• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

4635 posts in this topic

Posted

“He’s not what society calls a great person”, “he did the same as my mom”... like she literally compared Manaki to her mom. I don’t know to what extent we should believe what she says, but damn her words towards him are extremely harsh. Also the comments under the video are so cringe inducing, I just can’t believe how naive and stupid her followers are..

Posted

“He’s not what society calls a great person”, “he did the same as my mom”... like she literally compared Manaki to her mom. I don’t know to what extent we should believe what she says, but damn her words towards him are extremely harsh. Also the comments under the video are so cringe inducing, I just can’t believe how naive and stupid her followers are..

I thought that the "he did the same as my mom" only referred to him quitting his job and living off of Venus (which she said immediately after), but I'm not sure. Also society wouldn't call such a leech a great person, so that would fit as well.

Posted

The video is terrible and she said pretty nasty things about Manaki that are provable as false, since is part 1 my guess is that the second part will be like "sike..i was joking about Manaki" and she just did it for the views, which is equally as bad as if she's saying the truth.

Whatever is the reason, whatever if it's true or false what she's saying, talking shit about her husband like that is bad. Taking advantage of your marriage just for views is bad. She really needs to learn how to be a decent human being.

Posted

Shes made bad jokes before (ie the April Fools joke) so pls let that have been a lesson agh.

No one is handwringing we're all here for gossiping, including feelings of pity for her. Having some pity doesnt absolve her from lying though. I have no idea what kind of reaction she expects from the videos (besides clicks), but I hope she at least really believes what she says.

I truly believe Margo was abusive but it wouldnt look good to most people if she lies about Manaki being abusive.

Maybe she's seeing the bad parts of her relationship and its altering her perception of other things? I wish she put it all in one video if she wanted to talk about it :S

Stuff like this really makes me doubt the whole "im ready to come back".

Posted

Her wave of emotions seems like most BPD cases during the start of therapy. When it comes to her YT channel and social life, I think we on PULL have to realize that we're really not the majority of her audience that asks for new videos and updates regularly on her social media. She probably recognizes that social media isn't good for her but stays on because: 1. how emotionally invested she is by large followings/impressions of her (not uncommon for trauma victims) and 2. it's literally the only thing she can link "positively" from her childhood, whether it be the comments she gets or the attention she was starved of from family as a kid.

I really don't think it's white-knighting to say that her emotional waves due to social media are absurd or unbelievable since it's really just a fact and explanation for how/why she's having them. Social media itself is already addictive to people without wonky pasts, so of course it would make sense that she can't simply just pull (haha) herself away from it to get "better." With time she'll probably understand that these emotional waves are causing her to impulsively post stuff, but right now, especially at the start of recovery, even knowing it doesn't always translate it to understanding it. Everyone goes through different speeds of healing and dealing with any sort of trauma. So while I can totally agree that she shouldn't be posting about her private life on social media anymore, I really don't get comments pretty much rolling their eyes at "how long" she's been this way and the frequency of her outbursts. 

Anyway, yeah. I'm really confused about the Manaki situation. If there's any bit of truth in it, what might have happened before was that she mistook the want of being "saved" from Margo as love, which happened to me when I got with my first SO when I was 16 and they were much older, not thinking about how unusual it was for someone that age to be approaching me. I ended up tacking on for 6 years until I realized I was extremely unhappy because they just weren't an ideal partner for me and it was only the stability that I was clinging to, but it took me that long to realize it wasn't love. Understanding emotions isn't a strong point of any trauma victim.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like Manaki's in any way abusive but rather that there's a cultural disconnect that she never realized until actually living in Japan with him. Aside from the part where he relied on her for a while, it's common for relationships to have a very passive means of communication in Japan and a sort of order in which things are dealt with within it. It's really hard to tell what the hell is going on though. She didn't explain why Manaki was "leeching" when it could be simply reasoned to he got laid off for a while before finding work again. Eh. Doesn't seem believable he's mini-Margo stats, but who knows.

Posted

Uh huh.Here’s what doesn’t “line up with what Venus said” regarding Manaki quitting his job to live off Venus’s money:

>She said she didn't allow him to pay for her surgeries and hospital bill, and that both split the household bills.
>Both mentioned sleeping on separate bedrooms most of the time due his different work schedules.
>When that Margo stalking incident happened, he had just gotten off work and wearing his work overalls.
>She mentioned "feeling lonely cuz mana's working long shifts :'(" at least one time.
>Manaki's surprise birthday party video, recorded in may 2018 (and which she conveniently made private/deleted), she says she had to hurry up before he gets home from work.

