• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

ChoNunMigookSaram/Megan Bowen

1474 posts in this topic

Posted

I think her makeup looks a bit better here. 
Off topic, but I hate that lip tint pack :alpacaworry2: , I do not recommend getting it.

Also, she now has a k-box :alpacaworry:, which is currently sold out.
I wanted to check the price cause a lot of the items in the box are relatively cheap (I actually purchased some of these items in Korea as well). The most expensive items in that box would be the lip tint pack and the face mask. 

What do you guys think??

tbh i didn't watch this video bc i don't like how she does her make up but she does look a bit better 

i did wattch this video though and she says that this type of make up makes her feel prettier and stuff.like i get it but if she skipped the aegyo sal glittery thing it would propably suit her more

Posted

I think her makeup look better here. 
Off topic, but I hate that lip tint pack :alpacaworry2: , I do not recommend getting it

tbh i didn't watch this video bc i don't like how she does her make up but she does look a bit better 

i did wattch this video though and she says that this type of make up makes her feel prettier and stuff.like i get it but if she skipped the aegyo sal glittery thing it would propably suit her more

Understandable.
Comparing the new video with this one
In the newer look the eyeliner looks less downward and more like an actual wing. Also, the aegyosal glitter is less heavy. 
But I do agree that she should skip on that aegyo sal glitter, or at least use something less glittery.

Posted

Is it mean to say that I have never seen a non Korean person look good with "Korean style" makeup? I mean, they can still look good with that style of makeup, but they would probably look a lot better in makeup that just suited their feutures a bit more? 

Posted

Is it mean to say that I have never seen a non Korean person look good with "Korean style" makeup? I mean, they can still look good with that style of makeup, but they would probably look a lot better in makeup that just suited their feutures a bit more? 

Because they aren't working toward accentuating their features (which irks me, because isn't that the PURPOSE of makeup in the first place?) because they are just focused on " *soandso* does this  SO I HAVE TO DO IT TOO!!" Like, ugh no stop it! Megan not wearing much mascara because "Korean girls barely wear it!" Girl, you are NOT Korean. It makes no sense and when she said that, it made me roll my eyes.

I watched a few more of Megan's vids, and meh, still as annoying and try hard as ever. For example her summer video, she smacks and slurps all over the place. When she slurps up her noodles, she splatters it all over her clothes are her hair and its just...ugh. Reminds me a bit of Grace from TNT who obnoxiously slurps her noodles in each vid to prove "DIS IS DUH JAPANESE WAY TO SLUUUURP!" I eat with Koreans all of the time, and they don't eat and slurp as obnoxiously as Megan does. Does she forget that she has a mic like 6 inches away from her mouth. And why does she always have to click her tongue and slurp and do all of these obnoxious sounds. And calling it 물티슈 instead of just a wipe as if its some magical Korean only invention that is so difficult to translate. Girl, das a wipe.

And she always brings up being on Korean TV as if she's always a regular and...? She's almost never on TV?

And looking back on her vids, her pronunciation isn't as good as I remember it. Sorry girl, but sometimes i cant understand you because you mix your vowels up and stress your consonants wrong. /saltgone

Posted

Because they aren't working toward accentuating their features (which irks me, because isn't that the PURPOSE of makeup in the first place?) because they are just focused on " *soandso* does this  SO I HAVE TO DO IT TOO!!" Like, ugh no stop it! Megan not wearing much mascara because "Korean girls barely wear it!" Girl, you are NOT Korean. It makes no sense and when she said that, it made me roll my eyes.

I watched a few more of Megan's vids, and meh, still as annoying and try hard as ever. For example her summer video, she smacks and slurps all over the place. When she slurps up her noodles, she splatters it all over her clothes are her hair and its just...ugh. Reminds me a bit of Grace from TNT who obnoxiously slurps her noodles in each vid to prove "DIS IS DUH JAPANESE WAY TO SLUUUURP!" I eat with Koreans all of the time, and they don't eat and slurp as obnoxiously as Megan does. Does she forget that she has a mic like 6 inches away from her mouth. And why does she always have to click her tongue and slurp and do all of these obnoxious sounds. And calling it 물티슈 instead of just a wipe as if its some magical Korean only invention that is so difficult to translate. Girl, das a wipe.

And she always brings up being on Korean TV as if she's always a regular and...? She's almost never on TV?

And looking back on her vids, her pronunciation isn't as good as I remember it. Sorry girl, but sometimes i cant understand you because you mix your vowels up and stress your consonants wrong. /saltgone

But when I was there girls did wear a regular amount of mascara so I don't know what she's talking about. The girls at my college wear as much mascara as the average American girl.  Their make up just looks more natural other than the white hue of bb cream that some of them have. You can still use Korean make up trends to suit your face so I don't really understand why she can't. A lot of them did their make up like these pictures. 

