General Venus Angelic Thread #3

2584 posts in this topic

Posted

Venus stated in a video that she married Manaki so soon to get her visa and they can be together as a couple, that's why she liked to refer to him as her boyfriend in the beginning. But she didn't pretend it was anything else and that's okay.  
They seem to like each other and I wish her and Manaki happiness!

Posted

No need to be so cynical. 

ok so look, people who date online move to live with each other ALL THE TIME. And a lot of the time, yea, it's an attempt to escape. it can be taken as using, but it is also this magical thing you cynics forgot about called: THE DESIRE TO HELP SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT. and online couple's do it often. 

I know Venus and manaki met in person before, but like it's reasonable to assume they were constantly in contact while Venus was trapped with Margo. So him marrying he to get her in Japan doesn't always have to be viewed as her using him.  

And holy shit--shame on anyone saying she doesn't love him just because she has a preference for girls! I have a preference for spicy food, does that mean I'll never eat sweets? NO! because preference =/= EXCLUSIVE. 

I fucking hate this black and white viewpoint people have towards bi people. I'm a lesbian and it drives me nuts to see people try to force bi people one way or another. there's a reason it's bisexual, people, it's because they like boys AND girls. if Venus's preference changed that, then she wouldn't be bi, she'd be gay--get it? 

Loving someone is not the same as wanting to spend the rest of your life with a person you don't desire. I love all my friends very dearly but if I had to choose to be with them romantically I couldn't. That was my point. And why I said what I said was due to what vibes Venus gives me and how she "reasoned" to us why she loves Manaki. It wasn't about "I love him because he's who he is" but "I love him because he's girly". 

But I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I didn't mean to say "YOU CAN ONLY BE GAY OR STRAIGHT! PICK A SIDE!" and I'm sorry if it came out that way. By no means did I mean it that way. I just found Venus' wording weird. She can be bi, straight, gay or A-sexual or whatever she is, it just sounded weird to me, that's it. I'm sorry.

Posted

I don't see her growing old with him. She is very young still and has a lot to figure out about herself and everything else.

Posted

To me it just sounds as though femininity is a trait Venus finds attractive in people generally, regardless of their actual gender? Which is fine! Let her define her sexuality on her own terms. I'm glad she's reached a point where she can actually talk about this, especially since she didn't even really have friends as a teenager.