• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

ChoNunMigookSaram/Megan Bowen

1628 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think she forget's when it comes to assimilation you only assimilate to things that are considered quite important to most ppl in society. Giving up you individuality is not assimilation it's turning into a robot with nothing unique about yourself

Plus... I don't mean to sound ethnocentric, but some of the things she stopped doing or stopped caring about aren't exactly things that someone should stop doing or stop caring about. I'm mostly talking about how she doesn't receive any information about prescription medication she is prescribed by doctors to take. And she's fluent in Korean, so if her doctor isn't even telling her the name of the drug so she could look it up herself, that can be dangerous in my opinion. 

Edited by Mista Joestar

Posted

i think she should just stick to a style that actually suits her instead of trying so hard to do a "korean style" everything from makeup, haircut, circle lenses. it's obviously not working with her features. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by BB-8
fixing the link

Posted

Oh wow... I could never tattoo my eyebrows, let alone my lips... I'd be afraid I'd get tired of the look. But, if that's what she really wants, then good on her. It only lasts 2 years anyway...

Posted

i dont mind the procedures she did/talked about(the lips were unecessary imo but the brows were a good choice)but why would she talk about getting her nipples tattooed a different colour?it's weird and kinda unecessary to talk about something like that since she wont be able to show it(and it's strange in general;why would one be bothered by something like that?did someone nippleshame her?:doge:)

i guess since these procedures are sponsored she doesn't really care and she can do whatever otherwise i dont think she would ever consider it

Posted

Isn't eyebrow tattoing fairly common though? I know a lot of beauty youtubers/just people in general who have done it.

The people I know who's gotten the procedure only had theirs last a few months though? Never 2 years...

Posted

Isn't eyebrow tattoing fairly common though? I know a lot of beauty youtubers/just people in general who have done it.

The people I know who's gotten the procedure only had theirs last a few months though? Never 2 years...

eyebrow tattooing is extremely common where i live! also i agree, 2 years seems pretty long for one to last

Posted

my friends aunt got her eyebrows tattooed and within like 2 months they went to this ugly shade of purple.......is that common? it looked so ridiculous

Posted

my friends aunt got her eyebrows tattooed and within like 2 months they went to this ugly shade of purple.......is that common? it looked so ridiculous

I don't think so.  My mom has them and they actually look more natural as time goes by. I'm pretty sure hers last years too. 

Posted

really depends on how well it's done and where you get it. I had my eyebrows tattooed awhile ago and it faded to brown/red, which isn't actually that bad cause I have a lot of eyebrow hair and i can just trace the shape when I'm trying to fill them in with makeup. 

On the other hand, lip tattoos seem god awful painful and I don't know if that's worth it. In the video, it seemed to fade into a nice color but I can't imagine it lasting for long because lip skin shed and chapness is somewhat normal.

Posted

I like how they did her eyebrows but I couldn't imagine having my eyeliner tattooed though...

Posted

Just curious if I am the only one who wonders about her family? Like how they really feel about her living in Korea, etc 

She does not seem to talk about her family much and she seems pretty dead-set on not living in the states anymore. It just seems like she never visits her family or the states. 

Posted

she visited her family once AND even showed them on video. but that was years ago. I don't think she has visited them recently. 

Posted (edited)

Just curious if I am the only one who wonders about her family? Like how they really feel about her living in Korea, etc 

She does not seem to talk about her family much and she seems pretty dead-set on not living in the states anymore. It just seems like she never visits her family or the states. 

Tbh I belive shes much more intrested in her perfect korean life. I mean last step for her koreabooness would be to obtain citezenship. Not that I blame her I mean Trump is our president-elect. However I think she has become hooked on this life of being sponsored, becoming low key plastic. And being "unique" ; Even if she is hella bland and trying to be a pasty korean via whitening surgery. I feel like shes fake.

Edited by goyang-i
Mistake quoting

Posted

Tbh I belive shes much more intrested in her perfect korean life. I mean last step for her koreabooness would be to obtain citezenship. Not that I blame her I mean Trump is our president-elect. However I think she has become hooked on this life of being sponsored, becoming low key plastic. And being "unique" ; Even if she is hella bland and trying to be a pasty korean via whitening surgery. I feel like shes fake.

Wow all of that if very unfair. I have a sister like her that immigrated back to africa and is dead set on assimilating so she can further her standing in her job. Just because she was dead set on not coming back to america doesn't mean she hates her family. I haven't seen her for years in person but she's my big sister so she makes sure to video chat or call me. If megan is the oldest I'm sure shes calling her sibs and parents and probably got them on kakaotalk (and after watching the video of her family I'm confidently assuming this.)