ChoNunMigookSaram/Megan Bowen

1147 posts in this topic

Posted

this is so awkward. Lol is she trying to imitate a designer? Or Tyra Banks? lol

Caption: "Thank you ladies for wearing my fall collection~ And a big thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. It was nice meeting you guys!" *facepalm*

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 22.53.46.png

When I see all of it together, I am just . . . . :darth: It's terrible. Terrible and cheap.

Posted (edited)

I feel like I've seen all these clothes on Romwe, DHGate, and Ebay at least 60 times.

for real everything just looks like something you would see on the racks as soon as you step into a forever 21. for someone that takes pride in her fashion sense, all these looks are just basic, fails to entice me as a consumer to actually buy it, and just . Cheap and brings nothing revolutionary to the table rip. 

Edited by taehyungs

Posted

As someone who studies this field, this is just...awful to see. I hope no one actually thinks that is an ok "collection" lmao.

Posted

I don't want this to sound rude, but why would anyone buy clothes from Megan? Deadass. 

I don't want to be harsh but if she can't even style her hair or her clothes properly, why would anyone waste hard earned money on that? Even if she's trying to be #unique, there's nothing notable about these outfits at all. An olive green shirt? A red hoodie? Black shorts? I'm pretty sure I can recreate those exact same outfits from items at Wal-Mart (I'm not even dissing Wal-Mart tbh, cause there are hidden gems there if you find the right stuff). 

Posted

I've watched Megan for a few years now (not consistently) and I think it's cool how far she's gotten from where she began, and I can't blame her for trying to monetize from her crowd. I agree that her clothes don't look like anything new. Maybe that's the point? Everything is so trendy that people won't think twice about buying it, lol. 

Posted (edited)

Her collection isn't trendy though. It's a khaki v-neck with a dog collar stapled across. It's lazy designing, that's what that is. Everything is so half assed it's embarrassing. You can't tell me that grey/black boatneck sweater with the added choker is edgy or even original. You can walk into any Target and find it there. 

I don't blame her for monetizing from her crowd, but I mean I would expect her to at least not rip them off with some cheap designs, and cheap fabric. She needs a better editor, or even an editor at all. 

Edited by excuseme?

Posted (edited)

Edited by lambchopp

Posted

y'all know she just picked these "designs" from a manufacturer and is passing them off as her own

she's with treasure hunters like edward avila, who did an earring set which was likely his management finding a manufacturer, picking out the products and then acting as a seller

lord this shit is ugly and she probably thinks she looks super ~fashion with that ratty ass fake fur

Posted

All that selling cheap shit aside, I’d be a lot more “forgiving” if she just sold it as merch. My expectations for merch are very different and even selling at a higher price is sort of part of the deal I guess (since you’re rather buying to support that person than to get the article anyway), even though I still would think that she took that to the extreme. But if you say something about “designing” a “collection”? That raises my expectations quite a bit. And in that light the articles she’s selling obviously fall short. Maybe she just wanted to be able to add -designer- to her insta bio in the future.

Posted

i remember posting on her YT video ( the one about opening a store) and wrote she should try and design her own shit since that'd be more sincere and yet....those designs look so cheap and bad lmao, I hope she doesn't try and sell them for a lot; Like if she goes the whole "they're originals!!" route and charge extra because of it. Nothing there is worth more than a few dollars.

Like, I can't hate on her for trying to monetize but I wish she'd put more effort into what she's giving her fans.....

Posted

I'm not really a Megan Bowen fan cause she's far too American for my European tastes :') but to me this was really really good? Like probably the best advice I've seen on this topic yet.

Or maybe I'm just biased cause I LOVED the shade thrown at yellow fever girls and every salty English teacher that rants about Korean guys on youtube xD

Posted (edited)

Has anyone seen the newest video about "how not to date in Korea"? I'd be very interested in hearing thoughts on this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gnk-9nwGY 

Edited by bulletproof
Sorry I'm just total dumbass and have no idea how to get the youtube video embed, hence the editing

Posted (edited)

Has anyone seen the newest video about "how not to date in Korea"? I'd be very interested in hearing thoughts on that one!

This is the one. I really liked it! I'm not really a Megan Bowen fan cause she's far too American for my European tastes :') but to me this was really really good? Like probably the best advice I've seen on this topic yet.

Or maybe I'm just biased cause I LOVED the shade thrown at yellow fever girls and every salty English teacher that rants about Korean guys on youtube xD

Edited by leaf900

Posted

Yooo, not to stir the pot buuut I wonder if part of that shade is toward LaLa though, cause LaLa has said something pretty similar about Korean dudes in her videos before and says she can't speak even Korean--

Posted

Yooo, not to stir the pot buuut I wonder if part of that shade is toward LaLa though, cause LaLa has said something pretty similar about Korean dudes in her videos before and says she can't speak even Korean--

She said she got this from looking at other kvloggers so yeah... probably hahahahaha