group discussion K-Vloggers General Discussion

954 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Some of you in this thread have major issues! Y’all really watch these people’s EVERY move just to Kiki miserably together about it? Lmao like why? What type of fulfillment do y’all get out of this? You’re still watching their content and giving them views! 

But...aren't you passing just as much judgement with this comment? It's pretty hypocritical. 

Some people are just being realistic, at least, I know I was in my comment so I don't know why you singled mine out. If you become an online personality you have to be prepared for critique online because there's no way to avoid that. Now spreading hate? I don't condone, but from what I've seen no one else has gone that far to give her hatred. There's a difference. 

For critique though, every public figure has been critiqued at some point. No one is exempt from that. And when you're online, you should probably be careful because what you put out there can be used against you. With YouTube specifically, Drama channels, "Everything wrong with--" channels, and even Content Cop are a huge example of that. People now more than ever are able to take what you say and throw it back in your face with screencaps and the like, so in situations like these, why wouldn't Kennie want to be careful with her words and her actions? I think that's a reasonable point to make tbh cause it goes for every YouTuber, not just her. We've seen Youtubers time and time again get "exposed videos" for their behavior and here's the thing....none of those videos have ever used this website to do it...it's all been by their own actions (clips of their videos of them contradicting themselves, their Snapchat rants attacking people, their tweets, etc.), so again, why shouldn't she want to be careful? Did you really not see that she said she dropped someone cause they had a drug problem and called them a bitch? You're getting on us for passing judgement or "making her look bad"...but she is out here doing the same thing. Again. Hypocritical. (Idk how you think her words are ok, if someone has a drug problem then they need help and support and could die without it, so if you wanna support that then that says more about you than me. What If one of her subs were going through a drug related issue and found solace in her videos? How would they feel knowing she dropped someone for that? She could have just lost a subscriber for that kind of thinking alone so again.....for the third time...why wouldn't she be careful? Even if she's not one for drugs, that's her choice and her business, but to put it out there like that in a harsh and judgemental way is pretty hurtful to a subscriber of hers who may be going through that or have someone close to them going through that.) Point is, everyone is flawed, us included. No one here is saying we're perfect. But there's a saying, it's not about what you're called, it's what you answer to. There's a way to handle things, especially when you choose to be on the internet. I'm not saying she shouldn't be upset, but idk how you can honestly imply that no one is ever going to give criticism of her videos in her YouTube career or say how she is as a person. We all only see what YouTubers want us to see, so if someone really is not a good person, you may think how you wish but I'd personally rather know so that I know who I should support. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted (edited)

Edited by lambchopp

Posted (edited)

Exactly^ like...when other influencers perform problematic behavior (Jeffree Star's racist language and bullying, Edward Avila's whitewashing and his recent video, Ricegum's insensitivity to rape and mistreatment of women, etc.) it can get called out on but suddenly when Kennie also poses problematic behavior (generalizing Koreans--which she has done in her videos..twice.) suddenly she can't get called out on it...? 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

here's something that I've learned throughout my glorious years of being a millennial that I think will help a lot of fans swinging through here - your fave can be problematic  

Of all the kvloggers, trust me, I personally thought kendall had by far the best shot at real non-problematic success. She seemed well spoken, well-informed, and like she didn't have ill intentions when it came to talking about Korea. I don't think those 3 things have necessarily changed

BUT she just wilded out all over social media, in front of family, friends, sponsors, potential business partners, and potential employers because someone she knew IRL posted on a gossip site. Her very first response to the situation was to try to discredit the person by calling them a druggie on twitter, let alone whatever happened on instagram. 

Her response almost seems a little bit too defensive don't you think...? A little bit of an inappropriate reaction...? You see where I'm going with this...? 

Learn that these people aren't perfect. You can call people on their bullshit without hating them. You can critique without dragging them

Posted

Are you an asshole too sweetie? If not then you're fine!

what does it take to be considered an asshole?

