• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

7194 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I wrote her in another posts she should seek for help. She deleted that comment. So I don't really know what she wants, now.

Edited by Sakura30

Posted (edited)

Being an introvert is fine, preferring being alone to being in social events is fine and I think she could make content without having to make vlogs about social events etc. Her channel has mainly been just her in a room doing something anyway. But I guess that's not the real problem, it's that she doesn't want to make videos about herself anymore and I'm fine with that as well.
But she doesn't seem okay, she doesn't seem just introverted. I hope she gets serious help for the social anxiety (? "hanging out with people stresses me/sunlight makes me sluggish"), BPD, and the "I'm not going to change for anyone" mentality - I mean, she's married, you can't be married and not do compromises and try to better yourself together to make the marriage/relationship work in the long run, otherwise you'll drift apart. Also saying that you enjoy being alone with no social contact whilst posting on social media is kind of.. You're still getting social feedback, you know? You're not completely isolated if you spend all your time on the Internet, it's another way to fill your social needs (but also a more anxiety and depression inducing one).

EDIT: I also really wonder what her plan is going forward, if she has one. If she was going to quit her channel anyway (if she didn't bring forth Malice), what would she have done? Where does she get money? I don't know much about Japan's social security system but it doesn't seem like it's very easy to just sit at home in a three-room apartment and get benefits. Is Manaki fine working for the both of them? Does she do something else on the Internet we don't know about (considering how Malice was a thing since 2018 and only a couple of people picked up on it) and get money from that instead?

Edited by product

Posted

She is definitely trying to escape her pain, cope, and sacrifice everything she is to play some youtube idol act. This is not her. 
These things she mentions are not healthy. She obviously is not seeing a doctor or getting help, thinks its ok, and talks about it like her fans should support her lifestyle "choices"... when that is so, so wrong. She needs to want the help and get it, but it seems she thinks she is fine on her own.

Posted

Doesn't she understand that if she made a video saying "I quit youtube, it's not what I want to do anymore" her viewers would be sad but eventually understand, but pulling off this Malice thing leaves them confused and angry as this is not what they signed up for? There are like 100 reasons why saying goodbye to Venus Angelic and doing the Malice thing on another channel would've been better.

The hikikomori lifestyle she described is not healthy at all. It's not normal. People who feel like that need to seek help if they can't get out of that on their own. She sounds like she doesn't even see a problem with that. If she doesn't do anything about it, she'll just spiral down more and more.

Her current state is very worrying. I wonder if she quit therapy or if it's just not working for her and for some reason she doesn't try a different therapist...

For me this is it. I'll only read about her here from time to time and stop following her on social media. It's too depressing. Thanks, I have enough depression for myself already (:

Posted

My theory is that she is no longer together with Manaki. Why would Manaki have turned shy so suddenly ? She has also told us that big changes have taken place in her life. She has to keep this secret for fear of Japanese imigration

Just wanted to point out: Venus is (almost definitely) already a permanent resident at this point. Permanent residency is different to a visa in that she no longer requires a sponsor to stay in Japan (i.e, she can be legally divorced from Mana in a Japanese court of law and stay in Japan without any issue) so I doubt that fear of Japanese immigration is causing her to hide her seperation from Mana.

Posted

I don't know why she doesn't understand that that's not the problem. We don't like the fact that she's doing that on this channel. It comes off rude and as if she's only here for the moneyz. 

Would she have done it on the other channel - no one would have batted an eye.

Posted

Just wanted to point out: Venus is (almost definitely) already a permanent resident at this point. Permanent residency is different to a visa in that she no longer requires a sponsor to stay in Japan (i.e, she can be legally divorced from Mana in a Japanese court of law and stay in Japan without any issue) so I doubt that fear of Japanese immigration is causing her to hide her seperation from Mana.

I don't think Venus has permanent residency. Someone in the Kanadajin3 section said it takes 5+ years of marriage before you can even apply and is more complex for someone with an unusual job. It seems unlikely that Venus would have residency when Miranda doesn't. I guess she would if she really was adopted by Manaki's parent's but Maggot was the source of that information so we don't know if it's true or not. 

Posted

As far as I know, you need to live there for 5+ years or marry someone, but to automatically get the Japanese nationality you need to be married for quite some time (10 + years.)

Or you can be a baby under 5 and then it’s automatic as well. (  ´-`)/ (Automatically as in you don’t need to pay a huge fee and go through extensive paperwork) 

Posted (edited)

I don't think Venus has permanent residency. Someone in the Kanadajin3 section said it takes 5+ years of marriage before you can even apply and is more complex for someone with an unusual job. It seems unlikely that Venus would have residency when Miranda doesn't. I guess she would if she really was adopted by Manaki's parent's but Maggot was the source of that information so we don't know if it's true or not. 

I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with Kanadajin3 or her marriage life, but it certainly doesn't take 5+ years to become a PR on a spouse visa. It takes 3, on two conditions (one official, the other not official but greatly preferred): 1st, to have lived in Japan for at least one year during your 3 years of marriage and 2nd to have a decent income (and pay taxes). I'm not sure how long Kanadajin3 was legally married or their financial situation, but for a regular couple of regular income it takes 3 years. 

