• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

140 posts in this topic

Posted

she never made one! :(

i thought they stopped dating and just became good friends because of olivyas mental health. she was talking about it one time on either snap or one of her ig livestreams about how shes not been doing so good and she wants to focus on herself and her dog. 

Posted

Does anyone follow Olivya's snapchat (feilene)? She's posted some pictures of a white girl wearing traditional chinese clothing and is very put off by it because she is white.  I didn't think anything of it, I thought of it like admiring another culture. Maybe like how some people wear kimonos even if they're not Japanese?

I am Chinese and am unsure of why she is offended, if someone can educate me on this, please do so because I'm confused.

As far as I know she hasn't been involved in any drama except for when she wore traditional Chinese attire for a photoshot even though she's not Chinese

213.PNG

🤔  something's not quite right here

Posted

i thought they stopped dating and just became good friends because of olivyas mental health. she was talking about it one time on either snap or one of her ig livestreams about how shes not been doing so good and she wants to focus on herself and her dog. 

oh I didnt know that, I thought they werre still tg

Posted (edited)

🤔  something's not quite right here

This is exactly what I thought of too. Not sure if this hypocritical of her or not. 

As someone who is Chinese, I don't mind if any other race wore Chinese cultural clothing, even as an accessory. I don't think of it as offensive, unless it is intended to be offensive. I can't speak for anyone else though or anyone of any other race. 

Edited by saladbars

Posted

oh I didnt know that, I thought they werre still tg

im not sure but olivya was having a very hard time recently and stopped touching the internet for a while, occasionally on snap or ig. she would livestream a lot and has been updating her fans once in a while about her mental conditions and her videos, etc. shes been putting youtube aside which is good because she has been focusing on her new job and reuniting with old friends and family. 

Posted

Her old instagram name used to be so_sugoi. Sugoi means cool in Japanese if you don't know. It's kind of amusing since, like Mei, also hates it when people call her "kawaii" because she is not Japanese. This photo is 4 years ago though.

Maybe it's just me but I find someone calling you "kawaii" even if you're not Japanese the most pretentious thing to be offended about. 

IMG_5236.thumb.PNG.f1025e15efc8b85c17cb8

Posted

oh damn :\ I didn't know her mental health was that bad... I was wondering where he went bc he used to always be in her snaps. Now he only pops up when he's streaming on twitch.

Posted

This is exactly what I thought of too. Not sure if this hypocritical of her or not. 

As someone who is Chinese, I don't mind if any other race wore Chinese cultural clothing, even as an accessory. I don't think of it as offensive, unless it is intended to be offensive. I can't speak for anyone else though or anyone of any other race. 

I do find it a bit hypocritical but lets be real, people say and do all sorts of stuff when they're younger. Maybe Olivya didn't realize what she did was wrong back then, but now recognizes her mistakes?

As a Chinese-American, I also don't necessarily find it offensive for another race to wear Chinese cultural clothing; but then again, I am not 100% educated on the cultural backgrounds surrounding the said clothing. What does bother me is if they wear it without even knowing the bare basics of what they're wearing. Like, if a white person wore a qipao and addressed it as "some random asian clothing". I feel like if you're going to wear another culture's traditional garb at least respect it enough to know what it is?

Posted

Does anyone follow Olivya's snapchat (feilene)? She's posted some pictures of a white girl wearing traditional chinese clothing and is very put off by it because she is white.  I didn't think anything of it, I thought of it like admiring another culture. Maybe like how some people wear kimonos even if they're not Japanese?

I am Chinese and am unsure of why she is offended, if someone can educate me on this, please do so because I'm confused.

Hi, just wanted to comment and say that the picture she screenshot was of a girl wearing traditional Vietnamese clothing (ao dai) and it was slightly sexual, so it was a tad distasteful to see. I'm Vietnamese and I was a little weirded out when I saw that picture.

I know traditional Chinese and Vietnamese clothing look very similar but it was an ao dai in the picture.

Posted

Hi, just wanted to comment and say that the picture she screenshot was of a girl wearing traditional Vietnamese clothing (ao dai) and it was slightly sexual, so it was a tad distasteful to see. I'm Vietnamese and I was a little weirded out when I saw that picture.

I know traditional Chinese and Vietnamese clothing look very similar but it was an ao dai in the picture.

I think I saw screencaps of that. Was it two white girls on depop posing in a ~sexy ao dai and calling it a oriental dress?

Posted

I think I saw screencaps of that. Was it two white girls on depop posing in a ~sexy ao dai and calling it a oriental dress?

was it the one where these white girls buy "vintage" pieces and up sell them, and one of those pieces that they were selling was an ao dai that they wore without pants (or underwear) and it was taken down because of backlash or am I confusing it with another white chick capitalizing off of "exotic" cultures?

Posted

was it the one where these white girls buy "vintage" pieces and up sell them, and one of those pieces that they were selling was an ao dai that they wore without pants (or underwear) and it was taken down because of backlash or am I confusing it with another white chick capitalizing off of "exotic" cultures?

Yeah, it was both.

Posted

I know this video was posted a month ago but I just wanted to say I really admire her makeup skills. I feel like she always makes really creative looks and she always look good doing them.

Posted

Heard from a friend who lives in the bay area that she goes around thrift shops with her friends, asking if the items she chose had any value to them and would later sell them on her depop saying she had the item for a long time and valued it, selling it for way more than it's advertised. Probably why some of the items in her depop are not her size.

Posted

Heard from a friend who lives in the bay area that she goes around thrift shops with her friends, asking if the items she chose had any value to them and would later sell them on her depop saying she had the item for a long time and valued it, selling it for way more than it's advertised. Probably why some of the items in her depop are not her size.

hmm, many people do do this, and it does make me question if this is true.  I hope she doesn't, but I won't put a blind eye to this.  How did your friend find out?