Posted

I'm really surprised about Kennie. Why do most of the kvloggers turn out to be kboos anyway? :S 

+ In light of all the tea I have proof (taken from her Instagram profile a few months back) of LaLa's real name.  A previous poster also had the same but I can post it here if anyone's stil interested in that. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

+ In light of all the tea I have proof (taken from her Instagram profile a few months back) of LaLa's real name.  A previous poster also had the same but I can post it here if anyone's stil interested in that. :alpacaheadshake:

Latreese? :P I don't think that's a secret. It's been said in other forums.

Edited by Tina

Posted

I didn't watch the live but judging from the summary, she didn't address any of the criticism she got about fetishizing Koreans and how she acts.

Lol cause she knows it's true

Posted

what does it take to be considered an asshole?

Not being rude to people over a platform where the other person can't defend themselves?

Posted

i'm side eyeing those 4 ad breaks.

can confirm she went to yonsei + sogang programs, but they weren't a full semester.

BUT she just wilded out all over social media, in front of family, friends, sponsors, potential business partners, and potential employers because someone she knew IRL posted on a gossip site. Her very first response to the situation was to try to discredit the person by calling them a druggie on twitter, let alone whatever happened on instagram. 

Her response almost seems a little bit too defensive don't you think...? A little bit of an inappropriate reaction...? You see where I'm going with this...? 

Learn that these people aren't perfect. You can call people on their bullshit without hating them. You can critique without dragging them

holy shit this is so true. especially w/ the emphasis on potential sponsors/business deals/etc. it makes your brand look bad & devalue ur brand.

Posted

She did Yonsei Summer program which is like 5 weeks and then the next year did the Sogang summer language program which is like 5 weeks so she spent like 2.3 months in Korea. Its weird because she has gone to korea twice and really was only there for a combined length of 2 months 

Really?! I was interested in her cause I also attended Yonsei (2014), but I stayed for nearly a year (2 semesters). Which I thought she did as well. But if she really only attended for almost 2 1/2 months...that's a lot of stories (or 'stories') for that small duration:alpacadone: ..
But she also went back recently for vacation, if I remember correctly.

I was really rooting for her, cause I genuinely liked her, I personally find her funny, wasn't really into some of her videos (like the Fanfic one) but that's just me. Like someone said in the earlier posts, I gave her the benefit of the doubt with her stories due to the fact that it is Youtube so it sort of has to be exaggerated in order to be captivating for the audience (kind of how comedians tend to do that in a sense..). I stopped really getting into k-pop nearly halfway through my study abroad stay, not sure why I guess it was just something I was only really into in high school. I still listen to new songs every now and again if I personally like it (usually of outside the k-pop genre), which is also why I liked her she has good taste in music (at least the one that she shows in her videos).
Now I'm kind of gloomy at the fact that this is all revealed, I was rooting for someone who I thought would be genuine at least amongst how fake youtube is :alpacaworry2: 

Posted

Korean guys are definitely looking at Kennie because she's tall + she's a foreigner not because she's hot shit lmfao. I get stared at soooo much everyday here, they talk about me in Korean in front of me as well as point at me and I'm Korean. it's not the normal type of stare since guys (and girls actually) will stare at you from top to bottom to see if you're wearing heels or something kinda like how a guy would check out a hot girl. So maybe that's where she got the korean guys want me but this is hilarious to me.  I've always not liked Kennie and this is just more concrete reasons for me to dislike her. To be fair, I also have a lot of weird and funny stories from clubbing in korea just for one summer. A lot of things happened in the same night and definitely could not have been as long as her videos. So she definitely either made up some stories or exaggerated them big time.  

Posted

Really?! I was interested in her cause I also attended Yonsei (2014), but I stayed for nearly a year (2 semesters). Which I thought she did as well. But if she really only attended for almost 2 1/2 months...that's a lot of stories (or 'stories') for that small duration:alpacadone: ..
But she also went back recently for vacation, if I remember correctly.

