• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

3200 posts in this topic

Posted

How about you all stop derailing the thread? 

…Also can you all stop shoving therapy down people's throats? Such a decision like many others through life is only good and benefical when people are aware of needing it. 

Nothing works with the lack of will . No matter how many people mean "good" to anybody telling them to go to therapy it won't work unless they have the will to go and the will to get help through therapy .

Remember it's a personal decision. 

Posted

How about you all stop derailing the thread? 

…Also can you all stop shoving therapy down people's throats? Such a decision like many others through life is only good and benefical when people are aware of needing it. 

Nothing works with the lack of will . No matter how many people mean "good" to anybody telling them to go to therapy it won't work unless they have the will to go and the will to get help through therapy .

Remember it's a personal decision. 

how can you say stop derailing the thread and then continue to derail the thread? lets just stop talking about therapy unless venus brings it up. 

Posted

So anyway...

Venus didn't want to answer questions about Manaki/their relationship on the livestream so I guess the "they broke up"-theory is back on the table...

But she did answer a question like "would you have a threesome with Manaki and another girl" with "no, but I bet Manaki would want that" in a joking manner, so at least she seemed happy to mention him. So if they broke up she sure doesn't seem to be sad about it.

Posted

I just wonder how long the Malice crap will last. 100% sure she'll eventually hit that point once again where she feels like "This is not me. I don't want this anymore".

This is so true. When people watch VTubers, they watch a character, a consistent personality. Real people don't work like that. Real people grow and change. Now Venus is saying "Malice is me" and I think if she's using Malice as an outlet for her less conventional personality traits, eventually she might grow out of them and Malice's character will become inconsistent. Will she stop doing Malice then and create a new character, or will she try to make people enjoy a character that's.. "Real". People like Kizuna Ai bc she's like she is.. If she turned into a more Kaguya Luna-like character for example, she would lose fans. But real people sometimes work that way.

Posted

4. Remember #2? About the therapy? It is presumed from this friend that she didn't even get a proper diagnosis from the psychiatrist because her friend asked for proof to try and recommend a different psychiatrist but she always brushes it off. When asked about her BPD directly, she will avoid talking about it because she does not have a majority of the symptoms. This friend kind of "tested" her on it but she always said "-but" "oh it's because"  to try and justify that she really does have BPD. People what you all see on the computer, those 8-10 minutes is not the real Venus. 

THIS. Thank you for this. Really.

Posted

i was following her since 2012... now when years are scrolled, and now specially when she says she will stop filming her self, its so nostalgic look back her old videos, its like ” back in good old times” lol

Posted

I just don't understand what could've gone wrong in venus' life? She was so happy and free after she run away from the abuse .her videos were becoming more popular and the content was becoming more interesting . I know she was abused and been through shit but why is it showing now after she ran away and her life became better?

Posted

I just don't understand what could've gone wrong in venus' life? She was so happy and free after she run away from the abuse .her videos were becoming more popular and the content was becoming more interesting . I know she was abused and been through shit but why is it showing now after she ran away and her life became better?

At this point it's of course just speculation. But mental illness is a complex thing. And like a lot of other conditions: at first it has to get worse in order for it to get better (at least that applies when you're getting treatments). I know it's the case for my skin condition. Not sure what the english equivalent is, but it's fairly common in Germany. When I'm stressed, it's bad but when I get treatment, it gets a lot worse.

Same with "normal" illnesses, right? When you're having a stressful time, your body is fine, most likely. After you can breathe again, you suddenly become ill because your body didn't have the time to recover. It could be a bit like that ... But then again: speculation.

Posted

Mental illness can appear from the nowhere (without mind if you were abused or not) and therapy not always help to the condition sometimes it gets worse. And the "Venus was happy and stable once she ran away from margo" it's not true, even when she was with margo ,she was suffering from mental illness is just that they didn't appear until after a while ,like i said mental illness can appear anytime 

Posted

People can relapse and/or experience delayed responses to trauma, too. It might be that Venus genuinely felt happy and relieved when she first got away from her mother, but the more she processed and thought through what happened to her, the more her mental health started to suffer. 

Posted

I don’t think Venus has ever really been stable or happy sadly, even after getting away from Maggot. One of the biggest indicators of that was the fact she went and got that terrible illegal surgery (essentially just a mutilation) after escaping to Japan. She was still struggling in a lot of ways and clearly wasn't in a good place mentally.

Posted (edited)

People can relapse and/or experience delayed responses to trauma, too. It might be that Venus genuinely felt happy and relieved when she first got away from her mother, but the more she processed and thought through what happened to her, the more her mental health started to suffer. 

I'm a Psych Minor, so this stuff is my passion, and you hit the nail on the head. You have a really good point- there are stages to recovering from trauma. To sum-up, they are:

1. Safety
  2. Grief & Remembrance
  3. Integration

Venus clearly got through stage 1 (at least on a physical level), when she escaped Margo and established her life w/ Mana. I have no clue what she's going through now, though.

EDIT:
Nvm. about that "physical safety during stage 1" thing... as @AnarchyStocking reminded, Venus did put herself in physical danger with the surgery. ugh.... poor Venus. 

Edited by BitchPlox
(reason in the post)

Posted (edited)

It takes YEARS to deal with trauma. Even if your life is better, there are still scars in physical, mental and emotional form. It's common to feel guilty about not enjoying your life fully if you're not in a bad situation anymore, but it can't be helped. 

Edited by kiwi

Posted

She married him for the visa and barely knew him.  

a few pages ago, a user wrote that manaki's family do not talk to her anymore bc they think she has used him. could be that they realized she only married him for a visa and now where she is able to apply for pr in japan she (probably) left him. if it is true then i can understand the anger toward venus. 

i know, till venus has nothing confirmed everything is just speculated but i also think they are not together anymore and she just hide it (for a while) bc she does not want that everyone will say: "you married him for visa"