• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6218 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm confused why isn't she spending time with Mika or other girls she posted photos or videos with who also seem to be her friends? 

Posted

I'm confused why isn't she spending time with Mika or other girls she posted photos or videos with who also seem to be her friends? 

I don't know if Venus and Mikan really hang out any more? They still seem friendly with each other online but I get the vibe that Mikan doesn't really see much of her friends now that she has a boyfriend, plus she studies and has a job so she's probably super busy. I wonder if that's what Venus is struggling with in terms of feeling lonely - maybe most of her friends don't have the time to see her around this time of year? I know I have a similar problem - being in your 20s sucks like that.

Posted

Looks like Taylor has gone to visit Venus.

Screenshot_20190211-194455_Instagram.jpg

Posted (edited)

I think someone has already mentioned that maybe it's because Mikan is very skinny and this could be triggering. Mikan also made a video where she explained why she's so thin and she also said "If you're struggling with weight, please don't watch this video" and she also doesn't tell anybody what her weight is so people won't use this as their goal weight (thought it was pretty cool tbh). I feel like Mikan just doesn't want to make Venus feel worse but idk tho it's just an assumption 

Edited by Krystal
Forgot a word lol

Posted

When it specifically comes to Mikan, I'm going to throw out a theory- which should not be taken too seriously and if it has been debunked, I welcome being shot down haha 
I remember being VERY annoyed at Venus' fans running to Mikan and demanding she go take care of Venus every time the latter showed worrying signs of her depression on insta. I completely get how powerless and upsetting it is to see someone you like, so far away from you, seem to be in trouble and not be able to do anything. Mikan seemed, from the little we glean on instagram stories, a nice friend who was there for Venus, but this constant dependent beck-and-call we saw from her fans would probably annoy and tire anyone. 

If I had been in that situation, I would put in some distance from that friend; it's not Venus' fault at all, and she is being a freaking trooper by getting help and solving her deep issues. But I'd want some room after all that. 

Posted

I don't think they have broke up but even if they ever do I think Manaki would still remain an important person in her life. He was there for her through her darkest days and someone like that is rare in anyone's life. No matter what you think of their relationship, or whether you think they're better as friends, you can't deny how damn good Manaki has been for Venus in caring for her.

Posted

I don't think she split from Manaki, but even if she did, it is entirely possible that his parents would still send her birthday gifts and be kind to her. His mother nursed her back to health after her abomination of a surgery in South Korea, so I could see her saying "No matter what happens with you and my son, I'll be here for you." 

Posted

Really happy for Venus to have such a good friend like Taylor but what did she do to her face...?

7A8C4701-278E-497D-A406-0A2E18D0AA5D.jpeg

She shopped the hell out of it or put some filter because taylors pic is not as freaky.

20190212_133653.jpg

Posted

Girl wut...

F7567C4E-9D7C-4DEC-9F6C-A80F9D3C5C7B.jpeg

Posted

Girl wut...

F7567C4E-9D7C-4DEC-9F6C-A80F9D3C5C7B.jpeg

dayum... why would she do that tho? she looks perfectly fine in Taylor's picture??

Posted

IDk if anyone has brought up this possibility yet but she may have removed his pictures because he work didn't like them being up or thought they could reflect badly on the company. Depending on where he works he may have a contract that says he can't do anything the company doesn't like on publicly available media. even if he doesn't it could be that his boss told him he needed to take it down or be fired and it's really hard to come by a full time job in japan for someone in their age group and it's not worth risking future employment for some insta pics.

Posted

IDk if anyone has brought up this possibility yet but she may have removed his pictures because he work didn't like them being up or thought they could reflect badly on the company. Depending on where he works he may have a contract that says he can't do anything the company doesn't like on publicly available media. even if he doesn't it could be that his boss told him he needed to take it down or be fired and it's really hard to come by a full time job in japan for someone in their age group and it's not worth risking future employment for some insta pics.

This might be a possibility, but if his company were really that strict I think they would have made him take down his YT and instagram. It's really up in the air right now, I guess, until Venus decides she's alright with everyone knowing about what's going on. 

On another note, Venus!!!!:alpacaworry2: That shoop makes her look terrible. She might be self conscious about her nasolabial folds in Taylor's pic. 

Posted

She posted a story today where you can hear Manaki in the background. (At least I‘m pretty sure it‘s him) 

To be honest I think her therapist might have suggested this social media „rinse“? Correct me if I‘m wrong, but doesn‘t Japan value privacy a lot? 

Margo could be a good reason for this as well, from a psychological standpoint. (Or from any standpoint, really :alpacadone:) Maybe it‘s to minimize the feeling of dread and threat by closing certain doors from being peaked on at all. Apart from her own struggles, it must be  hard to see Manaki affected by them. To me this seems, as well as her virtual youtuber videos*, like a part/ product of her therapy (*them maybe being an extreme representation of parts of her online persona?)

(Of course this is all just speculation, and I might be reaching, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Anyways, she seems to have made a lot of progress and I’m so happy for her! I know it’s been said so many times but I’ve rooted for this girl for so long. I’m not even the biggest fan of her content, I just hoped she would “make it”. And I know I might sound a little over enthusiastic here but I really think she did! Of course this isn’t like a level you reach and it’s just gonna be a smooth ride from here, but being at peace with, knowing and ultimately not taking yourself so seriously all the time are a muuch more comfortable vehicle. I‘m so proud of her! 

On another note, her picture with Taylor is actually so confusing. It looks like she contoured her face on  mobile but it just made it look grey/ like a beard :alpacaconfused:

tldr;

go venus, but weird shoop