Also- “poor abused Venus” hasn’t had any Youtube income for “Manaki to live on” for MONTHS now.

She’s lying. And desperate for money and Youtube views now that she doesn’t have MANAKI’S income to live off anymore.

You’re getting played.

Enjoy your handwringing and worrying about Poor Abused Venus. She’ll continue to supply you with ample opportunities for both, believe me.

I mean, this is worded quite harshly, but... That's the thing with BPD - everything is always black or white. Manaki is either an abusive, manipulating and horrible person or he is the poor, shy guy everyone should leave alone. Her stories will always be exaggerated to some degree.

One of my co-workers has BPD and she also contradicts herself all the time. One day she tells me about her favorite Indian restaurant and the next month she tells me how the food is not authentic and not good and she never goes there. It feels like talking to two different people at times. 

So what I'm trying to say is, the truth is almost always a little less extreme.

And dealing with someone who has BPD should include distancing yourself to a degree. I know it's hard, it's not actually fair, but this roller coaster like behavior is really taxing on your own mental health. 

Posted (edited)

calling manaki a stlaker is not okay

You are right, it's not okay to call him a stalker. I edited it a little. But I stick to my point of view: It does look fishy if a fan follows you uninvited and you end up with a very hushed marriage. It's not right to call him her savior either.
But I wouldn't go as far as call him her savior if he might turn out as a margo 2.0. We don't know what is true. 

Maybe some time alone would do Venus some good. Without the internet as well. She lived first with her mother, then with her husband and maybe never had the time to figure out who she was as a person. Her character and personality were always crafted to please someone else if what she says is true. Either way, just lashing out at him while she still lives with him (?) or is at least married to him won't do her any good, it will release a shitstorm on him, even though nobody knows if the accusations are true. And it can endanger her if he gets attacked and she is not out of his reach. 

Edited by Strawberries

Posted

I won't lie, I was taken aback when she said she was a masochist. But it makes sense I guess.

Posted

The BDSM thing sounded 100% like a typical Venus joke to me.

Y'all think in part 2 she'll be like "but then he changed and now we're cool fam"?
There are so many holes in the stories right now, we need that part 2

Posted

I don't want to blame every unusual thing Venus does on her mental disorders, since it feels kind of like I'm not taking her seriously as a person. Maybe she really does just want to post a bizarre video of her drinking wine and making a lot of allegations.

But...

Unfortunately people with disorders like BPD have a weird relationship with social media sometimes :( I have one friend who suffers from similar problems. She always posted normal photos of herself on instagram. But one day out of the blue, she posted a mirror pic of her in a VERY skimpy swimsuit. I know some girls like posting that stuff but it was so out of character for this friend. I felt really worried for her. Lo and behold, she deleted it a few hours later...

This almost reminds me of Venus. She seems like sometimes she becomes a wild cannon with social media and starts posting really bizarre and out of character stuff. Maybe this is the real her and she's showing it now. But I'm worried she's just having some kind of nervous breakdown and taking it out on the internet since it's all she's had her whole life. 

Posted

I really hope she doesn't upload "Part 2".

I'm more interested in her exiting this downward spiral, than getting the tea.

Posted

Agree, she’s half-assing this whole Youtube “comeback.” Can’t even be bothered to put on a little makeup for her big Comeback! video OR that fan meetup? Really, Venus?

She posted this on her insta story on Sunday night (here, 12 noon Monday there):

C49EC3E4-7DEB-488E-83EB-4C27EF182765.thu

Obviously it didn’t happen that night, and still hasn’t happened. And now the insta story post is gone. My guess is that it’s not going to happen at all, never to be spoken of again...just the latest in a long string of promises she’s made and not kept. Her remaining fans are a long-suffering bunch, that’s for sure.

23F6C6F0-ED21-4178-BAA6-02A07E0122F6.thu

Here she is with all 5 of the girls who showed up for her meetup, also on her insta story which has now conveniently disappeared. I think she’s too embarrassed to post any videos of the sad event that no one showed up for, and it will not be spoken of again.

Poor Venus, she looks quite fed up in this pic with the other girls.  But even if she really did only want about ten people there, then eight turning up wasn't bad considering. In the pictures I saw, I didn't think much of the costume, mainly because of the wig, but maybe cosplay wigs are not meant to look too good?  

