• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

3586 posts in this topic

Posted

Well... if being lesbian for her equals to have mental illnesses there's definitely something wrong there. I hope she can work it out and learn to accept herself. I understand is a very hard and long process but hopefully she will be able to make it with the support of her friends. 

I saw another comment where someone asked about Manaki and Venus said "my hamster ate him" i chuckled lol but it makes me wonder... if she's gay... will she remain married to Manaki to keep her spouse visa? Is Manaki alright with that? What about his family... and most importantly... IF Japanese government finds out... Venus will definitely be in risk of being deported.

I don’t think she’s equaling gay and mental illness at all. They’re separate statements. More like “so on top of having mental illness I’m also gay.” Like, her life just got even more complicated because let’s face it, while the world has gotten more accepting of homosexuality for sure, we are still a very far ways away of it being 100% accepted. And Japan is still conservative compared to other places so she just knows how life is going to be doubly complicated for her now. 

I think I read a few pages back that someone said she’s been married to Manaki for over 3 years so now she’s a naturalized citizen and doesn’t need a spousal visa.

But we’ll see I guess!

Posted

Well... if being lesbian for her equals to have mental illnesses there's definitely something wrong there. I hope she can work it out and learn to accept herself. I understand is a very hard and long process but hopefully she will be able to make it with the support of her friends. 

I saw another comment where someone asked about Manaki and Venus said "my hamster ate him" i chuckled lol but it makes me wonder... if she's gay... will she remain married to Manaki to keep her spouse visa? Is Manaki alright with that? What about his family... and most importantly... IF Japanese government finds out... Venus will definitely be in risk of being deported.

She doesn't see it as a mental illness, she know she is lesbian BUT she still have a mental illness. 

I don't know anything about psychotic people but maybe if she refers to that she might think she is psycho ?

Posted

i don't think she was being serious in the comment about being gay and mental illness. Her humour is edgy and knowing her it was jsut a poor joke.

I thought it was a joke too but reading the comments she’s responding to them with confirmation that she likes girls. One of them (unfortunately don’t have a screenshot) she’s being asked how she knew and she very seriously says something like “I don’t know, it’s just a feeling I’ve always had and it took a long time to accept it” (paraphrasing). I think she’s serious. Plus she does know better than to joke about that.

Posted

I don’t think she’s equaling gay and mental illness at all. They’re separate statements. More like “so on top of having mental illness I’m also gay.” Like, her life just got even more complicated because let’s face it, while the world has gotten more accepting of homosexuality for sure, we are still a very far ways away of it being 100% accepted. And Japan is still conservative compared to other places so she just knows how life is going to be doubly complicated for her now. 

I think I read a few pages back that someone said she’s been married to Manaki for over 3 years so now she’s a naturalized citizen and doesn’t need a spousal visa.

But we’ll see I guess!

ah! That's right. I misread, sorry.

About the naturalized citizen I don't think it's that easy, as far as I know from my friends who are married to Japanese husbands or wives, it's a VERY hard and strict process that requires around ten years to happen and it demands to change nationality.

Posted

So I think it's clear, she identify as a lesbian as she say it clearly. People mostly think because a girl still haven't fuck another girl she is not a lesbian. Well as a bisexual, it took me time before having sex with a girl, mostly because as a old fuck there wasn't representation, or opening topic with that, and most of the time some friends said "you just date and kiss you are not bi",I often answered "well then every virgin male or female on this planet are not heterosexual" so point made. (I know you can be asexual and all but reminder it was 2 decades ago)

I feel sad for manaki, but living hiding who you are is the worst, I hope venus will be happy as a lesbian. Hope she don't feel ashamed to have mental illness because of the "why god", maybe just a joke she is use to do.

