• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Poppy / Moriah Pereira & Titanic Sinclair / Corey Michael Mixter

450 posts in this topic

Posted

Speaking of her weight, last year some time around the lawsuit Titanic commented on one of her photos saying “skinny legend” and it gave me a bad feeling. She looks wildly emaciated in her more recent instagram photos and its really unsetting. She was skinny to begin with but at least she looked healthy before. No clue what’s going on behind the scenes, but I hope those close to her aren’t normalizing it like Titanic definitely is...

Posted (edited)

Just adding on to the thing about Poppy’s current weight. I personally as well as many others within the fandom find it concerning. But there’s lots of fans normalizing it and refusing to acknowledge that there could be a problem. If you express any concern, there’s almost a guarantee that some other fan will accuse you of “skinny shaming” her. She was definitely always a skinny girl, like back when she was still Moriah and during the early days of Poppy. But now... it’s just unhealthy looking.

One thing that really worried me is this picture Titanic posted to his story (that he deleted after):

84084B24-1EB7-49DA-9D24-764C01327EDD.jpeg
He has been becoming almost as skinny as Poppy. And this photo worries me that they’re restricting their calorie intake to the extreme and he is encouraging it for their “image”. Here are some recent pics of Poppy as well to show just how skinny she’s been looking. I feel like tendons in her arms are visible, and her stomach looks more concerning than “fit”:

80653314-FBB2-4FC1-90BE-33DCE249F6B9.jpeg

DCFF9E18-5BFE-4F47-9238-D459DC0E90D9.jpeg

A5B047AF-1418-447D-A3AF-8997DA3F38AF.jpeg

929D2E66-58F7-458F-B264-F8DE8F81AA30.jpeg

FF6F0038-855A-4C1C-9EF8-5A49B392422E.jpeg

83985081-F466-4654-84D4-EE9BBAC9C8D9.jpeg

D5C017AC-6E7C-41EA-8CE7-D54626D7B830.jpeg

Edited by AnarchyStocking
spoilered pics cuz i added a lot

Posted

Just adding on to the thing about Poppy’s current weight. I personally as well as many others within the fandom find it concerning. But there’s lots of fans normalizing it and refusing to acknowledge that there could be a problem. If you express any concern, there’s almost a guarantee that some other fan will accuse you of “skinny shaming” her. She was definitely always a skinny girl, like back when she was still Moriah and during the early days of Poppy. But now... it’s just unhealthy looking.

One thing that really worried me is this picture Titanic posted to his story (that he deleted after):

84084B24-1EB7-49DA-9D24-764C01327EDD.jpeg
He has been becoming almost as skinny as Poppy. And this photo worries me that they’re restricting their calorie intake to the extreme and he is encouraging it for their “image”. Here are some recent pics of Poppy as well to show just how skinny she’s been looking. I feel like tendons in her arms are visible, and her stomach looks more concerning than “fit”:

Hidden Content

Honestly yeah, she looks a bit unhealthy.

Posted (edited)

I'm all for being skinny, but within healthy boundaries. I hope she's not entering too low bmi danger territory.

As for Titanic- he's starting to look sick and it's disturbing chasing that much weightloss for the aesthetic. 

Edited by Couture

Posted

I feel like recently her skin has been looking a kinda yellow in color (including some examples below). So I started doing a little research on yellow skin being related to disordered eating. Apparently, one cause of yellowing of the skin can occur as a result of bulimia (due to inflammation of the pancreas). I’m not claiming to be an expert and I’m still looking into it, but that’s just one of the causes I’ve found so far. It’s all pretty serious and I hate to make assumptions, but I really have felt for the last few months that Poppy may be struggling with an eating disorder. If Titanic is encouraging it, well I’m sorry to say that wouldn’t be too surprising. I’ve always found him to be incredibly disgusting.

Speaking of Titanic, Poppy unfollowed him on Instagram. Which is somewhat of a big deal because he has been the only account that she followed for years now. He also wasn’t at the last few Threesome Tour show dates (a tour she did with Bring Me The Horizon and Sleeping With Sirens). Typically he would play bass with her band. He also hasn’t been seen with her at Anime NYC yet, which she attended and had a panel at. It’s very interesting and gives me hope she’s dropping his crusty ass.

