• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

3200 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The thing is, when she’s being Malice she uses a baby voice on top of her english accent and purposely slurrs her words to sound cute. All that achieves, given that we know who’s behind the character, is annoyance and a further disconnection from Malice. But if Venus were to do the videos in japanese, although I understand her baby japanese better than her baby english, she would probably lose even more followers and Malice wouldn’t stand out at all from the rest of the Vtubers. This whole thing is a mess honestly but if it helps her, go off sis.

To top this off, if you look at Malice's old channel, a lot of her japanese commenters seem interested largely because she can speak English. They're interested in using her to learn English in a fun way. How is that at all possible with this kind of slurred, mumbly accent? Iirc she even says in one of her videos, "let's speak English together" or something like that, as if she'd make for a good source to learn English.. Oh no.

Anyway, my two cents on the new video and everything: I don't mind Venus turning a new leaf but the way she's doing it is very blunt, like everyone's been saying. She's not very good at marketing or any kind of "customer service", is she? I feel like a lot of her fame on YouTube just kind of happened out of her "living doll freak factor" and her mom helped her with managing (or did all of it), she never had to learn to sell herself at all. So I guess this is the aftermath.

I like that she explained the whole Venus to Jabberwocky thing though and seemed to make the distinction between her real self and the character more clear. It's good that she explained that Venus is a private person and wants to focus on living her life rather than broadcasting it on YouTube. I don't feel so bad about Jabberwocky as a "side persona" anymore because she clearly stated that it isn't one, it's distinct from Venus. No comment on Jabberwocky's design and such, at least she didn't copy anyone from what I've seen.. I'm sure there's an audience for swirly pig-tailed lolis. I'm also interested in seeing how her 3D model turns out that she mentioned in the video.

Edited by product

Posted

Finally unsubscribed from Venus. I don't mind that she wants to be more private, and I completely understand that she's having a rough time mentally, but I don't think that warrants treating her fans like shit, especially when she completely changed her channel so suddenly. Yeah, your fans are going to be shocked and a bit upset because they didn't follow Malice the virtual YouTuber, they followed Venus the person. You should have expected that.

I don't mind virtual YouTubers and I like the idea of not knowing who's actually behind the avatar, but I don't see how Venus can get that same appeal when her face has been out there for such a long time. Completely ruins a big part of what makes virtual YouTubers stand out imo. Best of luck to her though, I guess. I hope that she finds some happiness in this.

Posted

Yeah the whole “magic” and interesting aspect behind Vtubers is that you don’t know who’s behind the avatar. And most people probably really aren’t concerned with who’s behind it and just enjoy the character (looking at Kizuna Ai). But in the new video when “Malice” is speaking about “her Mom Venus” it was just so weird.... the whole time all I could think was girl YOU are Venus... there is no freakin Malice. It’s Venus. 

Why would she, speaking as her character, even mention her real self??? There’s no mystery, appeal, or immersion (and by immersion I mean there’s no involvement mentally with the character because you know the person behind it, defeating the whole point of being a Vtuber).

Posted (edited)

her voice is so grating to hear, it actually disgusts me in those molly flubberdicky videos idk.

Edited by sand guardian

Posted

She honestly should have just quietly ended her Venus Angelic channel (whether that be just making an Instagram post saying she will no longer be using the channel, or just not uploading) and put her effort into the Malice channel that already existed. 

Malice is always going to be different than normal V Tubers, because we know Venus is behind her. But it makes it way worse to have Malice actually referring the Venus. It destroys the illusion even further. 

can someone explain where the Jabberwocky Malice name came from? I wasn’t around here when it started. I don’t mind Malice as a name, but the Jabberwocky name is stupid imo and doesn’t sound appealing at all. Especially for a kawaii Loli character. 

Posted (edited)

I honestly believe this is just how Venus is IRL. She is now being her genuine self, while hiding from behind a cute anime girl. I am sure in her mind she feels justified because "hey, it is not me it is Malice!". 

She’s going trough the Disney Miley change, from good girl to bad girl for publicity? 

Yikes I wonder how that’s gonna go.... 

honestly I think life is just barely hitting her with the honeymoon way over.

now it’s time to settle and think about real life 🤷‍♀️

Back then she got to live off of YouTube with the help of her mom. 

Now it’s completely up to her, what dicrection does she want to go? 

