• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6246 posts in this topic

Posted

I´m a dutch native speaker, dutch looks like a lot of languages including german, english, norwegian, danish, swedish. because they are all related to eachother but they are all their own seperate languages. If you know german and english you will not be able to understand anything of it minus a few words. same goes for if you know dutch and english. I cant understand German for shit minus small words/sentences. They are VERY seperate languages. and also, its really not THAT similar. For Dutch native speakers scandinavian languages are actually easier to learn than german. 

Posted (edited)

I didn't understand that Serala was saying that Dutch isn't a real language, rather that it sounds like a mix of English and German. And as an English and German speaker, yeah...I can understand quite a bit of it. I won't say all, but definitely enough to get by. 
But that doesn't mean I speak the language. Being able to understand some of a language and/or being able to speak some words or sentences does not mean you speak the language. I also have my doubts about her language skills. Saying some sentences in the internet doesn't impress me. And although I'm not from Switzerland, I do think they learn Hochdeutsch in school. But their accents can be quite strong sometimes and naturally, they have their own dialect and slang.

But I digress. 
If she actually speaks  all those languages, maybe she should apply to work at the UN, maybe they pay well 9_9 

EDIT: I also think there's a difference between smart and intelligent. Maybe she's intelligent (hence being able to learn multiple languages), but we can't dispute that she is indeed a fool. 

Edited by rootbranch

Posted

Hidden Content

I never said it is a dialect, but you can still understand some things and a lot of things are similar. And I never said you automatically know Dutch, but it becomes easier than if you would try to learn languages, where not even a word is similar. You all somehow just take everything I say too seriously. I said people "joke about Dutch being mixed together out of English and German" not that it is mixed. Even a few words and sentences are making  learning a language easier. And if you look at things being written in those languages on for example products you can often understand like 10-40 percent. And again I have never said, that they are that similar, I just said that they are more similar than some other languages in contrast. If I watch a video in Dutch (of course it depends on the video and how fast they talk etc) I can understand around 10-20 percent. I know that the languages are seperate, but it is still easier learning as a German Dutch instead of Korean, so I don't know why you all act like I said that they are the same language. Of course they are different, but still each language is somehow connected with another. Some more some less

I didn't understand that Serala was saying that Dutch isn't a real language, rather that it sounds like a mix of English and German. And as an English and German speaker, yeah...I can understand quite a bit of it. I won't say all, but definitely enough to get by. 
But that doesn't mean I speak the language. Being able to understand some of a language and/or being able to speak some words or sentences does not mean you speak the language. I also have my doubts about her language skills. Saying some sentences in the internet doesn't impress me. And although I'm not from Switzerland, I do think they learn Hochdeutsch in school. But their accents can be quite strong sometimes and naturally, they have their own dialect and slang.

But I digress. 
If she actually speaks  all those languages, maybe she should apply to work at the UN, maybe they pay well 9_9 

Thank you! Finally someone, who gets me :)! 

For example even though French and German are not similar to each other like Dutch and German, I still found similarities, which helped me a lot while learning the language. The more languages have words/sentence structures etc. in common the easier it is to learn it

Posted

I think she did study seven languages but at this point she wouldn't be able to keep track of it. Mostly because some of those Languages she doesn't use on a daily basis

Posted

I´m a dutch native speaker, dutch looks like a lot of languages including german, english, norwegian, danish, swedish. because they are all related to eachother but they are all their own seperate languages. If you know german and english you will not be able to understand anything of it minus a few words. same goes for if you know dutch and english. I cant understand German for shit minus small words/sentences. They are VERY seperate languages. and also, its really not THAT similar. For Dutch native speakers scandinavian languages are actually easier to learn than german. 

That's similar to what I said. Even few sentences help to make learning a language easier and I bet you can understand at least like 10 percent German. Look on YouTube how often under videos with different languages people comment "I as a Dutch speaker could understand some of the German words" and of course the same is commented by German ones. Heck, even sometimes English speakers comment on how they could understand some dutch words. I never said you are fluent in Dutch, if you know English and German, but you do know some words

Posted

But most of them are similar. I googled them and Dutch and German are pretty similar, Swiss German is a German dialect, which she learned since birth, English is kind of necessary and in almost every country you learn it in school (and it is a Germanic language. German and English share 600 words with the same meaning and writing, so it is not like it is a way different language). And for some people German and Swiss German sound way too different, but it's honestly not that different. Even those, who speak standard German at least can understand 30 percent without even trying at all. I had no problem to understand my cousins speaking Swiss German, even though I never heard it before when I first met them and they had no problems understanding me. We literally only understood like 2 words not from each other and we were children back than and I still have until this day no problems with understanding them, even though we didn't talked for a few years to each other. It's honestly a stereotype, most speak in a way you can understand them and the words are only slightly different and often end in a rather cute way. Other than that it is not that different. Also in Switzerland don't they learn Standard German in school?