Here the manaki instagram. IMG_20190224_195749.thumb.jpg.bf4ef6d8ac

Posted

So I think it's clear, she identify as a lesbian as she say it clearly. People mostly think because a girl still haven't fuck another girl she is not a lesbian. Well as a bisexual, it took me time before having sex with a girl, mostly because as a old fuck there wasn't representation, or opening topic with that, and most of the time some friends said "you just date and kiss you are not bi",I often answered "well then every virgin male or female on this planet are not heterosexual" so point made. (I know you can be asexual and all but reminder it was 2 decades ago)

I feel sad for manaki, but living hiding who you are is the worst, I hope venus will be happy as a lesbian. Hope she don't feel ashamed to have mental illness because of the "why god", maybe just a joke she is use to do.

Here the manaki instagram. IMG_20190224_195749.thumb.jpg.bf4ef6d8ac

I also feel bad for Manaki because he clearly cares for her. But wouldn’t it be outstanding if he came out as gay too? Now that’d be something! Then no one gets hurt! 😂 

Posted

Yeah, I think Minako Okada is her tsusho too. Minako is Sailor Venus' name, so it makes sense why she chose that as her Japanese name.

And well it's not just a Japanese thing

It's like Asians adopting an "English name" so that people don't struggle as much with it. Like I have a Vietnamese friend, her real name is Thuy-Vi, but most of her friends can't say it right so she chose the name Lilly.

I believe someone has said the kanji for "Venus" can also be read as "Minako" hence why she chose the name.

The psycho part was what she meant about having a mental illness, not her being gay.

Posted (edited)

i don't think she was being serious in the comment about being gay and mental illness. Her humour is edgy and knowing her it was jsut a poor joke.

Nah, she gay.

She's pretty clear about it and when someone asked how and when she found out that she was a lesbian, and thought she had a man, she answered that it was too difficult to explain in one message. I'm guessing she'll make a video about being a lesbian.

Edited by Avidya

Posted

I KNEW IT! :alpacalove:

She mentioned before that she was probably bisexual, but since she said she's gay, I'm sure it means that she's into girls exclusively. Would make sense, she said before she liked Manaki because of his feminine side. She married young, had her own room in their flat and tbh she wouldn't be the first lesbian who was with a guy before. ^^

I hope she's gonna find herself and I also hope she's gonna make a video about it, idk I'm nosy. :'D

Posted

I can't wait to watch a video of Venus talking about her sexuality. Her journey must be so interesting and it'll clear up any fights in her insta comments and any cries of "but weren't u married!! What about mana!!" 

Posted

You know what else I was thinking; not that anyone needs a reason to be depressed, but it makes a whole lot of sense that besides her psycho mother that a lot of her depression might’ve been rooted in denying her sexuality. I have many family and friends who say their darkest times are from when they were still in denial or in the closet about their sexuality. That after coming out and owning who they were, their depression lifted significantly and they had never been happier. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an incredibly new and happier side of Venus now that she’s accepted who she is. A metamorphosis is a-comin’!

Posted (edited)

But we’ll see I guess!

if that's true and she is a naturalized citizen what a coincidence she "came out/likes girls." 

Almost like saying "I can come out now, I got what I wanted" ouchhh..... But Something tells me deep down she knew she was attracted to girls, but sadly you cant get a visa from marrying a girl so obviously she had to pick a man... And she picked the most feminine looking one.

I knew something was wrong right there... Sorry..... If you're straight you wouldn't go for girly looking dude, you would like the manly ones y'know what im saying ;) wink wink ;)

Then again maybe he knew all along and he was trying to help her out because if they stayed together this long they gotta have some type of feelings for each other even if it's just friendly feelings. Well I hope they both find happiness even if it's not with each other.

Edited by viciousdoll

Posted

She's trolling, hard. Someone asked what happened to Manaki and she said her hamster ate him. Are we all gonna mourn him now?

She's just playing a character. Yawn. 

Posted (edited)

I don't know about visas but I usually watch vlogs of a mexican girl married to a japanese, and after 10 years married, with 2 kids and living in Japan she still has to renovate her visa every 3 years or so, otherwise she can get kicked of Japan.

She still doesn't have the rights to live permanent in Japan after 10 years living there+married. So idk how Venus would be able to live in Japan forever just after being married for 3 years and then divorce... maybe they have different things.

Anyway, I feel bad for Manaki because I always saw he had feelings for Venus.

Edited by Kissy