• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

3200 posts in this topic

Posted

God at this point I just want to reach out to her and hold her. This whole situation is messed up her mother messed her up, now she is the saddest person ever , someone mentioned earlier that she might need to go back to switzerland and I can only agree to that. Yes she loves Japan and japanese culture and kawaii stuff and she always wished to have the life she is having now after escaping her mother's abus but now what? I think it was all an allusion: We have all at some point in our lives wished to have something so bad and dreamed about it only to for it to turn out not exactly how we expected it to be .Japan isn't the right place for her. She is not and will never be happy over there. Idk if she has some loving family members back home but if this is the case then she really needs to concider leaving all this behind her and start a new chapter in her life.

She has nothing in Switzerland though. Her father's side has been absent her whole life as far as we know, they were country-hopping every few years, and her mother made sure that she could only rely on her and limited her interactions with everyone else.

Her only ties are to her friends in Japan and Manaki and his family. Even if mental health care is not the best over there, I see no reason to leave that all behind.

Posted

She has nothing in Switzerland though. Her father's side has been absent her whole life as far as we know, they were country-hopping every few years, and her mother made sure that she could only rely on her and limited her interactions with everyone else.

Her only ties are to her friends in Japan and Manaki and his family. Even if mental health care is not the best over there, I see no reason to leave that all behind.

She has an aunt in Switzerland (her mother’s younger sister) whom she hasn’t seen in person since her mother moved them away when Venus was 8 or 9 years old but she’s been following Venus online and would love to meet Venus and be part of her life. She’s been trying to get in touch ever since Venus ran away but Venus ignores her. 

Posted

I do feel so sorry for Venus. I can't imagine what she is going through mental health wise but I don't think what she is doing is healthy. I worry she will try and push her supportive circle away. I feel like in time she will push Manaki and her friends away and she will be lonely. And Japan isn't good for treating mental health so I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't being treated properly.

I think there is a part of her that wants to quit being on the Internet because she knows it takes a toll on her mental health. However if she disconnects what does she have? Her whole life has been on the internet and that is all she has ever known. So maybe this Jabberwocky character is a way for her to connect online without having to show the real Venus? Either way it won't end well for her and she knows her subs will decline rapidly.

I do wonder about her living situation. I assume she is still living with Manaki but I wonder if this is taking a toll on him too. He was already stressed with the whole surgery scenario. 

Posted

Didn't she say that her dream is to be the first tuber in Japan to get the diamond play button? Trying to do that on a channel that already has tons of subscribers seems cheap.

Posted (edited)

but pulling off this Malice thing leaves them confused and angry as this is not what they signed up for?

I am not angry and most of her viewers aren't. Most just say they wish her luck but this isn't their type of content. Some people react too emotional if it comes YTs, idols, celebs,..etc. I am totaly against this attitude you owe your fans much. You create something and if people like it they can support it and if not well then do not. People mix the line with strangers and real social contacts too much.

I have the unpopular opinion her move putting both channels together wasn't that bad because her Malice channel would never be big. But with mixing both channels she may attracts some of her old viewers and if is is only 10% - 20% and at least receive a bit more clicks what could be a benefit getting more known for people who are interested in V-tubers BUT she needs a good character and channel concept! 

And that is in my opinion the main reason why the whole Malice v-tube project is not going to be a success. The character concept is bad, the animation is not good and she doesn't seem to have a proper concept at all. Building up a proper V-ytube career seems more difficult as only being a vlogger. She should have invest in a proper coaching.

But maybe it is good for her if she fails to some extent and realise she should find something outside of YT if she already doesn't have. We don't know in the end.

Edited by Veeja

Posted (edited)

I thought that Venus was a little more mature than this.

Venus, I understand the feeling of wanting to isolate oneself because you feel stressed out or awkward when reaching out / hanging out with people. You know that it’s good for you and what you need, but you don’t want to bother because you have to go through some uncomfortableness before you get used to being more social. It takes time and you have to suck it up if you want to make progress towards getting better.

But being completely isolated is the LAST thing Venus needs right now. Especially because she’s talking about committing suicide via specific methods that she clearly googled.

I of course understand that everyone is different when it comes to mental illness. But I truly believe that in her case, she should not be alone. I don’t mean she can never have any privacy, or relax in her room alone. I just think it’s extremely unhealthy and unproductive for her to sit alone in the dark all day, everyday. With no contact.

Stepping out of one’s comfort zone is the first step to positive change. But sticking with it is how you truly start to make a difference 

its not really about being mature, she has bpd and she's definitely having a manic episode. at this point, it honestly sounds like clinging onto this hikikomori trend going on thats been displayed cutely in anime but in reality it will just make her suffer more. she needs proper medical help and medication. shes become a danger to herself and honestly should probably be checked-in to get help because at this rate it just seems like shes shutting off any interaction with anyone

Edited by custard

Posted

I feel quite bad for her, she’s in a country that is known to have poor procedures in place for mental health because it’s still so taboo. She must feel so isolated and helpless :(

Posted (edited)

Nobody posted this but looking forward to her/Malice live on 14th.

EDIT: the old copy/paste i had of ther ig story announcing the live isn't up anymore apparently. Well anyway, she announced she'd do a live on 14th 11PM JST. (She wrote it as 23PM but that means 11PM right)

EDITEDIT: Sorry, didn't notice, AnarchyStocking!

Edited by product

Posted

Nobody posted this but looking forward to her/Malice live on 14th.

