3/?do=findComment&comment=527194

IF Manaki really did quit his job to live on his wife’s dead Youtube channel (which he didn’t) they would not have been able to keep their apartment, whether immediately if he got it through his employer or next time they had to sign a new lease with only Youtube income.

Conclusion: Manaki did not “quit his job to live off Youtube income.”

And about all that Youtube income some of you like to believe Venus was raking in from her dead Youtube channel back in 2018, that Manaki “quit his job to live on”... let’s talk about that. Here are some facts about Youtube income: 

- monetization: Youtubers make their money based on how many views the ads placed in their videos get, not some flat sum based on how many total views they have. And Youtube only monetizes (places ads on) 30% of the views of any given video.

- Of that 30%, a youtuber gets paid for an ad view only if the viewer watches the whole ad (i.e. does not hit ‘skip ad’ after the first few seconds.)

- Of that fraction, 20% of Youtube viewers watch with ad blocker on, so they never see an ad at all.

- Of the remaining fraction of monetized views, Google (parent company of Youtube) keeps 45% of it, leaving the Youtuber with 55% (of the 30% of monetized views, minus the 20% of views with ad blockers.)

- Of whatever small fraction of ad income that is left, the Youtuber pays taxes on. Japanese taxes are quite high for self-employed income — think 15-20%, plus something called a local inhabitants tax of another 10%.

Still think Venus was raking in such massive amounts of Youtube bux that Manaki “quit his job to live off her Youtube income” while trying to become a big Youtube star himself? You might want to rethink that.

Edited by Andromeda Galaxy
added link

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this new ‘business’ Venus is starting is some kind of pyramid scheme... Like, one of those of multi-level marketing things where you call yourself a business owner but really you’re just running your own subset of a wider organisation with a few underpaid staff members who all work commission? It would explain how Venus is suddenly able to start her own business despite having zero formal qualifications, since they’ll take on pretty much anybody who’s desperate for money and gullible enough to fall for it.

Whatever it is, I don't think she's the owner. I think she's just hired to be hype it up, and be the "face" of it. She probably just has fun saying it's "hers". It's the kind of grandiosity you'd see from Margo. But, if I'm wrong, here are some other guesses:

1. A MLM, like you suggest. (And if so... nuff' said, lol!) This does seem super likely.

2. Social Media Management; an idea her mother came up with, for herself, a while ago. Interesting choice for Venus, since she hasn't been able to manage and maintain her own fame, to date. I wouldn't trust her, personally. Aside from not leading by example, she's been erratic emotionally, and unstable habitually.

3. Promotional PR for local businesses; Restaurants, boutiques, leisure activities, etc. (Seems like a fruitless venture, seeing that only a minute % of Venus's followers are actually in Japan.)

And, even if she DOES own this company... I have little faith in her ability to keep it running. Regardless of partners or staff.
Venture capitalists, with years of education, experience, and resources, flop their companies all the time. 
Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Donald Trump. They all falied *at least* once, with their companies & investments. 

I'm not saying Venus is doomed... but I am saying she has zip for eduication, and zilch for experience. Guess we'll see!

Edited by BitchPlox
grammar

Posted

Absolutely not true! Why would you even say that? There are many reasons why someone chooses to divorce someone and being angry with someone is the most common reason for it. Not angry as in "You didn't buy me flowers this week, I'm divorcing your ass!" but angry as in so frustrated with their SO that nothing else helps them anymore. My friend divorced her abusive husband last year and she still is angry with him. Even thou SHE filed for the divorce. 

Except she’s backed right off from that Perennial Victim/I was ABUSED (how very Margo-like) reason for the divorce she gave in that video, and the reason they got divorced is now “mumble mumble Manaki was LESS AMBITIOUS than me” Lol. Which is especially rich coming from someone who spent the past 3 1/2 years sitting on her ass in her little pink bedroom hoarding plushies and cute plastic Japanese toys, and is only now scrambling to try to pay her own bills because her doormat enabler of a husband finally kicked her ass out.

Which I still maintain is the source of her anger and lashing out at Manaki now. She’s reduced to living in a crappy Margo-like little room because of him and she’s pissed.

Posted

The struggle is real when your provider is sick of your shit. 

Posted

Screenshot_20190911-044844.thumb.png.d97

This photo appears to be from that sad little comeback “event” she tried to stage back in early August:

5ECC0FB1-FF70-4E99-B4BA-D579F503C88F.thu

Posted

Except she’s backed right off from that Perennial Victim/I was ABUSED (how very Margo-like) reason for the divorce she gave in that video, and the reason they got divorced is now “mumble mumble Manaki was LESS AMBITIOUS than me” Lol. Which is especially rich coming from someone who spent the past 3 1/2 years sitting on her ass in her little pink bedroom hoarding plushies and cute plastic Japanese toys, and is only now scrambling to try to pay her own bills because her doormat enabler of a husband finally kicked her ass out.

Which I still maintain is the source of her anger and lashing out at Manaki now. She’s reduced to living in a crappy Margo-like little room because of him and she’s pissed.

I'm going to step in. Maybe when she said "He didn't want to work," she meant "He didn't want to be more ambitious" not "he literally wanted to be 100% jobless and mooch off Venus." Maybe he was just content in the job he had and didn't want to risk going further further and failing. Maybe Venus and Manakis life goals were different. I suppose Venus was all about furthering her youtube career where Manaki was like "No, we should play our part and work like normal people." I also feel this is the case as a while back Venus was looking at going to school. At the end of the day Venus does have a social media presence so it is possible for her to turn things around and get popular in japan. Manaki possibly doesn't understand that and then their goals and ambitions may be in different directions.Venus seemed sad it didn't work out with him. But it doesn't mean their life goals were compatible. I think what Venus mean is that he doesn't want to work hard to see the goals she sees in the future come to light. I also don't feel people should say the divorce is happening because of Venus being like Margeret. It must suck when all your mistakes and unfortunate comings are put on you because your abuser happened to be your mum. Blaming Mageret coming out of Venus' personality is just depressing and gives her an excuse. She didn't get much of a childhood so I personally feel this is just her rebellious stage and she will grow out of it. 

Posted

This photo appears to be from that sad little comeback “event” she tried to stage back in early August:

5ECC0FB1-FF70-4E99-B4BA-D579F503C88F.thu

Dude... nice photo recall!

And, wow. I remember ranting and raving about that previous post... how she seemed so together, and healthy, and full of self love... Fuck. 
How things have changed...
How wrong I was.

*smh*