• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6234 posts in this topic

Posted

Is Pedro a troll? :alpacaconfused:

Stuff that he writes seems weirder and weirder to me. Is it actually Venus? 

Posted

It's amazing how many people think her posts are accurate. In every candid pic of her, it's like looking at a different person. And, just to say it, I WISH SHE EMBRACED HER EURO-CENTRIC LOOK.

This pic isn't candid, but (to me) it represents what embracing her natural features looks like. Girl can slay:

Venus%2BAngelic%2BBlack%2BWhite.jpg

Arched eyebrows, round face, prominent nose, and none of that 'aegyo-sal' contour. Not to mention, barely any editing. Holy shit girl. You're stunning when you're not try-harding for the Asian astetic. You need to own your natural look! Stop editing... start being yourself...

I always loved this picture of her :alpacalove:

I'm wondering what kind of haircut she have here

Posted

It's amazing how many people think her posts are accurate. In every candid pic of her, it's like looking at a different person. And, just to say it, I WISH SHE EMBRACED HER EURO-CENTRIC LOOK.

This pic isn't candid, but (to me) it represents what embracing her natural features looks like. Girl can slay:

Venus%2BAngelic%2BBlack%2BWhite.jpg

Arched eyebrows, round face, prominent nose, and none of that 'aegyo-sal' contour. Not to mention, barely any editing. Holy shit girl. You're stunning when you're not try-harding for the Asian astetic. You need to own your natural look! Stop editing... start being yourself...

It's a lovely picture and she looks beautiful but I don't think can be called completely 'natural' as she has very heavy eye make up on, but it is beautiful.

note:  The replies are not displaying properly so I'll try again, but it may be futile.

Posted

@Pedro,
re: The Grandfather
giphy.gif

It's a lovely picture and she looks beautiful but I don't think can be called completely 'natural' as she has very heavy eye make up on

For sure. Not a "natural make-up look". But that's not the point.

She looks unbelievably beautiful, when not trying to look Asian. When she embraces her western face.
When she's not shaving off her eye-brows, (to make them look straight and rectangular.)
When she's not contouring on aegyo-sal, (which makes her western eyes look inflamed, imo.)

When she's not contouring her lips to look thinner, ( ...her lips are not Kylie's, but V. does try to make them look slimmer.)
When she's not wearing circle lenses, (which still happens occasionally.)
When she's not editing, to get the well known "bug-eyes", "egg-head", and "triangle chin."
W
hen she's not using Asian beauty apps to hide her natural features.

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She obviously likes to morph & distort her natural features. And if that floats her boat, hey, more power to her.

Posted

It's a lovely picture and she looks beautiful but I don't think can be called completely 'natural' as she has very heavy eye make up on, but it is beautiful.

note:  The replies are not displaying properly so I'll try again, but it may be futile.

I too had the same problem and I switched to another browser .I was having problems posting with Firefox and switched to Microsoft Edge.

@Pedro,
giphy.gif

She looks unbelievably beautiful, when not trying to look Asian. When she embraces her western face.
When she's not shaving off her eye-brows, (to make them look straight and rectangular.)
When she's not contouring on aegyo-sal, (which makes her western eyes look inflamed, imo.)

When she's not contouring her lips to look thinner, ( ...her lips are not Kylie's, but V. does try to make them look slimmer.)
When she's not wearing circle lenses, (which still happens occasionally.)When she's not editing, to get the well known "bug-eyes", "egg-head", and "triangle chin."
W

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She obviously likes to morph & distort her natural features. And if that floats her boat, hey, more power to her.

Okay, no more Grandfather posts, lol

Posted

Could we stop ganging up on some users here?

Yeah, I definitely see how Pedro's posts sound a bit weird, but it can be a language barrier thing, or the guy might even have some trouble communicating for whatever reason.

Honestly, if I phrased their latest post in a different way, I wouldn't see anything outstandingly creepy about it. We discuss and speculate on other snowflakes' family background all the time (a lot of users are even following the known relatives' accounts*), and some people are new here, so they'll obviously ask about the things they might have missed out on.

I don't see why Venus has to be kept in a hugbox compared to the other flakes as long as she has a thread on this forum.

(* I'm obviously not saying that interfering with their personal life is okay though)

Thank-you

Posted

IMHO, Calling it ganging up is way overblown and more like trying to create a hugbox here than whatever has been said before o.O

Back on topic:

I think Venus looks a lot better when not trying to make herself more Asian, yet at the same time the resemblance to Margo is more noticeable, so I kinda get her trying to erase it. (isn't this pic really old?) 

