group discussion K-Vloggers General Discussion

926 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by jenga

Posted

By Kennie are you all referring to Kennie JD? because I have some excellent tea to provide 

Do spill :) 

Posted

By Kennie are you all referring to Kennie JD? because I have some excellent tea to provide 

oh hello yes, i'd love more tea. do you know her too?

Posted

This is some messy ass tea.

Its literally overflowing out of the cup of shame.

Posted

This is some messy ass tea.

Its literally overflowing out of the cup of shame.

I have tea on this girl too. 😪😪

She's dumb to think no one would call her out.

Posted

omg thank you @Disour! i'm glad i'm not the only one who has experience w/ her. i wasn't as close but what you posted really goes to show how she truly is.

Posted

I have tea on this girl too. 😪😪

She's dumb to think no one would call her out.

And I have been enjoying these flavours. Do share yours. 😊

Posted (edited)

Honestly with all this being said about her, no wonder I felt uncomfortable from her last video. The fact that she found it funny that a Korean guy derived his stage name from his "travels in Kenya" instead of finding that on the offensive side makes me really side-eye her. 

I'm not surprised at all that she fetishizes Korean guys considering her storytime videos. The fact that practically all of them surround her getting "hit on by odd Korean guys" and hardly anything else just speaks for itself. 

(Also...and this is hella nitpicky. I know. I. Know. But I really wish she knew how to actually install and style a wig properly before uploading a tutorial on how to do that. When I saw that one video I was just like...girl..no..you really gonna have people out here with improperly styled wigs if they watch this. Stop.)

EDIT: I just saw @DoItForTheCulture's post, read it, and after all these shares of tea I can confidently say that I don't see myself supporting her.

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

Wow. The part with her sister was pretty sad. Hell the beginning was sad too. :/

She really needs some self reflection.

Posted

Damn I can't handle all the self internalized hate. This is why I can't stand koreaboos who are too obsessed with Koreans but hate their own culture. Also the whole hating on Korean Americans is disgusting and something I deal with too often. Just because I was born in the U.S. that means I'm less Korean.... ??? 

I always had a feeling just from watching one video that there was something I didn't like about her. Nice to see my intuitions were right but they're worse than I thought. SO upsetting that she denounces her sister like that. 

Posted

Damn I can't handle all the self internalized hate. This is why I can't stand koreaboos who are too obsessed with Koreans but hate their own culture. Also the whole hating on Korean Americans is disgusting and something I deal with too often. Just because I was born in the U.S. that means I'm less Korean.... ??? 

I always had a feeling just from watching one video that there was something I didn't like about her. Nice to see my intuitions were right but they're worse than I thought. SO upsetting that she denounces her sister like that. 

honestly i couldn't put it better myself.

just reading that post like... wow. i'm not surprised in the slightest, i'm just more disappointed than anything. i figured there was something up w/ her but i didn't think it was all of that.

Posted

How is her korean? i feel like I have a higher bar for what constitutes speaking a language than a lot of people so when yall say she speaks it I'm imagining some high level, especially because she live(d?) there

Posted

she going off on live now lmao