• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

4606 posts in this topic

Posted

why do you think i'm saying it's bad or that she shouldn't say that? I'm just pointing out that saying this does not count as being "openly out as bisexual" as was claimed

She said on stage at NärCon in Sweden (on the 28th of July 2018, so before those tweets) that she is bisexual. I was there watching it live. She also said it was the first time she spoke about it publically. So she is openly out as bisexual, but just hasn't used the word "bisexual" online yet.

Also as a side note: this happened during a QnA with her and I'm upset at the person asking what her sexuality is. Like that is just so rude?! To ask such a personal question in a public forum where she can't escape basically forcing her to come out, or lie about it. Might also be why she hasn't said anything online... she might still be uncomfortable with it being publically known.

Posted

Many Youtubers are losing subscribers. I've watched a video concerning Graveyard Girl which would associate that fact with the her videos being pretty much the same within 10 years.

I would bet Venus' fanbase is dropping because of that, and because subscribers grow up and get tired of watching a young adult wearing childish clothing.

I still have hopes Venus will become an elegant woman showing her life in Japan without the toys, the ridiculous clothings, the sutile fan service... she speaks 8 languages, she has the ingredients to make herself more relevant in a good way.

Posted

I'm scared 

Screenshot_20181124-023140_YouTube.jpg

Posted

That was a super bizarre video.

Posted

I think the video might have been a bit better if it was really a tutorial how to achieve such a doll-look for Halloween (as an example)

I have the feeling that Venus is trying to come across as more professional and serious here. I am not sure if she really felt bad while shooting the video or... if she just tried to go for a more realistic image. I sometimes have problems watching her overly excited, chipper personality when it's over the top (like in that weird squishy video), so I have to say that I found the video... kinda refreshing.

I really liked her makeup (I mean, obviously the one in the explaining-parts, not the doll-like one ^^) and her whole styling. Personally I think it suits her so much better than her cute look. Obviously she can wear whatever makes her happy, but I just wanted to point out that she looked stunning with a more mature style.

Btw concerning her relationship with Mana. He posted a picture and she commented this:

venus_comment.thumb.png.3ba094a4db428078

Posted

i just noticed that Venus deleted some pictures off her Instagram because the mature picture of her sitting in a café holding a cup while looking like a businesswoman is gone and I think a few others too.

Posted

I've been wondering recently if Venus is still friends with Mikan? I don't think I've seen them interact online or any pictures of them hanging out recently - I know you can't make assumptions about that kind of thing solely based on social media, but given how much they posted about it before, I'm curious. 

Posted

I've been wondering recently if Venus is still friends with Mikan? I don't think I've seen them interact online or any pictures of them hanging out recently - I know you can't make assumptions about that kind of thing solely based on social media, but given how much they posted about it before, I'm curious. 

I'm not 100% sure what Mikan's instagram handle is, but if it is along the lines of 'you_stole_my_apricot' (something about stealing an apricot) then Venus posted a photo of them both in a mall in her instagram story with the caption "shopping with you_stole_my_apricot !". I remember feeling relieved that she's updating us on her life. She seems to go out with friends still, so her mental health isn't catastrophic yet.

Posted

I'm not 100% sure what Mikan's instagram handle is, but if it is along the lines of 'you_stole_my_apricot' (something about stealing an apricot) then Venus posted a photo of them both in a mall in her instagram story with the caption "shopping with you_stole_my_apricot !". I remember feeling relieved that she's updating us on her life. She seems to go out with friends still, so her mental health isn't catastrophic yet.

i think mikan's handle is mikanmandarin and the apricot girl is a different person

Posted (edited)

she didn't really. Accusing me of "erasing bi people" all you want, but it's just a fact you have to try hard in 2018 to find a straight woman who didn't say something exactly like this when they were 19-21 years old.(edit to clarify: this was all of it. This is all she ever said) edit again - all she said on twitter. someone says below she said it on stage so there you have it

vwn.png

Oh wow I follow her on Twitter but I've never seen these tweets.

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that she's straight. If anything, she sounds like a lesbian to me, because it's common for gay people to say stuff like this before they fully accept themselves (Would she still love Mana the same way if he started acting more masculine? I doubt it tbh). She's probably struggling with her sexuality due to her past experiences with Margo and how much she had to suppress it.

Edited by lei

Posted

Well she could be a gynophile and be attracted to feminine members of both sexes. Its not unheard of

Posted

I'm loseing my shit 

Screenshot_20181203-013428_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-013449_YouTube.jpg

Posted

I'm loseing my shit 

Screenshot_20181203-013428_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-013449_YouTube.jpg

those brows tho! O.o

Posted

imagine shaving off your eyebrows to commit this kind of crime against humanity.

Screenshot_2018-12-03 (4) Korean Makeup Hacks - YouTube.png