Posted

@Pedro,
giphy.gif

When she's not wearing circle lenses, (which still happens occasionally.)When she's not editing, to get the well known "bug-eyes", "egg-head", and "triangle chin."
W

I think Venus should do whatever she wants to do with her own pictures and her own appearance. Some of us may not like it, but it is ultimately her own choice. I think she usually looks beautiful whatever look she is going for, whether the Asian or European look; variety is the spice of life and all, (so I'm told). I think also she has naturally slimmer lips and though I cannot see why she would want to make them look even slimmer (to look like the anime characters) is that really any worse than people who artificially inflate their lips to make them look huge. I don't think enormous lips look any better than practically non existent ones yet for far too long, the massive lips have what has been touted as the 'ideal' in Western 'beauty'.

Could we stop ganging up on some users here?

Yeah, I definitely see how Pedro's posts sound a bit weird, but it can be a language barrier thing, or the guy might even have some trouble communicating for whatever reason.

Honestly, if I phrased their latest post in a different way, I wouldn't see anything outstandingly creepy about it. We discuss and speculate on other snowflakes' family background all the time (a lot of users are even following the known relatives' accounts*), and some people are new here, so they'll obviously ask about the things they might have missed out on.

I don't see why Venus has to be kept in a hugbox compared to the other flakes as long as she has a thread on this forum.

(* I'm obviously not saying that interfering with their personal life is okay though)

Agreed.  I thought this was a thread for people to generally discuss Venus and that means asking questions sometimes but for a while now it has seemed like it is difficult to say anything , expressing an opinion or asking a question for fear of upsetting someone who merely has a difference of opinion but cannot stand to see anyone with a different viewpoint to them without feeling the need to jump all over them or try to shut them down, or to pick on someone for merely asking questions and try to make out they are some kind of weirdo.  I didn't see anything wrong with the questions Pedro was asking, and honestly do not understand why it has become an 'issue'. I'd hoped this forum was not cliquey where a favoured few rule and try to silence or freeze out anyone who they decide is not one of the gang, or something.  But I'm quite new here so what do I know? I did read for a bit without just jumping in and posting and it seemed alright here but recently has been getting a bit unpleasant, I hope people will feel free to ask whatever questions they like if they cannot find the answers to them elsewhere and not get jumped on or made to feel 'wrong' for merely having a curiosity and an interest or enthusiasm for Venus, who is, after all, who we are all here to discuss.

Posted

I think Venus should do whatever she wants to do with her own pictures and her own appearance.

I literally said that. 
People can either enhance their natural features, or hide them. Venus likes to hide them. And, because of that, she does not look like her pics, in candid reality.

That's the point. Hope you get it this time!

IMHO, Calling it ganging up is way overblown and more like trying to create a hugbox here than whatever has been said before o.O

Back on topic:

I think Venus looks a lot better when not trying to make herself more Asian, yet at the same time the resemblance to Margo is more noticeable, so I kinda get her trying to erase it. (isn't this pic really old?) 

First: I wish I could thumbs up this post, 5x more. (Lmao!)

Second: It's got to be so hard to look in the mirror, and see the likeness of your own abuser. No wonder Venus is fixated on hiding her features & looking Asian. If I were in her shoes, aging and turning into Mommy Dearest would drive me to drink... (And you're right... she does look more and more like Margo, every passing year.)

And yeah, that pic is super old! Not sure how old though. 
She was probably what? 15??? 
Hell. Maggot probably took that pic.

Posted (edited)

Some users need to chill a bit over here.

I don't know what's wrong about talking about her grandfather if he's posting public posts about Venus? Last time I checked Lolcow they were talking extensively about him without problem. Maybe the problem here became when somebody contacted him. Of course that's really wrong, specially to talk about Venus, but to talk about him and his posts here seems pretty normal to me.

Edited by Lily Sand

Posted

How old were you when it got darker ?  So  some people's hair gets darker but some stay blonde ? How interesting, I never knew this.

It happened gradually, but it was mostly brown when I was maybe 10 years old. Same for my siblings and my dad. Dad has black hair now.

I even knew a half white/polynesian guy who was blonde and had fair skin until he was 10-12 and his hair became black and curly and his skin got a lot darker. He literally looked like he changed race.

I understand why Venus doesn't want to have any contact with her Mother but I don't understand what she has against the entire family ? Is it just because her Mother poisoned her against everyone, or is there a valid reason ?

She wasn't brought up with them, she doesn't know them. They live in a different culture on the other side of the world where she literally doesn't know anyone. They're essentially strangers who happen to share some genes. We don't know where Margo got her abusive ideas from, the rest of the family could be just as abusive.

Venus has A LOT to deal with both mental health and career-wise. Maybe there will be a time for her to reconnect with family members, but that time is not now.

Posted (edited)

Maybe the problem here became when somebody contacted him. 

Yeah, that's a problem.

Some people (newer members who aren't familiar with PULL's stance) are more likely to violate privacy. Re-visiting these old speculations has a chance of opening that door.
And, personally, he's a boring topic anyway. He keeps getting brought up, because V got more private, and people have nothing new to discuss.
EDIT: That's not to say people should be censored. By all means, kick a dead horse. But don't be alarmed when others are bored of it.

Edited by BitchPlox
(in the post)