As far as I'm aware Mana works in a factory, but even so, if he is a regular 正社員 (contracted full time worker) there and pays his taxes, there's literally 0 logical reason Venus wouldn't be a PR right now. 

As far as I know, you need to live there for 5+ years or marry someone, but to automatically get the Japanese nationality you need to be married for quite some time (10 + years.)

Or you can be a baby under 5 and then it’s automatic as well. (  ´-`)/ (Automatically as in you don’t need to pay a huge fee and go through extensive paperwork) 

This is half correct. I'm definitely not claiming that Venus is a citizen of Japan or holds Japanese nationality, simply that she's a permanent resident. They're similar, but unlike a citizen a PR isn't allowed to vote in elections and can still be legally deported to their country of origin. It usually takes at least 10 years to become a citizen. For people living in Japan on a spouse visa (i.e Venus) it takes only 3 years of marriage to a Japanese citizen and one year of living in Japan to become a PR. 

Edited by petit-oiseau

Posted (edited)

This is half correct. I'm definitely not claiming that Venus is a citizen of Japan or holds Japanese nationality, simply that she's a permanent resident. They're similar, but unlike a citizen a PR isn't allowed to vote in elections and can still be legally deported to their country of origin. It usually takes at least 10 years to become a citizen. For people living in Japan on a spouse visa (i.e Venus) it takes only 3 years of marriage to a Japanese citizen and one year of living in Japan to become a PR. 

I was already confused when I saw a quote notif but didn’t see anything ! 

That’s what I meant when I said automatically, to become a citizen. Sorry for being unclear and wrong! OT but my partner and I had been looking into citizen and nationality matters and we went 10 YEARS? I suppose marriage really is the quicker way out (or in) then!

But I never much a doubted Venus didn’t have recidency

Edited by Ennui
Why is my english so bad

Posted

I thought that Venus was a little more mature than this.

Venus, I understand the feeling of wanting to isolate oneself because you feel stressed out or awkward when reaching out / hanging out with people. You know that it’s good for you and what you need, but you don’t want to bother because you have to go through some uncomfortableness before you get used to being more social. It takes time and you have to suck it up if you want to make progress towards getting better.

But being completely isolated is the LAST thing Venus needs right now. Especially because she’s talking about committing suicide via specific methods that she clearly googled.

I of course understand that everyone is different when it comes to mental illness. But I truly believe that in her case, she should not be alone. I don’t mean she can never have any privacy, or relax in her room alone. I just think it’s extremely unhealthy and unproductive for her to sit alone in the dark all day, everyday. With no contact.

Stepping out of one’s comfort zone is the first step to positive change. But sticking with it is how you truly start to make a difference 

Posted

I mean if youtube really stresses her out and doesn't make her anything else that get her mental health worse then why she just doesn't leave it? she probably thinks that she owes something to her fans and that's why she keep with the youtube channel but when it comes to mental health i think the best is to put yourself as a priority and not the others 

Posted

It's also because I think she feels like she has to continue her channel. She build up something in the years and it's like having a person you can't let go. She feels pressured and maybe it's also because of the money?

I don't know why she is putting up such a show. If she doesn't feel comfortable anymore, then she should take a rest from social media. No need to use that virtual character and scare/worry her fans like that. She might also trigger some fans, who also suffer from depression etc. I get triggered when I meet someone who has the same problems as me. 

Posted

I guess it's a way of coping. :/

holy.jpg

Honestly, I think less people wouldve been upset with her if she just quit because of her mental health reasons, than whatever this clusterfuck is. Has western following - turns channel into Vtuber channel (which isn't popular in western countries) - lashes out at fans who are disappointed or confused. Youtubers quitting isn't new, and it's understandable. But whenever a channel changes completely, it's not gonna be recieved well by the subscribers, since they subscribed for a certain content.

Also, as a person who is and has been living the life she described for years since I have a diagnosed schizo-something disorder (not giving my full diagnosis for privacy reasons), she seems to still enjoy hanging out with friends even if it's just every once in a while, and that's perfectly fine. Instagram is the evidence, even if it's just photos of her she will sometimes tag her friends that were with her or took the photos. If she truly felt this way, she wouldn't meet people - period. You can be an introvert and still enjoy hanging out with a few friends every once in a while, but don't describe literal insanity for boohoo-points since that's not how you function. Living this way isn't fun. 

Posted

God at this point I just want to reach out to her and hold her. This whole situation is messed up her mother messed her up, now she is the saddest person ever , someone mentioned earlier that she might need to go back to switzerland and I can only agree to that. Yes she loves Japan and japanese culture and kawaii stuff and she always wished to have the life she is having now after escaping her mother's abus but now what? I think it was all an allusion: We have all at some point in our lives wished to have something so bad and dreamed about it only to for it to turn out not exactly how we expected it to be .Japan isn't the right place for her. She is not and will never be happy over there. Idk if she has some loving family members back home but if this is the case then she really needs to concider leaving all this behind her and start a new chapter in her life.