About Dutch: People even make jokes that Dutch sounds like English and German are mixed together, because they are similar. I doubt she speaks Spanish, especially since she lived in Switzerland, where you would rather learn French or Italian, but not Spanish. In the video even I could tell that she is a beginner (and I rarely know a word in Spanish lol). Also since someone mentioned she was in Spain in a school: When would that have been? I am really curious, but I doubt it. Margo had even in the past no money to spend and a private school costs a lot of money.

I doubt she can speak Korean well, I heard the grammar is really hard and she didn't even lived there long. Also she lived together with her mother, who probably rarely let her out and practice it. Her Japanese is okay, but I doubt she is fluent in it. She can have conversations in it, but I don't think she can have deep ones.

so all in all I think she can speak around 3-4, if Dutch isn't a lie and a lot of these languages are similar to the point that it doesn't really take much effort to learn them

I don't doubt that her abilities may have been exaggerated for the UK and US audience. I'm sure Maggot would have known that being able to speak many languages would make her look intelligent in certain counties. 50's actress Jayne Mansfield was sold by Fox as being able to speak 5 languages because the studio knew it would impress the general public (she couldn't and all her interviews and films made abroad were done in English or dubbed). I also remember that interview with Venus and Maggot, in which Maggot was stated Venus was very bright and good with physics and psychology. I'm not sure about that, how could she truly judge when Venus wasn't at school with a teacher to mark her work and so on. Anyway, I really don't know enough about languages to know how good she is. I don't know about these days, but when I was at school we generally started learning French in the year 6 (age 10/11) and that was only once per week. 

Someone who is multilingual will always been seen as above avarage in the UK at least because so many of us are ignorant on the subject. 

Posted

For the people saying she's fluent in Swiss German, she is not. Her Swiss German sounds awful.

Posted

For the people saying she's fluent in Swiss German, she is not. Her Swiss German sounds awful.

Omg, I just listened to it (because before I only listened to her Spanish) and it is really horrible for a native speaker. She couldn't even say the word for "kitchen cupboard" correctly. She misses in general the way to pronounce the words like a Swiss would do It. It sounds like she is a wannabe, who just mispronounces German words so much that it is enough to count as a dialect. It sounds really forced and while you can hear her dialect a little bit in German, she still somehow pronounces the Swiss German words kind of wrong, even though it is her native tongue. It is of course not enough to say you can't understand her, but she doesn't sound like she grew up with it

Posted

where are y'all getting this "fluent" nonsense from? she can't string one sentence together without using the wrong tense of a verb, or the wrong noun.  Her accent is horrible in ANY language we've heard her speak. On top of that, learning a language is one thing but if you do not engage with it for years, the knowledge leaves you. Who exactly is speaking German to her lately? Or Spanish or even English really? 

I also don't see how people here are calling her intelligent but to each their own, being intelligent is out of anyone's control, but to me Venus is an absolute moron. 

Posted (edited)

- Who benefited more? That would be Venus by a mile: VISA, escape from her abusive situation, protection from her abuser, support (both emotional and financial) for over 3 years and a doormat/enabler in Manaki. Manaki got...what, a cute roommate for awhile (who turned out to be a mentally unstable liar)? Venus wins this one hands down.

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but I'v always doubted that she had zero income even when her views had greatly decreased. I had that feeling because her videos, such as her korean girl makeup, kept doing the rounds in Asia's youtube. Social Blade and any other site about youtuber's incomes can be as inaccurate as any statistics, but, I will present this one with a wider yearly analysis: 

https://www.trackalytics.com/youtube/user/venus angelic/

Screen_Shot_2019-09-05_at_2.27.59_PM.thu

The analysis shows that she had a lot of revenue during 2018, I doubt she didn't save anything from that period.

Lets say that she didn't save at all anyway. Could she have supported herself during her channel's rougher months? Yes. Her lowest income were random days with 54 usd from around April to August (when her videos were taken down by her or someone else). Doesn't seem like much, but those days alternated with days of 74 usd, 90 usd, etc in the same months. Still, let think she made the very least each day for months.

Her lowest possible income monthly in jpy, gives a total of 174,000 yen. Minimum wage for Japan is around 136,000 jpy monthly. The average rent in Japan (letting out Tokyo, as she lives in a different city) is 68,000 to 98,000 jpy. Even if she was paying the highest rent by herself, she would have leftover income. I'm not saying it's a lot, I'm saying it's always been possible for her to support herself. If i had calculated each day with its actual statistical guess, it would have been more than 174,000 yen monthly.

