• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

3706 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, after Venus/Malice's last video I was curious to know more about this company that helped her become a VTubber.

I went to her "About" section and found out a new e-mail listed: [email protected]

malice1.thumb.jpg.1551ac80a0d2f32cb8d6cb

I was curious so I Googled it, and found out it was related to a VTubbers talent agency ( https://www.cbinsights.com/company/laetia ). I believe this is the company that is currently employing her.

malice2.thumb.jpg.b3d171033fe483472d47c1

Prior to that, back when Malice was born it was as part of another project of an agency named WINKS, which no longer exists and, hence, the group of VTubers was disbanded. The VTubers where given free control over their avatars. Some member kept doing videos for a while, but Venus/Malice is the only one that remains active (there is another VTuber who was active up until a month ago, when she stepped down for health reasons). Venus/Malice seems to now be under the management of an former WINKS member, Takuya Ishikawa (maybe he works at Laetia?), although I couldn't find anything about him.

malice3.thumb.jpg.0b1a5de412c08bd2b56fc1malice4.thumb.jpg.07754dba5c54da096c64c3

So, yeah... I think this is just another Venus failed attempt to become relevant (again).

Edited by Jellyfish

Posted

I wonder if she's getting paid to do this? Since her channel would eventually die because she doesn't want to make videos as Venus anymore maybe she was convinced by the person she's collaborating with or she took the decision to move all this Malice thing to her original channel since she was not going to use it as Venus anyway and it already had a large amount of subscribers. I'm also wondering if she's the one animating and editing the videos or she just gives the voice and personality to the character and leaves the rest to this person.

Posted

I wonder if she's getting paid to do this? Since her channel would eventually die because she doesn't want to make videos as Venus anymore maybe she was convinced by the person she's collaborating with or she took the decision to move all this Malice thing to her original channel since she was not going to use it as Venus anyway and it already had a large amount of subscribers. I'm also wondering if she's the one animating and editing the videos or she just gives the voice and personality to the character and leaves the rest to this person.

I think it she is using a program, like Facerigh or something similar. I believe all VTubbers were given the software, so when the company broke they just allowed them to keep the program (as a compensation maybe?). Hence, why it looks so glitchy as it is trying to responding/imitate Venus' real gestures (which we know from previous videos that she does a lot -like the winky eye she uses sarcastically). 

I don't think she is paid as much as she is paying someone to maybe help her manage her image and/or help her create more outfits/backgrounds for her Vpersona. She mentioned at some point during the video that she hopes to eventually use more clothes and settings, so perhaps she is paying this person to give her a new wardrobe and scenery. I doubt she is getting paid. I think she just really thinks this might be the future of Youtubbing and is trying to get ahead of the game using her Venus reputation to get noticed.

Posted

So this post is in response to her most recently deleted IG post. Not gonna repost it, it's been posted on this site several times now. Just scroll back if ya didn't catch it. :)

Venus has a love / hate relationship with her status as a Public Figure. I think it's an issue, and part of her overall trauma. She does not know how to heal from her past, while remaining in the public eye. She loves social media when her stans and fans validate her, but she hates it when critics or trolls interact. (I mean it's the internet... can't have one without the other.) She loves and needs the money, but she hates the stress of balancing her public and private life... (a basic and necessary skill for her career.) She loves the prospect of connecting with people, but she hates the pressure of social interaction. (So much so, that she's admitted to liking a secluded dark room over company.)

This is cognitive dissonance. The stuff that rips apart even the most mature, self assured, and accomplished. The kind of stuff that makes shrinks see other shrinks. Not that all shrinks are even close to sane, but you catch my drift.

If she's gonna battle BPD or Manic Depression, or ANYTHING, she could benefit greatly from having a sense of self. An identity. Formed offline, ofc, and not shaped to get pay, connect, or feel validated.
She needs validation FROM HERSELF.
She needs to connect WITH HERSELF.
And she is so capable of finding a good job, where she can say good-bye to us (as sad as it'd be) and hello to mental health. Cuz no tea, no shade... but the Public Eye is clearly not good for her health right now. (Again, reference her most recently deleted IG post if you disagree. It's pretty shocking. She's been dramatic in the past, but it came off as sheer apathy. Apathy is scary shit...)
I genuinely hope she gets well. I don't think she can walk this tightrope balancing act of "getting better" and "being a star". Like, I really think it's come to the point where she has to choose one or the other. Health, or stardom. And even stardom seems like a sinking ship... 

Tldr: Even if she has reasons to love the spotlight, it clearly does not love her back. I hope she makes good choices, asap.

Posted (edited)

@Jellyfish -- thank you for all of that research. Very helpful. 

For the discussion about therapy, I just have to laugh that someone  -- who is witnessing a once vibrant, social woman talk about how she just wants to lock herself in a dark room and do nothing all day. . and who also has said many times she has a severe mental illness. Severe enough that she had her digestive organs permanently mutilated. And who also was raised and abused for most of her childhood by a psychotic woman  -- would say that "therapy is not the answer". That is a TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE of someone who should be in therapy.  For life. Even if it takes mowing through 20 different therapists until she finds the right one, makes a connection, and can have that healthy professional relationship for life. 

