• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic Thread #3

6958 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

But that's exactly what she is - an adult who didn't have a normal childhood. Definitely not a kid. You hit 20, you're no kid anymore. Even if she had arrested development(which she doesn't), she would still be considered an adult. 

Exactly what I meant. Thank you. 

Edited by Seriously

Posted

A while ago we were debating whether Manaki had a sister or not (because Margo was still going on about him being dressed as a girl when young), and I think his cousin got confused for a sister. Just to clarify. 

Screenshot_2018-06-10-09-38-14.png

Posted

9A4E4AA8-AA46-4A9C-B0E3-A5D147792E64.thu

Venus follows this IG account, “KnowGains” It’s all about tips and tricks for losing weight and staying skinny, straight out of the ana playbook. More of their content:

845DBA06-5514-4F56-82F0-6937130CBA29.thu

Just your basic restricting and exercising to minimise calories in and maximise calories burned.

She recently liked this post:

0D458761-205D-441A-B550-38ED0F421B7F.thu

on how to make up for eating a meal out by restricting afterwards. In other words, how to be a bulemic.

Girlfriend still has issues.

Posted

Perhaps I'm terribly ignorant, but to me the account in itself isn't sketchy? it seems to be encouraging a simple CICO diet, which can really be helpful for overweight people who are trying to lose but are not ready to completely cut out pizza, chocolate, etc; it also can help learn what healthier choices are out there, and what are better portion sizes. Calorie counting is famously abused by people with EDs and is a method that preferably should be used with a health professional.

I admit I am a little worried seeing specifically Venus follow it, mostly because she has a history of having trouble controlling and having anxiety over her eating habits. I hope she's doing well. 

Posted

Venus was never going to get over her ED overnight but she is doing MUCH better. This account is nowhere near ana or mia level and if Venus decides to eat healthily to maintain a healthy weight then their isn't too much wrong with that as long as she doesn't start excessively restricting calories or exercising obsessively. It's going to take time for her to fully get over her ED 

Posted

The only thing i'm worried about is that Venus is already very thin, with her current issues i just hope she doesn't use this as a way to get thinner cus this is something that she could be doing. I don't think this is a pro-ana page though, that's like saying any page that helps people lose weight in a safe way is pro-ana. I do wonder though if pages for help with eating disorders/body dysmorphia (if that's how you spell it?) would be of more help as i don't think tips on losing weight/keeping a steady weight would help her at her current weight. I also hope the hospital have provided help with her stomach condition.

Posted

I do not want to add oil to the fire but Venus shows us a lot of her personal life but she still somehow filters what she agrees on showing us. According to ME she definitely suffer from an eating disorder (may it be mental anorexy, bulemia or else...). It is not because she shows us a plate with cake on a pic with her smiling behind that she ate it all. Maybe she just had a bite,maybe she ate it and felt bad/guilty after. According to me, she is not that skinny thanks to eating three times a day. I am litteraly "offended" at how the japanese health system doesnt seem to acknowledge or diagnose people with mental problem (depression,ed...). Everybody may need that kind of help at some point...  I hope the best for her but we somehow never know... The best way to go through ED is to get support, medical and psychological ones are the best (as long as the patient agrees tl seek for help and is not forced or in denial). If she can get support from online people, it is good. I just hope she can be at peace with herself more... and slowly grow stronger and better :)

Posted

Those are normal tips that have always been promoted as a "lose weight without going on a restrictive diet" : like instead of doing Atkins or fasting etc, you can still eat normal food and lose weight slowly and steadily. It's science - you lose weight if you burn more calories than you consume. And it's not harmful - it's actually better to make small changes(taking baby steps) in eating healthier meals and regulating portions than trying a weekly super restrictive diet that will lead to binge and can potentially f*ck up your metabolism.  

Just because pro-ana sites abuse calorie counting, it doesn't make calorie counting itself pro-ana.

By the way, portion control is an essential part for patients suffering from gastroptosis, which Venus said she suffers from. She is probably finally trying to figure out how to stay healthy and slim, especially considering her history of crazy diets and fasting.

Except this is not just any “normal” person following and liking posts from this instagram account, this is someone with such severe body dysmorphia that she travelled to a foreign country to get part of her intestines removed by a well-known shady quack surgeon because she was so obsessed with feeling fat at 90-something pounds. And who has claimed that she’s magically all better now and no longer counts calories...only to go back to restricting calories. So in that context it is concerning.

And these “tips and tricks for losing weight” (filling up on low calorie foods and 0 calorie beverages and restricting/exercising to make up for eating a normal meal out) are right out of the ana/mia playbook. Again not a problem for someone who’s “normal”—but again Venus is not ‘normal.’ And clearly not anywhere near recovered.

Posted

She’s apparently hanging with Natalia Natchan aka Yukapon:

B56A1971-8B62-4A5F-8186-00324A099B1D.thu

thoughts?

Posted

Btw you guys think mikan and venus will stay friends when mikan leaves japan? Or it'll end up like thr kenma friendship? How long is she planning on staying anyways?

Posted

She’s apparently hanging with Natalia Natchan aka Yukapon:

B56A1971-8B62-4A5F-8186-00324A099B1D.thu

thoughts?

Dunno, but I really love that photo (*´˘`*)♡

Posted

I just hope Natalia (Yukapon) doesn't teach her any bad habits, we all know what went down with Yuka (i'll refer to her as Yuka) and then even afterwards she was going out raving, taking drugs and making wierd videos and i don't believe someone can suddenly change who they are. I can see her being a bad influence and in Venus's current condition i can see her being easily led, hopefully not but i don't believe a leopard totally changes their spots! (hopefully i'm wrong)

Posted (edited)

Btw you guys think mikan and venus will stay friends when mikan leaves japan? Or it'll end up like thr kenma friendship? How long is she planning on staying anyways?

Well, Venus is still friends with Taylor (who visits her when she's in Japan), and with Tsuruko too, so if Mikan and Venus are really friends, they will probably keep contact even if they live in different countries. They do hang out often, so it's possible.

On another point, I'm relieved that Natalia/Yukapon doesn't seem to hold a grudge against Venus because Margo leaked that pee video of Yukapon. With the personality that she displayed before, she could have been really nasty to Venus. At least it seems that's not the case.

Edited by papercrane