I was really rooting for her, cause I genuinely liked her, I personally find her funny, wasn't really into some of her videos (like the Fanfic one) but that's just me. Like someone said in the earlier posts, I gave her the benefit of the doubt with her stories due to the fact that it is Youtube so it sort of has to be exaggerated in order to be captivating for the audience (kind of how comedians tend to do that in a sense..). I stopped really getting into k-pop nearly halfway through my study abroad stay, not sure why I guess it was just something I was only really into in high school. I still listen to new songs every now and again if I personally like it (usually of outside the k-pop genre), which is also why I liked her she has good taste in music (at least the one that she shows in her videos).
Now I'm kind of gloomy at the fact that this is all revealed, I was rooting for someone who I thought would be genuine at least amongst how fake youtube is :alpacaworry2: 

She attended Yonsei in Summer 2016 for around 2-ish months for the summer program. I know she went back recently but I don't think it was for any long/extended period of time.

This reminds me of that Mean Girls quote, "we were all rooting for you!" lmao

As someone who is her friend, it all surprised me too & I'm just disappointed more than anything tbh.

Posted (edited)

Korean guys are definitely looking at Kennie because she's tall + she's a foreigner not because she's hot shit lmfao. I get stared at soooo much everyday here, they talk about me in Korean in front of me as well as point at me and I'm Korean. it's not the normal type of stare since guys (and girls actually) will stare at you from top to bottom to see if you're wearing heels or something kinda like how a guy would check out a hot girl. So maybe that's where she got the korean guys want me but this is hilarious to me.  I've always not liked Kennie and this is just more concrete reasons for me to dislike her. To be fair, I also have a lot of weird and funny stories from clubbing in korea just for one summer. A lot of things happened in the same night and definitely could not have been as long as her videos. So she definitely either made up some stories or exaggerated them big time.  

I was thinking the same thing. Not that she's not pretty, cause she is, but more than most likely they're staring at you because you're 6ft tall, have a more built stature, and you're brown (a foreigner). Not because they want to hook up with you. She sticks out like a sore thumb in a place like Korea contrary to all the dainty, petite, pale women there.She's the literal opposite. 

Everything that has been revealed about her definitely kinda "tainted" the image I had of her. She seemed real and likeable than other Kbeauty youtubers but I guess not. Some points that those people made about her, just from being subscribed to her for nearly 2 years, seems as if they'd be true. Which if they are, is very sad. She never talks about black issues and when she does, she skims over the problems as if it bothers her to talk about them. After what, 5 years(?) of having her channel, no one ever knew she had a sister? A few of her story times do seem exaggerated as well just to make them more entertaining than they probably were. Esp her last one of her ending up staying the night in Lotte Castle or whatever. 

It's unfortunate cause she was one of the few I actually liked but I can't seem to watch her the same way after this. & I understand that favs can be problematic or whatever but she seems like a hypocrite and tries way too hard to give off that vibe of "Oh I'm an asshole! I don't care about anything!!" vibe when she really does

Edited by 9ptnina

Posted (edited)

She's going off again on live 💀

Kennie: *gains over 400 followers after her rant yesterday* "I hope I didn't gain all these followers because of my little rant yesterday...people love messes and I'm not going to be that person."

*someone comments asking about yesterday*

Kennie: *starts going into detail about Karen and Jaxon* 

And apparenty we're all friendless, jobless people who have nothing better to do than yap our gums on the internet. xD

I'm paraphrasing but this is some of the things she said. Be prepared to have trolls come through here and try to drag us.

But as a side note, Kendall should really learn how to manage her emotions especially since she's a public figure. People talk, whether in real life or over the internet. You don't need to respond to everything and if you do, you need to go about it in a professional manner. 

And if you read this Kennie, I hope you don't go and trash talk me to your followers too. 💀😅😂 Learn how to take constructive criticism and if you still don't care...

YOU DO YOU BOO! 👏

Edited by oops
spelling