What I find sadder, is that for a long time some of us wondered if Manaki was the same stalker guy back from when she was only thirteen, but he seemed so nice, and Margaret said some things about him that were not nice, but then it came from Margaret, so..., !   Then Venus said something herself which made it sound he was being controlling,  so we wondered,  then some people were annoyed with her for showing him in a bad light, and also some of her fans started giving him  a hard time, so Venus had to backtrack and act like she was overreacting and it was a spur of the moment thing when she was feeling scratchy,  now it looks like all along he has been controlling,   maybe that is a cultural thing, life in Japan quite conservative etc,  but well, some men are like this anyway, they think it is their right as men to be in charge, like it's "Nature" an all, but Manaki seemed so cute and nice, and he might be, but it turns out he was being controlling all along, or at least as far as Venus sees it, and I have no reason to doubt that she is right.   Sadly, people often  somehow recreate the situation of their childhoods, even if unhappy because it is all that they have known and their subconscious  seems to work to draw again the same scenario to themselves.  (Of course, the whole Law of Attraction thing seems to explain this in metaphysical ways, but I'm not going to go into all of that.)

I'd still like to hear Manaki himself give his version of events and explain himself as to why he was obsessed with a thirteen yr old girl and just had to meet her,   but at least he waited until she was of age to have a relationship with her, at least I hope so.

But I feel so sad for them both, but especially Venus. But she has come out and talked about it at last so hopefully people will stop asking her about him now.  I hope she can now move forward from this and look after herself well and be her own best friend.

Posted

If all of this is true, I wonder if Taylor knew anything about this tbh and if so, how much

Posted

Ugh. Possible incoming unpopular opinion(s):

1. My mother is an alcoholic with a slew of mental illnesses (including, but not limited to PTSD from a troubled childhood, BPD or Borderline) and refuses to go to therapy. Watching Venus is honestly like watching my mother. My mother tends to be "push and pull" with people and will tell you one moment that someone is great and amazing and in the next that this person is an abusive asshole (and has lied about this). 

What am I trying to say? As much as I want to believe that Venus isn't lying, I have to take it with a grain of salt. Sorry, but when someone is as mentally unstable as her and based on my personal experience living with someone who is similar (from what I can see via the internet), I think it's unacceptable to jump to conclusions without evidence, without researching the situation further. Abuse is a major allegation and should not be taken lightly. But Venus has lied in the past. I don't trust her. I think she has ulterior motives. I'm not saying I don't believe her, but c'mon...

2. She needs to get help. Proper help. But she won't get it herself if she stays in the situation where she is now.

3. Many people have fucked up childhoods, but get help or learn how to cope, etc... Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy. Everyone is always so "Im so worried!!" And then a week later "she seems to be doing better!" And then she pulls a stunt because she's unstable and/or for attention and then it's "Im so worried!" All over again. Maybe I'm more rigid and bitter because my childhood was also messed up, but I mean at some point, you need to get your shit together. I of course hope hop gets better and understand it's not easy, but this isn't how you can sustainably go through life. And it makes me facepalm whenever people fall into her cycle of "woe me, Im doing better for realz, my life sucks, everything's good" etc etc.

4. If she went back back to Europe, namely Germany, she'd need to go to school as others have said. But she doesn't want that life. She doesn't work as a cashier at Lidl for the rest of her life scanning cheese and apples for old grannies. 

Venus is a major facepalm for me. Look, she makes this video and knows people will talk. And see how many pages have been filled now within just 24 hours...

Posted

i feel like people here would normally be a little supportive of this video, especially if it was a cathartic moment for her.

actually most youtubers who make videos like this usually receive a ton of support

but since recently shes been telling others to stop bringing up manaki, and mentioned how she would make her channel more private, and how her therapist most likely recommended her to keep her personal life more private, this video and uploading part 2 really isnt the best thing for her right now. I feel like if she REALLY wanted to discuss these things for that emotional release, if she had put the drink away and organized her thoughts and made the video a little more formal instead of how it looks now, it would be way better.

I honestly didn't think she seemed drunk. It's a conundrum. People have been asking about Manaki for so long and annoyed that she won't talk about him, and now she has.... I guess they (we) wanted to hear that they were still together and that everything was ok between them, and it isn't and it is a disappointment to find that confirmed.

Also, mental health problems can cause people to constantly contradict themselves , and even to sometimes appear as though they are drunk or on drugs even when they aren't , if anyone has ever experienced any of Daniel Cilley's ramblings on Youtube, he is totally against drinking and drug taking but , well, words fail me there,  LOL  , but the poor guy is so obviously suffering from some kind of mental condition but a band of followers who can't stop watching , and who some at least care about what happens to him but keep watching out of a kind of horrified fascination and I hope Venus is not heading in the same direction, I don't think she is, I think  she is a long way off that, but it was an extreme example anyway . I think she looks beautiful in the video.