• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6945 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's kind of ridiculous to even speculate she's using manaki.

Sexuality is a spectrum, just like how no one is "50% a girl" or "50% a boy" it differs for every person.

I'm happy for her, I think it's also really invalidating when people think you NEED to have date(d) a girl/guy to justify your sexuality.

Lots of bisexual men/women are in straight relationships and even have children.

I honestly love my boyfriend as a bisexual girl myself, he is also very feminine. I think Venus was always trying to come out sorta but she never really knew 'how' 

I know when I was younger I used to always call girls "cute" and "beautiful" when I was younger but my closeted personality didn't really understand you could like both

I got kinda sus when you listen to about how she talks about girls, I'm happy she's come out now, definitely a weight off your shoulders 

Edited by berrroxide

Posted

It's kind of ridiculous to even speculate she's using manaki.

Sexuality is a spectrum, just like how no one is "50% a girl" or "50% a boy" it differs for every person.

I'm happy for her, I think it's also really invalidating when people think you NEED to have date(d) a girl/guy to justify your sexuality.

Lots of bisexual men/women are in straight relationships and even have children.

* I don't think it's ridiculous one bit. Venus wouldn't be the first one using someone to get a green card nor the last one. People have openly discussed about her sexuality for years now that she might actually be lesbian and having Manaki there just doesn't sit well in this picture that Venus portraits to the world. Of course she's only showing us what she wants us to see, but when she's with Mikan or this other girl whose name I can't remember, she's so overly touchy and acting like she's so into them in a romantic way where as with Manaki she's not like that.

* And when she says Manaki is okay for her because she's girly and likes cute things makes me think it's a way of reasoning why she's still with him when she actually prefers girls. It could be a valid reason for Venus but if you like girls then be with girls. She could have said she likes girls but she loves Manaki regards of that or something else, I don't know. It just sounded so much like an excuse and I'm sure Margo is going to attack her for it.

* I didn't notice anyone saying you have to date a girl/boy to justify your sexuality, so I don't know where you are referencing this to. But I can get it. Sexuality is a sensitive subject, it raises emotions and in no way was my intent to hurt anyones feelings. Love is love and there should be enough for everyone. 

TL;DR: My two cents were just that I hope Manaki doesn't get used by Venus, it seems right now this isn't the case so no worries there. Of course things can change and years from now Venus can realize she was lesbian this whole time but her mother's influence still reached her. Who knows, who cares, let's move on before anyones feelings get hurt.

Posted

I think Venus and Manaki's relationship was a little more complicated than just being a green card marriage. In the beginning, as far as Margo was concerned, it was meant to be a green card marriage. However, it seems that Venus and Manaki did have feelings for each other... but the marriage part was fast-tracked by Margo. When Margo realized that the marriage wasn't going to benefit her personally she tried to stop it, but Venus and Manaki managed to get married anyways. Afterwards Margo threatened Venus and tried to sabotage the marriage, insisting that they divorce. The situation became intolerable and finally Venus left to join Manaki. So, my perception is that the marriage was a form of escape, but that they did have affection for each – which they seemed to have built up to be a true relationship.

As far as not showing a lot of affection publicly towards Manaki, one has to remember that public displays of affection are not encouraged in Japan. Most likely Manaki does not feel comfortable showing that on video and Venus is probably respecting that.

Yes that's why it's a green card marriage. I'm not saying they didn't have any feelings for each other. I'm saying if Margo was not an issue I don't think they would have gotten married. That's literally the definition of a green card marriage. It's basically when two people get married out of convenience. 

Posted

Venus stated in a video that she married Manaki so soon to get her visa and they can be together as a couple, that's why she liked to refer to him as her boyfriend in the beginning. But she didn't pretend it was anything else and that's okay.  
They seem to like each other and I wish her and Manaki happiness!

Posted

No need to be so cynical. 

ok so look, people who date online move to live with each other ALL THE TIME. And a lot of the time, yea, it's an attempt to escape. it can be taken as using, but it is also this magical thing you cynics forgot about called: THE DESIRE TO HELP SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT. and online couple's do it often. 