Edited by Big Boner

Posted

Someone posted that she might not actually have BPD, but tbh it seems to fit. Even if she isn't a 100% fit to all symptoms she seems to have manic and depressive episodes.

The livestream was... interesting (though I haven't checked out all of it yet). She claims this was the plan all along and Venus will still make videos. But her instagram post made it seem like this was the end for Venus and all about Malice from now on... I feel like she just changed her mind when people complained...

Posted

@Rose forever
When people hold different opinions than yours, they are not necessarily negative. They are just different.
Aside from that, your anecdotal narrative does not provide actual evidence to back up your opinions on Japanese Healthcare- be it preventative medicine, or any type of therapy.
To me, suicide is the epitome of mental instability. Argue that if you may, but this is not about Philosophy. This is about Venus, and cold facts.
I am picking suicide rates to argue that Japan Healthcare may not be as preferred as you've said. This data is of 2019 - Source: World Population Review. (link goes to the Suicide Rate by Country data.) Japan ranks #14, out of 176 countries, as of 2019, with a rate of 18.5 per 100k. 14..... Want more concerning facts?

• "Among those between 15 and 39, suicide has been the dominant cause of death since 2012." (2017) source: The Japan Times (5th paragraph.)
  • This rate is higher than it's ever been, in 30 years. (2018) source: CNN
  • In fact, overall suicide rates are starting to decrease, BUT the % has increased for young people around the age of 19. (2019) source: Nippon.com

So... what does this all mean? Even if the suicide rates are lowering in Japan, they are increasing for people around Venus's age... and Japan is still high on the list in general. That, paired with the fact that Venus has expressed wanting to kill herself, does not lead me to think that she is "a misunderstood creative person." She's obviously ill, made cries for help, and continues to go downhill. She is incapable of healing by herself, or she'd have done it by now.She needs help. Professional help.

On a personal note ( and please understand I am not trying to be hurtful): Your negative experiences with therapy are not hers. I understand it is easy to project. I genuinely think you want what's best for Venus, based on your personal experiences. But coloring all therapy red, due to your individual point of view, is both inaccurate and dangerous. Especially for people like Venus.

Posted

@RoseForever 

I'm really sorry thay you had such a bad experience with your psychiatrists or psicologists, they can make a mistake on their diagnose but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't seek mental health professionals or any kind of help when they need it. 

There are problems that might be solved easily on your own but bpd is delicate and you definitely should seek for help and find someone that you feel comfortable with and that will find the right medication for you.

Let's not spread lies about mental health specially on a forum where a lot of people read and seek for opinions.

The problem with therapy in japan is that therapy it's not covered by insurance unless you go with a psychiatrist, and even then insurance won't cover more than 35%. 

People would go to therapy if they had access to it.

Posted

Can we also remember personality disorders aren't easily diagnosed?

Also doctors can have issues of their own, a doctor is still a doctor whether they have a personality disorder or a mood disorder or something else.

They're some of the hardest disorders to diagnose. If anyone is second-guessing their diagnosis you can always see a second doctor.

Posted

Not to mention, many people with severe mental health issues get misdiagnosed many times before finally getting the right one.

Posted

Tbh I found her going to therapy kinda sketchy. Maybe I’m just ignorant but I was under the impression that there were next to no therapists in Japan, and the ones that do exist are far behind therapists in other countries. I figured if she was seeing a therapist they wouldn’t be able to help much. I can see why Venus would think therapy is pointless since she was raised by a mom who very much needs therapy but never tried to better her mental health (I’m assuming). Mental illness is a cycle and somewhere it needs to be broken and I hope Venus can break the cycle and not end up like her mother. Therapy and medication isn’t a cure but it’s needed to help recover for sure 

Posted (edited)

Someone's lowkey putting themselves on a high pedestal for not receiving therapy and glamorizing Japan for it's fucked up mentality towards mental diseases /cough

@Poutine I was thinking the same all the time as well.

Especially after reading an article about eating disorders in Japan last year (Wish I had the link rn). Patients have to wait year's until they receive therapy. Also the writer of the article talked to a student of a well known medicine school and they said they're 1 of 12 who specialize on therapy.

When the whole I'm all open about my mental illness now era started it didn't take her too long to come up with "receiving therapy now". I thought it happened way too fast...

I just wonder how long the Malice crap will last. 100% sure she'll eventually hit that point once again where she feels like "This is not me. I don't want this anymore".

Also I'm pretty sure fans are scared off by her attitude now, it's like watching someone going insane and you can't do shit at all. It's indeed frightening.

Edited by namachoco

Posted (edited)

Venu has stans, fans, critics, haters, and trolls. 
The stans are the worst. They enable her current lifestyle by unconditionally supporting her. She could decide to chop off one of her legs, and they'd talk about how the word "disabled" is triggering. 
Haters would at least call out her BS. And meanwhile... yeah: Her legitimate fans are saying "audios." 
Pretty self destructive. Gotta wonder if it's totally unintentional.

Edited by BitchPlox
grammar