Edited by Sho
correcting link

Posted

Warning: Conflicted views below, lol

Venus, at this current junction of her life, won't listen to any of us. She won't listen to common sense, because she's at an unreachable place mentally.

Even her old fans have turned against her, due to her toxic behavior. As much as we would all love for her to realise the error of her ways and actually start getting better, I don't see it happening. At least not for now.

Unless she is deported or something just as drastic happens, there is no way for her to realise what an idiot she is being at the moment. Not just to other people, she's being an idiot to herself, and it's magnified because she's a public person. There is no 'private' when you post everything on instagram.

She's going to continue living her life like an open wound until she simply can't anymore.

Venus, you're 22. You need to stop using your past to define your life.

Having depression isn't cool. Having mental illness isn't cool, it isn't 'edgy'.

On another note, I was washing the dishes and a thought popped in my head. She's still young, she may need to do this stupid shit now. It's just that since she is a youtube persona, everything is magnified and scrutinised more. My guess is that she couldn't be as cringefully ''edgy'' as most of us had the opportunity to be in our teens, so she does it now that she's not in her momma's clutches anymore. Sort of like Michael Jackson, he never had a real childhood, so he spent his life doing what would be considered 'weird', like boarding a train in neverland and playing with llamas (EAT THE FOOD!). She was her momma's plaything for so long. And her momma is a certified Dr. Insano.

I dunno, really. I've been a fan since 2010, and have followed her for years. She is evolving into marge. Some part of me deep inside still wants her to get better. I just wish she'd go offline and start sorting her head together. She's still young, I hope she's not a lost cause. I know that mental illness is a bitch so I kind of feel for her still. She's just too stupid for words but I guess she's young, there may be hope for the future.

Posted

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but I'v always doubted that she had zero income even when her views had greatly decreased. I had that feeling because her videos, such as her korean girl makeup, kept doing the rounds in Asia's youtube. Social Blade and any other site about youtuber's incomes can be as inaccurate as any statistics, but, I will present this one with a wider yearly analysis: 

https://www.trackalytics.com/youtube/user/venus angelic/

Hidden Content

The analysis shows that she had a lot of revenue during 2018, I doubt she didn't save anything from that period.

Lets say that she didn't save at all anyway. Could she have supported herself during her channel's rougher months? Yes. Her lowest income were random days with 54 usd from around April to August (when her videos were taken down by her or someone else). Doesn't seem like much, but those days alternated with days of 74 usd, 90 usd, etc in the same months. Still, let think she made the very least each day for months.

Her lowest possible income monthly in jpy, gives a total of 174,000 yen. Minimum wage for Japan is around 136,000 jpy monthly. The average rent in Japan (letting out Tokyo, as she lives in a different city) is 68,000 to 98,000 jpy. Even if she was paying the highest rent by herself, she would have leftover income. I'm not saying it's a lot, I'm saying it's always been possible for her to support herself. If i had calculated each day with its actual statistical guess, it would have been more than 174,000 yen monthly.

How come her income is spiked for early January 2019 where it estimates she got approx 11K in a single day?

Posted

How come her income is spiked for early January 2019 where it estimates she got approx 11K in a single day?

My guess is, she probably got quoted in another youtuber's video, or she uploaded a very popular video that was taken down shortly after. I don't know for sure.

Posted

Venus has like zero discipline I very highly doubt she fluent in 7 languages.

Posted (edited)

Sorry I'm late re: the re-upload & legality talk. Just a few cents to toss in:

I vaguely remember claims about legal issues too, and having to censor her social media because of them. If this temporary censorship had to do with divorce, fine. If it had to do with the Korean Doctor's trial, fine. But why update IG with a cryptic message? And that emo selfie... with the broken heart emojis? SO unnecessary, if all you wanna do is set the record straight.

Explaining a re-uploaded video, due to legal censorship, is as easy as making a footnote in the video's description box:
"Lawyers for the Doctor's trial made me take down this video, temporarily."
OR
"My divorce lawyer had me take this video down, temporarily."
Hell, it doesn't even need to be a footnote. If she wanted video coverage, it could have been a 30 second intro. Succinct; to the point. But no... I think she wants to do more than just set the record straight.

She's taking another opportunity to capitalize on her private life. Which makes her hypocritical, again. I get the feeling we have another over-sharing video on the horizon... and the end goal is the usual: Attention. Validation. Therapy. Money.

Tinfoil: It probably has to do with her and Mana's separation, based on her "sad girl" hype vibes.
Edit: "bUt gUys! LeAve Mana al0ne! Private is private!!!" 

Edited by BitchPlox
in post