I know Venus and manaki met in person before, but like it's reasonable to assume they were constantly in contact while Venus was trapped with Margo. So him marrying he to get her in Japan doesn't always have to be viewed as her using him.  

And holy shit--shame on anyone saying she doesn't love him just because she has a preference for girls! I have a preference for spicy food, does that mean I'll never eat sweets? NO! because preference =/= EXCLUSIVE. 

I fucking hate this black and white viewpoint people have towards bi people. I'm a lesbian and it drives me nuts to see people try to force bi people one way or another. there's a reason it's bisexual, people, it's because they like boys AND girls. if Venus's preference changed that, then she wouldn't be bi, she'd be gay--get it? 

Loving someone is not the same as wanting to spend the rest of your life with a person you don't desire. I love all my friends very dearly but if I had to choose to be with them romantically I couldn't. That was my point. And why I said what I said was due to what vibes Venus gives me and how she "reasoned" to us why she loves Manaki. It wasn't about "I love him because he's who he is" but "I love him because he's girly". 

But I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I didn't mean to say "YOU CAN ONLY BE GAY OR STRAIGHT! PICK A SIDE!" and I'm sorry if it came out that way. By no means did I mean it that way. I just found Venus' wording weird. She can be bi, straight, gay or A-sexual or whatever she is, it just sounded weird to me, that's it. I'm sorry.

Posted

I don't see her growing old with him. She is very young still and has a lot to figure out about herself and everything else.

Posted

Loving someone is not the same as wanting to spend the rest of your life with a person you don't desire. I love all my friends very dearly but if I had to choose to be with them romantically I couldn't. That was my point. And why I said what I said was due to what vibes Venus gives me and how she "reasoned" to us why she loves Manaki. It wasn't about "I love him because he's who he is" but "I love him because he's girly". 

But I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I didn't mean to say "YOU CAN ONLY BE GAY OR STRAIGHT! PICK A SIDE!" and I'm sorry if it came out that way. By no means did I mean it that way. I just found Venus' wording weird. She can be bi, straight, gay or A-sexual or whatever she is, it just sounded weird to me, that's it. I'm sorry.

I don't think you not wanting to date your friends invalidates Venus and Manakis relationship. I think her wording was a bit defensive because someone said they "felt so bad for Manaki" which is basically saying something like "oh, so you're NOT attracted to Manaki then". Coming out is hard enough, having people question if she actually loves her partner is pretty rude imo.

Posted (edited)

Venus stated in a video that she married Manaki so soon to get her visa and they can be together as a couple, that's why she liked to refer to him as her boyfriend in the beginning. But she didn't pretend it was anything else and that's okay.  
They seem to like each other and I wish her and Manaki happiness!

It sounds so cringy knowing that part of the reason she even married (anyone....) Was for the damn visa.

Yes we all knew Japan is where her heart is blah blah, but damn.... Things could have been so different for her. Her mom fucked up her childhood and till this day Venus is still paying for it. I would have loved to see Venus "date" and take her time y'know... then eventually the "right" person would have came along, but no instead everything was so rushed it makes manaki look like an easy escape goat.

All this falls back on margo if she had actually been a real mom things would be so different for Venus..... I can just imagine if Venus had, had a stable childhood and meet a hometown friend and fell in love she might had not even want to marry a japaense native, like so may different possibilities. 😟 

I believe to an extent she loves him... (For giving her the possibility of change away from her mom, the visa, etc. Venus has many reasons to be thankful to him, but is it true real love?) I guess we will never know, but what we do know is Venus picked manaki over her own birth mother so that's gotta mean something.

Edited by viciousdoll

Posted

I feel weird even reading debates over their relationship. I guess it's because I've been told bad things about my own relationship so much that it wears you down and you start to believe it in time, which ruins everything. People on and off the internet should be allowed to work things out themselves, personally, no one else. Especially when they haven't given any cause for others to believe they are unhappy.