1c402edf6cee7b18d907f2c8c2bc450d.jpg

7deb95d7b8c686c0c22b142ccdff1e81.jpg

797435b6d18edc1af17cc5f1d072725e.jpg

Posted

TBQH I really like her videos, generally speaking.

I find her to be way more genuine, even if she's trying to integrate SO HARD it gets a bit forced, I think her personality is very genuine.

Unlike Mira, I don't think she actually thinks she's korean, and she stays in touch with her american and black roots a lot, and I like that. Someone earlier commented about her using her AAVE to be funnier, I mean, I think it's really just the way she used to make jokes back in the US. Like, I like how she's not forcing to sound s00per korean, or faking an accent or shit or like she's ""unlearning"" english. *coughcoughmiracough*

I really think she's truly funny and probably a nice person to have around.

Also she always struck me as racially ambiguous, before I found out she was black. I totally believe her on the taning stuff btw. I was like VERY tan as a kid because I used to play on the shitty plastic pool we had, and was also sporting taning lines, my siblings would always poke fun at me because of it. Then BAM INTERNET AND GETTING NAUSEOUS IN THE SUN and now I'm probably the most pale among my siblings. I bet people that know me today never even considered my skin was really dark when I was 6-ish.

That being said:

1. HER INTRO IS THE CRINGIEST SHIT. Like, uuuuuurrgh :phftt:

2. I do think her makeup doesn't suit her face very well. But I just can't pin out why. 

Posted (edited)

Guess who's started vlogging?

Is it me or did she appear to blow off JheartsJ at the party...?

I don't think her haul was cute...and perhaps she should reconsider eating high carb vegan, it's as if it's making her face puffy (holding water). 

Edited by nicotine
typos

Posted

I don't think her haul was cute...and perhaps she should reconsider eating high carb vegan, it's as if it's making her face puffy (holding water). 

high card vegan diet huh? I hope its fiber friendly xD

Posted

Well she got face slimmed down recently because she got some sort of "lighter" boob plastic surgery recently where they take out fat from your body and pump it into your boobs. She said she didn't have much fat so they took some from her cheeks and lower back (this was all on snapchat). She said she's gonna make a video about it soon.

Even though I don't like her much, I really appreciate and like her honesty and transparency about the procedures she's done compared to other vloggers who just hide it.

Posted

I wonder is these foreign kvloggers thoughts changed after coming to korea about PS. who knows maybe megan, or brownwyn (she's in japan now) loathed PS until they came to korea. i'm actually quite curious. 

Posted

I'm pretty sure she did some other vlogs before, though? I might be confusing it too, but I think she did.

But I don't like her haul also. Only the coat. But that's her business, I guess. 
Also, I'm no nutricionist, but carb doesn't make your face puffy unless you get fat? Since she's ripped, carbs shouldn't a problem. She probably burns them equally. Water retention comes from salt. So the problem is if she's eating a lot of salty stuff (probably is tbh). 

Posted

:derp::darth:

Posted

Well she got face slimmed down recently because she got some sort of "lighter" boob plastic surgery recently where they take out fat from your body and pump it into your boobs. She said she didn't have much fat so they took some from her cheeks and lower back (this was all on snapchat). She said she's gonna make a video about it soon.

Even though I don't like her much, I really appreciate and like her honesty and transparency about the procedures she's done compared to other vloggers who just hide it.

is she loaded?! that kind of surgery runs for 8,000-9,000$ in the states!
and the risks are developing breast cancer or the deposited fat turning hard...

:stoplz:

Posted

is she loaded?! that kind of surgery runs for 8,000-9,000$ in the states!and the risks are developing breast cancer or the deposited fat turning hard...

:stoplz:

Isn't plastic surgery like way cheaper in South Korea than it is in the US? But even then with those risks I'd be terrified to do it even if I had the money for it. :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

Her vlogging isn't terribly interesting, but I prefer it to her normal videos because she isn't putting on as much of an act. She might improve with practice. Hopefully she'll also realize that she doesn't have to try so hard to make every video super bubbly or funny in order to entertain people.

I hope this isn't derailing or boring, but I really want to bring up something in another one of her recent videos, "How to Address Koreans". At around 2:12 she says that she was seeing someone a few years ago who was in his 40's, when she would have been in her mid-20's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSRnk6W_9o

He might be the NBC executive that she brings up a bit later? There's not a lot of details about him, it just strikes me as a strange thing for her to talk about. She is usually so careful about keeping her romantic life secret and her online personality is very guarded, yet she casually mentions that she dated someone who is only five years younger than her mom? Is Megan opening up? :o 

Edited by mayopudding
I keep messing up the video embed, what a noob