EDIT: the old copy/paste i had of ther ig story announcing the live isn't up anymore apparently. Well anyway, she announced she'd do a live on 14th 11PM JST. (She wrote it as 23PM but that means 11PM right)

I posted a screenshot in the thread about her videos :)

Posted

She's never once mentioned another job at all, ever. Never even mentioned applying for a job. Never even mentioned looking for a job. Obviously she does not have another job,

We don't know if she has a job or not, there is nothing that says she has to talk about this online. We also don't know what her financial situation is like, how much money she has been spending or saving. She could be, and probably is, doing just fine in that department.

and if she did she would be too busy with it to make an idiotic cartoon version of herself taking a dump on her fans.

Also does not follow. There are 168 hours in a week, If she slept 9 hours a day (63 hours/week), and worked 40 hours a week, that would still leave 65 hours/week, even if you cut that in half due to random things that cut into time, like cooking/transportation/hygiene you'd still have 32.5 hours/week left which is quite superfluous. With that kind of time I could model my own 3d avatar and have most of the scripting done for it in the first week.

You sound like you are clueless with no concept of reality.  Venus is either an asshole or she's having a massive mental health breakdown or both. Anyone who can't see that has an IQ of 20. 

There are more possibilities than that. Maybe she genuinely believes Vtubers are a new trend that's going to catch on and that she'll be on the cutting edge of the new trend. Maybe she's simply tired of doing youtube in the way that she's been doing it and wants to try something completely new with a large number of viewers so she can get a lot of feedback. I mean asshole really? Of those discussed on PULL alone she wouldn't make the top 10 'assholes'.

I mean clearly at least so far this hasn't been a good route for subs and views, but that doesn't mean she owes anyone any content. Her channel is free. *We* aren't paying her a dime. If we were then maybe we could complain about services not rendered. Otherwise such a sense of entitlement is misplaced.

Posted (edited)

LOOK at how Malice would appear if she were real !! Yikes .... ha ha

realMALICE.thumb.PNG.30b1661fa0d25f29c3d

Maybe she wants her channel to fail , or she doesn't care if her channel fails .. Maybe since she was robbed of a part of her youth she wants to try to experience a normal ( anime influenced ) life .... regardless I hope she gets better .

Edited by gsapple
posted TWICE whoops

Posted

I mean clearly at least so far this hasn't been a good route for subs and views, but that doesn't mean she owes anyone any content. Her channel is free. *We* aren't paying her a dime.

You  . . you don't understand how YouTube works, do you? 

Posted (edited)

I guess it's a way of coping. :/

holy.jpg

She clearly said that if it wasn’t for malice her channel would have died. 

She doesn’t like social places or vlogs and would much rather stay in her dark room???

sounds like she’s having a mental break down or a depression episode. 

If that’s the way she feels, it’s no wonder she doesn’t feel like continuing her channel 🤷‍♀️ Just from the crazy stuff she mentioned I can tell she’s not mentally well. Everyone knows you can’t live in your room forever avoiding people and sunlight? Most normal people go to jobs and encounter public/social places. Just because she grew up behind a camera in her room doesn’t mean that’s how life is gonna be forever.

She needs to take a break from the internet for good and focus on her real life and getting mentally better. YouTube used to be a hobby and now it’s a career so no views equals no pay so she’s under s lot of stress not only from YouTube but, marriage and life 🤷‍♀️

Serval years ago if you had told me that Venus would be married in Japan having mental break downs wanting to be stuck in her dark room, avoiding sun light, being socially awkward and hating kids! I would have said no way you are crazy!!! Venus the girl who’s dream was to live in Japan and become some type of Japanese idol/singer/cosplayer/model?? That Venus????? Oh how life turns .... I hope Margo burns in hell for ruining Venus career.

More and more Margo remind me of Dede 

*how Dede took Gypsy further and further away from her father and Margo took Venus country hopping.

*how Dede used Gypsy’s medical condition as a cash cow... and Margo used Venus YouTube channel as cash cow.  

Gypsy became free behind bars and Venus became free but with mental conditions.

Edited by viciousdoll

Posted (edited)

Aw, man. That's really disappointing. It really looks like Venus is taking a huge plunge right now and she's not getting the help she needs. What gives me the impression that she's not learning the skills she needs to combat episodes is that she's listing off things that she's overwhelmed and anxious about and looking at them as "I hate this, don't tell me to change how I feel." Her therapist really should have told her by now that while these things are triggering, she needs to expose herself to get better. Of course it's going to stress you out. That's the whole point. You slowly expose to yourself to things so you get used to them and the stress lessens. If you keep avoiding them, all that's gonna happen is the stress is gonna get worse by avoidance tendencies. 

Like I can understand being more of a quiet and individual person than a group hangout type of person, but this just screams avoidance. 

This is a really sad development. 

Edit: Just to add in, she really needs to expose herself socially as an individual instead of a dependent person (i.e, on Manaki or her channel.) Because it really does look like a majority of her relationships are based on Instagram and YT, even if she is spending private quality time with them. There's always a post about it, and there's rarely hints of people outside of the social influencer world who are her friends. 

Edited by EggyCrisp

Posted (edited)

The internet can be a great support system for someone who's been going through really hard times, but I feel like it just doesn't do good for Venus, because she's made really weird and depressive posts lately (she probably had a lot of meltdowns) and it seems like she doesn't want to listen to people who want to help. Looks like she doesn't even understand that it's not normal to post about depression so openly and that people DO worry about her? I'm really sorry for her, she has to suffer with many problems for the rest of her life thanks to her irresponsible mother, but she can learn how to cope with the issues and have a healthier life, it's not impossible.
These kinds of posts can be very triggering and saddening, Venus doesn't have to suffer alone and be mute about her feelings, but I hope that she'll at least be way more mindful about her writing? And that she won't delete comments "please seek help" or "I wish you the best but you need help asap" and will actually listen to them :alpacadone:

Edited by simply_delusional
grammar and typos