I think she’s having trouble figuring out what to do next. 

She NEEDS views but isn’t getting as many?

At first I though okay Venus is being honest this her truly her, but those last screenshots of the comments shows a new Venus 🧐

if that’s how she really is then please just drop the good girl dolly forever and do you. 

She might lose followers or gain new ones who knows but the malice thing is just weird? She’s trying to be more private? How’s that gonna work if you live off YouTube?? Maybe she found a real job?

Edited by viciousdoll

Posted

But still, she is not a broadcasting show, she is a person.

That is where you are wrong.  She is a broadcasting show. YouTube is her only job. She is getting paid. YouTube and her subscribers are her employers. If she demonetized her channel and had some other job she did to earn a living, then her channel would simply be a hobby she does for fun. But for now she has to please her employers or she doesn't eat. 

Posted

She’s going trough the Disney Miley change, from good girl to bad girl for publicity? 

Not for publicity, but because she still wants to live off from Youtube (maybe she doesn't know what else she could do?) but she is tired of having to be the good girl that everyone wants/expects her to be (at least, her followers). I think this is Venus' way of saying: "f-- you all! I am tired of dealing with you all. You either accept me at my worst or get out of here". 

Malice is basically an anime girl, and she gets a free pass because of that. I don't know if you've ever seen an anime, but anime girls can be the most terrible girls and as long as they are physically cute it is still considered funny, kawaii and etc., by the other characters AND the audience. I think Venus' idea for Malice is to become that outlet.

There's a video by Mikan in which Venus makes an appearance and you can see for moments that she is not exactly charming and cute -like Venus was (wrongly) known for. I don't think she is going full bad girl, but I can understand she might be tired of having to be nice most time because some people (followers) don't get her dark, sarcastic humor. She might want to bad mouth someone, but as long as she is Venus she can't do so because people (followers) freak out!

I think Malice is just Venus' real self: unapologetic, sarcastic, selfish, etc. Is she bad as her name suggests? Dunno, I guess time will tell.

Posted

She honestly should have just quietly ended her Venus Angelic channel (whether that be just making an Instagram post saying she will no longer be using the channel, or just not uploading) and put her effort into the Malice channel that already existed. 

Malice is always going to be different than normal V Tubers, because we know Venus is behind her. But it makes it way worse to have Malice actually referring the Venus. It destroys the illusion even further. 

Hidden Content

I think the name Jabberwocky came about to make her sound more 'English'?? Since she's supposed to be from England and the Jabberwocky was a poem written by the author of Alice in Wonderland which is from England and Alice and Malice sound similar so maybe that's why she chose it IDK??? It's a pretty bad name IMO.

Posted

My theory is that she is no longer together with Manaki. Why would Manaki have turned shy so suddenly ? She has also told us that big changes have taken place in her life. She has to keep this secret for fear of Japanese imigration

Venus probably planned this in advance. She seems like she wants to distance herself from the internet, not even posting videos of herself on her own channel. For her that is a BIG change. She grew up on youtube. So she told Manaki and he prepared by deleting his own presens so they can both live a more offline-life.

I think eventually she'll get tired of being Malice and either go back to making her own Venus videos, or stop youtube all together.

Posted

Venus probably planned this in advance. She seems like she wants to distance herself from the internet, not even posting videos of herself on her own channel. For her that is a BIG change. She grew up on youtube. So she told Manaki and he prepared by deleting his own presens so they can both live a more offline-life.
I think eventually she'll get tired of being Malice and either go back to making her own Venus videos, or stop youtube all together.

I also wonder if Malice is a joint project with Manaki. Venus could have come up with the concept and design and Manaki may have done the technical part. We know he's skilled with technology, he made a video in which he built a computer. That would explain why Malice has design faults and glitches.

Posted

I also wonder if Malice is a joint project with Manaki. Venus could have come up with the concept and design and Manaki may have done the technical part. We know he's skilled with technology, he made a video in which he built a computer. That would explain why Malice has design faults and glitches.

I don't think it's Manaki, I think Malice has faults and glitches because of the mocap programme that she's using? Even the other Vtubers that were featured on Malice's first channel were glitching out so it's probably just cheap and easy software. Venus is probably using her phone with ARKit or something since it's probably the cheapest? BTW I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, I just asked someone. 

Posted

Can you link me to the video where Manaki built a computer if it isn't too much trouble?