• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Vaporwave, Sad boys, and PC Music

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I once saw GFOTY open for Animal Collective, she was so awful.

It was so funny though, I was on the barrier with my friend and there was this guy stood next to us that looked typically sadboy/aesthetic-y and he knew ALL of the lyrics to her songs and the rest of the crowd were just like o.O 'wtf is going on' and literally as soon as she finished her 'set' (I seriously find it difficult to call what she did a 'setlist') he walked off! It was so funny you could so tell he had been planted there by her.

Honestly PC music is funny to a degree but not as actual credible music that you would pay money for to see live. Why the hell AC thought her suitable to open their show for them I will never know. 

Posted

I've been listening to Saint Pepsi and Lagune. Night Tempo is also really good 

Posted

Yung Bae makes awesome ones 

okay but this is the JAM tho!!! <333

I once saw GFOTY open for Animal Collective, she was so awful.

It was so funny though, I was on the barrier with my friend and there was this guy stood next to us that looked typically sadboy/aesthetic-y and he knew ALL of the lyrics to her songs and the rest of the crowd were just like o.O 'wtf is going on' and literally as soon as she finished her 'set' (I seriously find it difficult to call what she did a 'setlist') he walked off! It was so funny you could so tell he had been planted there by her.

Honestly PC music is funny to a degree but not as actual credible music that you would pay money for to see live. Why the hell AC thought her suitable to open their show for them I will never know. 

I love PC music but I actually strongly dislike GFOTY lol shes awful 

I would pay money to see Hannah Diamond, A.G. Cook, SOPHIE, or Danny L. Harle live tho. They're amazing imo

Posted

I really enjoy vaporwave as some nice relaxing/doing work music. Because there is not any words half the time it's great for that kind of stuff.
I just jam out with the vaporwave playlist on Spotify by After Eating, amazing and it passes time pretty fast :alpacalove:

Posted

I really enjoy vaporwave as some nice relaxing/doing work music. Because there is not any words half the time it's great for that kind of stuff.
I just jam out with the vaporwave playlist on Spotify by After Eating, amazing and it passes time pretty fast :alpacalove:

A lot of vaporwave artists actually remix old Muzak songs and mixes from the 80s, so I would imagine that kind of thing would be great for boosting productivity!!! :Alpacashocked:

I highly recommend this album~ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs6Y5jjXrA 

Posted

A lot of vaporwave artists actually remix old Muzak songs and mixes from the 80s, so I would imagine that kind of thing would be great for boosting productivity!!! :Alpacashocked:

I highly recommend this album~ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs6Y5jjXrA 

Yessssss, I enjoy this so much :alpacalove: thank you!!!

Posted (edited)

Pop Up! is really good, too.

Edited by M

Posted

Ooh! I didn't think there would be a PC Music/vaporwave thread here:alpacacrush:  

I love Hannah Diamond:x 

Posted

i low-key love this shit. vaporwave just feels good. i hate yung lean and can't listen to him even if you paid me though lol. it has to be something like this lol

I love vaporwave! I don't know really any specific artists other than VHS Logos, and Saint Pepsi. There's a YouTube channel called Artzie Music that hosts alot of vaporwave/aesthetic music created by others:alpacalove:

i love artzie :alpacacrush: i used to have 8tracks but stopped using it because i couldn't get my flop playlists up. pc music is good too, at some level for me. I can't decide if i like it a lot or i like it ironically or i just flat out find it shite? but like, good shite.

i mean really. 

what the hell?

why do i like this? LMAO

Posted

i love anything future funk, its always just so happy even if it's vaporwave thats slow and ambient, it gives me a good feeling and makes me wanna dance lmao

ill listen to whatever artist in future funk, as long as the aesthetic and beat is good

Posted

I like it, though I'm generally not very picky when it comes to music. But I usually listen to it if I need my mind to "cool down" if you know what I mean.

I hope this doesn't sound weird but am I the only one who ever feels kinda "high" when listening to certain songs? I've never done weed or anything so I probably have no say but still :alpacaworry:

Posted

Vaporwave is pretty neat, especially when used in other forms of media (eg. Dan Bell's 'Dead Mall Series' where he walks around America's dead shopping malls and commentates over the music). I also love the art style very much. 

Also, there's a label featuring some vaporwave musicians called 'Da Future' and I quite enjoy their compilations, even if all the music isn't strictly vaporwave.

Aaaaand Yung Lean is amazing! I love the whole 'Sad Boys' movement to death, it's another really cool artform with some pretty great music. My favourite song by him has to be Ginseng Strip 2002.

Posted

I LOVE Vaporwave

I'm usually a person who's into many genres of music

but vaporwave has opened many doors

it has shown me future bass and japanese city pop and lo-fi etc.

I might not watch anime anymore but I still love some japanese music 

the aesthetics are great too it's cool that it takes gif's from 80s and 90s anime I like such as Urusei Yatsura and Creamy Mami

speaking of which 

my favourite vaporwave/future bass artists are

Saint Pepsi

Yung Bae

Moe Shop

Snail's House

MACROSS 82-99

Blank Banshee

and Zen (they did the intro to one of my favourite youtbers Memeulous

(I might be a bit of a weird vaporwave fan because it was one of the main topics I wouldn't shut up about during my first few weeks at the college I go to luckily I don't talk about it as much anymore since half of my classmates don't understand it)

Posted (edited)

I often watch Vaporwave and.. idk how its called tbh. Its mainly japanese remixed songs. My favourite artist is Bigwave ♡

Its nice gaming music imo lol

Edited by platypus

Posted

Does anyone here have any low-fi artist to recommend?