• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

ChoNunMigookSaram/Megan Bowen

1474 posts in this topic

Posted

Like i know its her bestie and all but I could reallyyyyyy do with less Carson in her vids/insta. Her face/personality is so jarring...lol

Posted

I'm sorry but I wasn't feeling that wedding "production" at all. Moon even went so far as to say all the people made his mind shut down. Like I have been to "cultural" tradition weddings before, but that what Megan had looked like some weird National Geographic special.  She even says to someone on camera it's gonna be on KBS! Like who are you doing this for even? I mean I understand putting her life on display has become like her job and I'm sure she was comped plenty for featuring certain vendors and such. However, COME ON? That is like the most important day next to your actual birth into the world, you first kid and then death. Why make such a production like that? I didn't see any genuine affection or joy between her and Moon and the only "excitement" and "happiness" seemed to be over the cameras being there and all those outsiders (aka fans) fawning over her. That was hands down the most uncomfortable wedding video I've ever seen. I wanna say maybe it was just for her Youtube channel, but even if it was you'd think she'd want a better memory of that day.

Posted

At first looking at her wedding video I was like 'oooh really good documentary-level quality it's nice!' but then I heard her say 'it's the KBS camera' so...? Her wedding was filmed by KBS? Is this like the entertainer version of a sponsored wedding?

Posted

At first looking at her wedding video I was like 'oooh really good documentary-level quality it's nice!' but then I heard her say 'it's the KBS camera' so...? Her wedding was filmed by KBS? Is this like the entertainer version of a sponsored wedding?

I think it is.

Posted

When she said something like "it's a reality show camera don't act ratchet" to her friends I thought hmmm no wonder the wedding feels somewhat too show like.. The explanations during the wedding could have been done in her voice over.. I guess free weddings are all the rage these days 

Posted

When she said something like "it's a reality show camera don't act ratchet" to her friends I thought hmmm no wonder the wedding feels somewhat too show like.. The explanations during the wedding could have been done in her voice over.. I guess free weddings are all the rage these days 

I'm not sure if her wedding was free. In one of her Insta stories she was talking about how a major stresser was trying to budget and pay for everything with their wedding and that's why she had been absent from youtube for a bit. 

Posted

I'm not sure if her wedding was free. In one of her Insta stories she was talking about how a major stresser was trying to budget and pay for everything with their wedding and that's why she had been absent from youtube for a bit. 

Should have said #spon

Posted

I just watched the video--it was nice, and well edited. Butttttt I really wish she had given a bit of a disclaimer cuz like so many comments were like "Wow!!!! Korean weddings are so dramatic/intense!!!!!" or "Wowwwww I didn't know Korean weddings were complicated like Indian weddings lol"

Maybe it's a dumb thing to harp on but like....this is by no means a normal event. I have never, ever, ever heard of someone doing this in this fashion--the closest is My Korean Husband who got married in a tourist attraction because you can experience a "traditional" Korean wedding (aka traditional 100 yrs ago) but it's free. Most Koreans don't even do pyebaek, they just do the standard 30min ceremony, 1hr buffet hotel wedding. Like, this isn't even traditional in the sense that it is tradition to do it now! It WAS tradition, like a century+ ago. Idk it just seemed really odd and misleading to me to kind of subtly characterize this as traditional when it's pretty much something most Koreans would only see in movies nowadays.

Also, I feel like she may have paid for certain aspects herself....but not everything, so it makes sense she could've received money but still been stressing about finances. In Korean weddings, if the parents are traditional there can be a lot of expenses--buying hanboks for the PIL, exchanging groom and bride gifts, exchanging PIL gifts....and depending on if the parents are picky they can want designer goods (I know someone who just experienced this sadly). Then there's also the honeymoon aspect. But in my opinion, there's no way she would've paid for this kind of wedding on her own without some help from the production company because 1. they're all up in her face, so I feel like if they're that obstructive they def would've compensated her for it so she wouldn't be mad pissed and 2. this is just not the kind of wedding you would decide to throw on your own--even if you were in Korea and married to a Korean man and loved Korean culture. If this had been at a traditional site in Korea aka outdoors, I could've imagined she saw the actors and wanted to recreate it...but this kind of thing is just so unusual, I've never even seen or conceived of it before. I really feel like, because she's been on TV the production company heard she was getting married and were like "Hey, we have this great idea to do an indoors modern/updated, intricate "traditional" Korean wedding--we'll help you organize it and fund the entertainment all you have to pay for is the food" or something like that, which honestly would be a great deal--you get an interesting wedding, help with paying for it, and excellent cinematography services to document your day. Win-win

Posted (edited)

Korean weddings are paid off by the guests

The reason why so many people are invited is to get the $$$. There's different amounts people give depending on the relationship with the bride/groom and status. The gift money is used to pay off the wedding itself, and rest is divided up between the parents/bride/groom. 

My fiance is Korean and we're thinking about doing a traditional wedding too, but at a hanok (outdoor korean house) which is the usual. Typically traditional weddings are at hanoks but Meg's wedding was on the hottest day of Korea so yea. It was interesting to see an indoor traditional wedding though... i never seen that lol. 

There really isn't much to it since the wedding venue decorates everything for you and does most of the work. If you do it at a wedding hall you just choose your themed room lol. And in traditional weddings, dancers/musicians come with the package.

Edited by Athena

Posted

in my culture , the guests also pay off the wedding + bring pretty expensive gifts 

if it's the same in Korea, I guess she doesn't really need to worry about the budget but yeah , it's hard to come up with so much bucks before you get gifts from guests

Posted

In her new video with in-laws her hubby doesn’t look very comfortable. 

Posted

In her new video with in-laws her hubby doesn’t look very comfortable. 

I'm not really 100% sure if he's uncomfortable, or if that's just his face. Since he's been revealed 9 months ago, she's made about 9 videos with him so 1 video per month which is not a lot of videos to get used to it. I don't think he's the type of person to really emote, since he usually has the same expression even when he seems happy. His family was a lot more open and cheerful, so I think it's just his style.

Anyway he knew she was a Youtuber getting into the relationship, marrying her. I'm fairly sure she wouldn't film anything he wasn't okay with..but that doesn't mean he's going to be very charming on tape xD In a sense I think it's actually rather interesting she is with just a really normal guy.

Posted

This is something I always wondered...

Is it true that Meghan can't get pregnant? If not, is her child going to be blasian since she is actually black?

Posted

This is something I always wondered...

Is it true that Meghan can't get pregnant? If not, is her child going to be blasian since she is actually black?

I mean I don't think it is really any of our business, tbh. 

Posted

is her child going to be blasian since she is actually black?

She's multiracial and if she ever had to have a child it will be multiracial too, don't get why you care that much tho.