• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Has your music taste changed?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I hear about how our music taste may change or not over the years. Mine has. I used to be into heavy metal a lot, but now I listen to a lot of folk sounding or new age music. I still will occasionally listen to metal here and there, but not like before. Has your music taste changed?

Posted

Yes totally, and I am positive that happens to everyone. I used to like all pop music, then I switched to exclusively to heavy metal, rock and punk. Now I just listen to whatever I feel like, or what I like without making myself listen to one or a few genres.

Posted

Alot... or more.. it kinda changed back? I used to listen to alternative stuff like green day and panic at the disco when I was younger (also some radio pop stuff). Then it changed to k-pop. And now I'm back with alternative and metal lol. But I enjoy other kinds of music aswell sometimes, like drum and base or even dubstep. 

Posted

I definitely expanded a lot as of late, back when I was younger I listened to mostly video game music and barely knew of any actual artists because all my parents listened to was Mexican banda music, and though I still tend to lean towards electronic type music thanks to video games I've gotten into more rock, rap, funky, pop type music. 

Posted

yes it has as i was younger i was listening to more alternative/indie things(even though i always like dance/pop music)and for a while i've been listening to kpop and lately vaporwave/future funk and i really dig kawaii metal too

but in general i listen to whatever as long as it's good to my ears

Posted

I remember when I was a teenager I fixated so much on listening to one type of music out of fear of looking like a poser (I know so dumb!). Now I listen to whatever. There are still some genres I can't stand, but I listen to whatever sounds good.

It seems that most of us on this thread just listen to a variety of music. I guess that is something that happens as we get older.

Posted

I used to listen to pop all the time when I was younger, like 10 or 11, but now I've started listening to electronic music in general more (mainly weird genres like vaporwave/vaportrap and witch house, stuff like that) and have kiiinda been getting into metal as well, probably because my parents have been listening to metal for the grand majority of the time I've been alive.

I've also noticed that I've been listening to a lot of Japanese music from the 70's 80's and 90's recently for whatever reason.

Posted

I listened when I was 13-15 to K-Pop and now I listen to Pop :]

Posted

Oh yeah my tastes have changed a lot. 

90s alt -> goth -> metal -> hair metal/glam -> jrock -> kpop

(I still listen to all of the above but that's more or less the progression)

Posted

I didn't really have a music taste for a good portion of my early childhood because I just didn't bother searching for anything different than the stuff my parents played and I grew up listening to (Bush, Nirvana, The Cure, Third Eye Blind, Gorillaz, Chevelle, The Cranberries, Alice in Chains etc. mostly alt rock which is still nostalgic for me and I listen to a little bit from time to time) The first type of music I actually started exploring by myself was liquid dnb and dubstep like the really wubby shit which I think influenced my current music taste a whole lot. Started delving more into noise / subgenres of electronic and punk as I got a little bit older and mostly now I just look for really dark and heavy distorted melodic stuff. It's really hard to describe music that I really like because my taste is so vast but generally I like anything that's really powerful emotionally or just amazingly composed. Still look around classic dnb but mostly my electronic tastes revolve around noise, idm and breakcore, and electronic music is what I listen to most often these days. Stuff like Nero's Day at Disneyland (my favorite artist, good blend of breakcore and punk) Venetian snares, Electromeca, Igorrr, Aphex Twin, Machine Girl, Chris Clark... Not too big of a fan of lyrics that are to the point unless it's done extremely well, typically I like slurred vocals that you can't understand with metaphorical lyrics idk maybe im fake deep. This is kind of getting to be too long a response but the point is that as I get older I just get better at recognizing music that I really like, and it's not exactly bound by genre even if I mostly listen to a couple genres currently. But, what I look for in music hasn't changed at all for 4+ years, I'm just getting better at finding what I'm looking for.

Posted

i've had so many music phrases!

radio alternative/punk (5/6th grade) > industrial and symphonic metal > jpop and jrock (8th grade?) > post hardcore/warped tour bands (8-10th grade) > kpop > british indie and folk > emo revival and topshelf records

now i just listen to a mix of everything, but right now it's mostly future electronic and kpop.

Posted

Oh yeah, definitely. I used to listen to a lot more of what was played on the Billboard Top 100 and such, so a lot of pop and rap. Nothing wrong with that. I still like that type of music, but as time progressed, I started to listen to more classic rock and more new wave synthy 80s pop sort of stuff. The sort of stuff my parents would play all the time when I was little, y'know? 

Posted

I used to only listened to Kpop. Now I mainly listen to rock n roll (Elvis and The Monkees are my favorites) and jpop

Posted

Oh yeah, definitely. I used to listen to a lot more of what was played on the Billboard Top 100 and such, so a lot of pop and rap. Nothing wrong with that. I still like that type of music, but as time progressed, I started to listen to more classic rock and more new wave synthy 80s pop sort of stuff. The sort of stuff my parents would play all the time when I was little, y'know? 

That's so funny, I'm almost the exact opposite. I refused to listen to top 100 pop/rap as a teen, it was all David Bowie and 80s stuff and alt rock. Now I listen to radio crap a lot more often, and almost never the stuff I listened to as a teen. I still love it, but I also know all the words to Zayn's Pillow Talk, y'know?.

Posted

That's so funny, I'm almost the exact opposite. I refused to listen to top 100 pop/rap as a teen, it was all David Bowie and 80s stuff and alt rock. Now I listen to radio crap a lot more often, and almost never the stuff I listened to as a teen. I still love it, but I also know all the words to Zayn's Pillow Talk, y'know?.

I don't really like that song. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but it felt like he was trying too hard to be different and unique and it didn't really work.