• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Poppy / Moriah Pereira & Titanic Sinclair / Corey Michael Mixter

450 posts in this topic

Posted

I love Poppy. I'm a sucker for this kind of weird shit i guess. I even like Titanic. >.> Don't judge. 
I do think she is talented though, because many seem to not think she is. And her music is so god damn catchy i find myself listening to her EP all the time. At some point i was even worried i was brainwashed into obsessing over it so much lmao 
Any way, what i think Poppy is, is a parody of the modern music industry. Or like, criticism of said industry. Note how in her interviews she always gives the kinda answers like "i say whatever you wanna hear me saying" as in, big artists these days will give generic answers that make their fans happy. I'm always waiting like a little kid for christmas for her new videos because lately i noticed how they got darker compared to her old videos. Maybe i'm just falling for a p good marketing strategy here, but i feel as if something big is coming up. Like some sort of reveal. 

btw saw someone wondered about her age. Her character Poppy is supposed to be 15 but the actress who plays Poppy is 21 i think. At leats that's what i read. 

Posted (edited)

Poppy is in Japan  https://www.instagram.com/thatpoppy/ :alpacacrush:

I found a few things about Mars Argo. She might even return and she has confirmed it on her tumblr. She also posted a super creepy video... But idk if I can post it in this thread since it's about Poppy. Maybe Mars needs her own thread, I find her more interesting imo.

Edited by inu
grammar

Posted (edited)

Sorry for bumping this dead thread again

Poppy has been making music before she met Titanic, look at this Korean blog  http://m.blog.naver.com/yyyyyooooo/50166728958

538717_450003441683418_1923370876_n.thum556495_420050074678755_1476414661_n.thumpoppy.thumb.jpg.d45778e74ace1b13d44c15ce

Edited by inu
forgot to add pictures

Posted (edited)

I absolutely love Poppy, I think the whole web series is genius

here is my favourite theory video on her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LdMRpBgtMc&t=21s

this should also answer some of your questions regarding mars argo

Edited by dad
problem with posting the video

Posted

Sorry for bumping this dead thread again

Poppy has been making music before she met Titanic, look at this Korean blog  http://m.blog.naver.com/yyyyyooooo/50166728958

538717_450003441683418_1923370876_n.thum556495_420050074678755_1476414661_n.thumpoppy.thumb.jpg.d45778e74ace1b13d44c15ce

I tried opening the link, but it's not available. (it is originally in Korean, but I made Google translate it)

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 1.24.44 AM.png

Posted

I mean I can see the appeal in this, how all the videos and music are edgy and mean something but to me its just kinda try-hard and creepy. Watching her videos I feel like I'm reading a creepypasta somehow. 

Posted

I mean I can see the appeal in this, how all the videos and music are edgy and mean something but to me its just kinda try-hard and creepy. Watching her videos I feel like I'm reading a creepypasta somehow. 

She is controlled by her manager who is also a music producer. So everything what she does is directed ,written and shot by someone else. Other than an okayish voice she is pretty boring i would imagine.

Posted

I think the whole Poppy act is a brilliant work of parodying the major music industry. I love the illuminati messages they throw in there. I am pretty interested in what went down with Titanic and Mars though... 

but yeah, Poppy the character is 15, whereas the girl portraying her has got to be like 21. I almost want her to meet up with Taylor Swift and have them talk about what it was like to grow up in Nashville lol. 

Posted

Would Poppy count as some sort of arg? It seems like her videos are telling a story about the "media" industry?

Posted

Would Poppy count as some sort of arg? It seems like her videos are telling a story about the "media" industry?

yes, i have watched some videos that are trying to explain what poppy really is and a lot said she might be an arg. i kinda agree with that since her videos are kinda referring to the media

Posted

Dont like it.

Posted

I searched a bit about her because of this thread, and I discovered Mars Argo and I love her music ! :alpacalove:(And her "computer show" with Sinclair was cool too)

I don't know if he stole the mocking-society-idea from her to perpetuate it with Poppy... or if Mars is still kind of part of the project (since he's been referencing the video where she holds a gun to her head and vomiting blood several times), but in another way ? 

I don't get creepy vibes from Sinclair like some of you at all... Maybe I'm naive, but if Poppy seem to be a very controled persona, the girl acting as the face of Poppy doesn't seem to be suffering from it (?) I think. :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I love Poppy! PewDiePie did a pretty funny little video on her too. I like how he acts like the Swedish retard he claims to be here.