• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

5768 posts in this topic

Posted

imagine shaving off your eyebrows to commit this kind of crime against humanity.

Screenshot_2018-12-03 (4) Korean Makeup Hacks - YouTube.png

oh nooo venus......sis.........what are you doin...you know i really thought she would stop after her last korean makeup look because some people definitely criticized her for it but i guess that wasn’t enough 👀

Posted

This was already posted in the videos thread but I felt like it belonged here. It gives quite a lot of explanation, which I'm happy with. I hope she is too. 

Screenshot_2018-12-16-10-05-36.png

Posted

So this is the actual reason why she deleted the videos about her surgery/recovery. Well I guess if she feels happier this way we ought to respect her choice. At least I’m glad she gave us some explanations since she had remained silent for quite a while. 

Posted

I've been wondering recently if Venus is still friends with Mikan? I don't think I've seen them interact online or any pictures of them hanging out recently - I know you can't make assumptions about that kind of thing solely based on social media, but given how much they posted about it before, I'm curious. 

I think Mikan moved away because of her "stalker" so she probably lives further away from Venus now. Also Mikan seems absolutely tiny and her body is probably super triggering to Venus, so Venus probably tries to stay away from her now that she's attempting to recover. 

Posted

So this is the actual reason why she deleted the videos about her surgery/recovery. Well I guess if she feels happier this way we ought to respect her choice. At least I’m glad she gave us some explanations since she had remained silent for quite a while. 

While I agree that it is good that she deleted these videos -- is there anyone who archived or saved them? There was important information regarding her loose stomach disease that I wanted to look in on.

Posted

While I agree that it is good that she deleted these videos -- is there anyone who archived or saved them? There was important information regarding her loose stomach disease that I wanted to look in on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUfQOiRsunw 

Posted

I've heard about this girl but never actually watched any of her videos. How can someone have so much drama surrounding her and not go insane...

Posted

I've heard about this girl but never actually watched any of her videos. How can someone have so much drama surrounding her and not go insane...

She has vastly less drama than say, Kanadajin, and that's just one example of many.

Posted

Man when i think this through i end up feeling very bad for Venus :alpacaworry2:.. i mean she finally made her dream come true and she is living in japan  in a cute appartement .she is even married to a japanese guy that she loves , she buys cute things ,famous , pretty ,talented ,has a hobby and actually makes money from it ,like she basically has everything someone with similar interests would wish to have yet she  suffers alone.poor kid . Humans are very complex

Posted

She's been going through some stuff again lately judging from her videos.. I dont think she has adressed anything yet, maybe a vague ig story but she kind of lost her energy and has allegedly said somewhere she wants to appeal more mature? as much as i hated her -hello in 910839 languages- intro, this just makes me feel bad for her

Posted

Is her channel dying? She gets around 50.000 views on videos at best even though she is at 1.7mil subs? Maybe it frustrates her? She was getting alot more views before 

Posted

People watch Venus because she is weird, hyper and cute, some just watch for the *cringe* or hate-watch factor before, now she is just cute and there is no edge to her that made her interesting anymore, plus with how she revealed her mental health issues before, some peeps might feel bad and not watch her anymore, I'm glad she has a goal for her channel's future but maybe it needs polishing? Like the mature factor, I think she needs some collaboration with Japanese Ytubers, idk who but maybe those that does makeup videos? If Venus focuses on beauty products in Japan, I'd be down to watch it in a heart beat, like foundation, sunscreens and all that jazz, I know J-beauty needs some exposure and Venus is young, so maybe younger audience might gravitate towards her more than the typical Jvloggers, I don't know her budget range but just a suggestion anyway, also, she needs to do more subs again

Posted (edited)

What did you mean by mental health issues? Did you mean her ed? Also, she has gained over 100,000 subscribers in the past year and a half or so so I wouldn't say her channel is dying.

I'm not saying her channel is dying, I'm just saying she doesn't provide interesting things in her videos nowadays, her view count are not consistent and it was getting lower before she did makeup videos again, the subs gaining are obviously from her being open to her ED and such ( many are happy for her during those times ), and that's a good thing, but since she's trying to move away from that image ( she either deleted or private those videos where she talks about her depression, recovery etc ), and trying to be more mature and poised but still cute in a way, I thought she could focus on beauty topics since she likes doing makeup in her recent videos, and maybe some collaboration with Japanese beauty Youtubers could help, like Asahi, RinRin or one of the weird and quirky ones like Kisamake, it could be fun and a learning experience for her u know 

This is at the end of the day just my opinion, who knows, maybe Venus will find a way to make her channel views go up again

Edited by Kween of Moderation