• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

ChoNunMigookSaram/Megan Bowen

1398 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I also think people forget that she's been there years and years, way before Korea was considered "cool" (someone correct me with this if I'm wrong but I feel like the Korea craze really became a thing within the past couple of years) and was much less likely to have uprooted her life so young just to look for an oppa. It must be interesting for foreigners who have lived in Korea for a while to see the new and larger demographic of kboos who are immigrating there.

It’s really interesting, especially if you like psychology. You can see egos and dreams being crushed as people realize their not at home any more. There’s people dealing with being a minority for the first time, getting ghosted for the first time, realizing that contracts don’t mean sh*t (few years back, it’s gotten better in the last year or two), that pollution is real and will make you question your existence, animal rights abuses, lonliness and just day to day micro-aggressions. Watching LBH (mostly men) get with korean girls because of cultural differences and misunderstandings. And the biggest lesson younger people make is thinking their lives will change without effort just because they moved somewhere else. But it can be great if you have the right mindset. There’s support groups for almost everything. 

Edited by MissTea

Posted

In her newest video she addresses why she hasn't dated foreigners in Korea and tbh I think she makes some good points.

Ugh I hate it that her wigs bother me so much, she either has too much hair or isn't wearing a wig cap, but they always make her dome look unnaturally big. I know she's new to wigs, it's just a bit distracting.

Posted

Ugh I hate it that her wigs bother me so much, she either has too much hair or isn't wearing a wig cap, but they always make her dome look unnaturally big. I know she's new to wigs, it's just a bit distracting.

Omg thank you I didn't know if it had been bought up in this thread yet but her wigs always look so unnatural. I try my hardest to ignore it but it bugs me so much. And I feel like it wouldn't even be that hard to fix. Does she not notice? lol 

Posted

Random, but that new film set up isn’t my cup of tea. I can’t tell whether she’s in a studio with a random sink in the back OR if it’s her kitchen lol.

Posted

Can anyone summarise her video?

Posted

Can anyone summarise her video?

The gist of it is that she didn't date more foreigners because they make up such a small percentage of the population, and because of her requirements for dating (Must speak Korean, plans to stay indefinitely in SK.) meant that the pool of single, foreign men is even smaller for her.

Posted

New video

This is probably the video title with the most pointless 'Korea' in it, I even looked at her videos and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of her videos doing worse views-wise if they don't have 'Korea/Korean' in the title. Oh well...

Also I'm not sure how partnerships work in SK but I think she should be better about disclosing her partnerships with the brands she promotes (Teami in this case.), I feel like not disclosing a sponsorship could get her in trouble.

And the way she glues down her edges kinda makes her lace look dirty? Like it's too straight? I don't know if that makes sense.

In any case, I really enjoy her outings with her Fiancé, they feel a lot more organic than her usual "Going to X café"

Posted

She seems so happy now that he's moved in :') they are such love birds its so adorable, I almost felt like I was intruding on their day by watching the vlog. I'd love to see her natural hair as a short/long term hairstyle but maybe the climate would make it difficult.

Posted (edited)

I thought the video was cute (even if her almost-hubby is still a little awkward on camera). 

This was already said but I hate that purple background that's been in her video lately. I can't even explain why exactly it's just off-putting. 

I think her wig looked a bit better this video. Didn't have that huge lump. 

Edited by 4thetea

Posted

I like seeing her with her fiancé too! It’s teally sweet and endearing. I hope they stay happy like that. What I wanted to say though is that I’m so proud of her. Seeing a woman secure her sh*t overseas BEFORE having a man provide for her. He moved into her house. She secured her own visa even though she knew she was getting married. Good for her! I love seeing women succeed like that. 

I like that she even thought ahead and didn't just rely on the spousal Visa incase anything happened. She can definitely take care of herself.

Posted

I know right! She hasn't said much about her personal life in Georgia but she said it wasn't the best upbringing, so extra props to her for breaking the pattern and becoming really successful :') she's almost to a million subs! 

Posted

Yep that vid was mad cute (and made me smile) (also Megan and Whitney are basically the only foreigner in EA I'm still watching, all the others are a disappointment) but as some have said the "in KoReA" in the title was quite unnecessary.

But Megan hun, WHERE IS DA FITNESS CHANNEL U PROMISED?!!!! (I need to work on my summer body for 2030 - because I'm honest with myself)

Posted

i just can't get over how she has this nice figure and she has the most awful sense of style, tragic.