Here’s the pics I mentioned. Poppy was receiving some comments on the pic directly below (with the skeleton) that I found to be pretty gross. Basically comments along the lines of “you look just like him!” In reference to the skeleton:

04F997E4-171F-4517-8713-6B9896EB676A.jpeg

1C8D1CCA-9154-453D-9ADB-6E34457BF819.jpeg

F611BA72-FA5E-4328-A8B7-4B509546342B.jpeg

7B20BC50-9BE3-4A36-AD61-9BE82034F9FF.jpeg

Posted

There’s a lot of recent new “poppy thinspo” threads on MPA popping up recently so... there’s that, I guess.

Posted

Her ribs showing like that is very worrying, and her arms.... make me feel kind of ill. Her cheeks look a bit more sunken in too. It's pretty bad if professional photos in a publication that have been heavily edited still make you look extremely unhealthy. Also if you look at her hairline in the NME pics, her hair looks super damaged. Starving herself and always bleaching it could definitely be thinning it out.

Posted

I don't want to sound rude but she looks like she's anorexic or bulimic, like yeah, you can be skinny and she always was, but now she looks very bad tho, her arms are scary, people suffering of ED has that type of arms so you can tell that maybe she's sick:(.

Posted

don't pay much attention to her or her music but i hope that someone tells her personally tht she's looking v v unhealthily skinny :<

Posted

hasn't anyone considered drugs yet?

idk titanic just screams cokehead to me.

Posted

could be, it's so common for people in the public eye to have run-ins with drugs for some reason so it wouldn't be surprising.  i personally don't know enough about these two to make any judgements tho

Posted (edited)

I’ve been considering drugs, I feel like an idiot for not mentioning that. 

They play shows constantly and always bring in high energy. Considering they’re very likely restricting their calorie intake, where are they getting their energy to perform? My first thought was stimulants. Titanic is known to have used drugs in the past, cocaine and cannabis are the 2 I'm aware of. There was a video floating around a few years ago of him destroying a huge rail of coke, but no one can seem to find it anymore. It was on Reddit for a while. 

Here they are playing a few songs in October. Adding just to reference their energy levels while performing.

On another note, all this is pretty sad to me. I’ve been a fan of Poppy (not Titanic) since December 2016. It’s been hard to see the project change so drastically and to watch her slowly deteriorate physically. Most of the fans aren’t liking the whole “PoppyMetal” direction and miss the 2016-2017 days, myself included. I just know Titanic is to blame for her physical appearance, possible use of drugs, and the project direction. I think he encourages everything. Fuck him, honestly. For a lot of reasons.

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

I’ve been considering drugs, I feel like an idiot for not mentioning that. 

They play shows constantly and always bring in high energy. Considering they’re very likely restricting their calorie intake, where are they getting their energy to perform? My first thought was stimulants. Titanic is known to have used drugs in the past, cocaine and cannabis are the 2 I'm aware of. There was a video floating around a few years ago of him destroying a huge rail of coke, but no one can seem to find it anymore. It was on Reddit for a while. 

Here they are playing a few songs in October. Adding just to reference their energy levels while performing.

On another note, all this is pretty sad to me. I’ve been a fan of Poppy (not Titanic) since December 2016. It’s been hard to see the project change so drastically and to watch her slowly deteriorate physically. Most of the fans aren’t liking the whole “PoppyMetal” direction and miss the 2016-2017 days, myself included. I just know Titanic is to blame for her physical appearance, possible use of drugs, and the project direction. I think he encourages everything. Fuck him, honestly. For a lot of reasons.

(Aw Man i Just KNEW IT, something about Titanic just screams I Snort Lines Of Coke) 

Also most stimulants nuke your appetite so it would also make sense they are not eating well. MDMA is also a high likely candidate since they are doing high energy shows.

I actually enjoy PoppyMetal as its own thing but 2016-2017 had a lovely vibe that i don't see anywhere else, and while i do like it, her newer music sounds like something Grimes would do after watching Lords Of Chaos once.

Its honestly a bit sad that probably most of the project is Titanic's not Moriah's

Posted

(Aw Man i Just KNEW IT, something about Titanic just screams I Snort Lines Of Coke) 

Also most stimulants nuke your appetite so it would also make sense they are not eating well. MDMA is also a high likely candidate since they are doing high energy shows.

I actually enjoy PoppyMetal as its own thing but 2016-2017 had a lovely vibe that i don't see anywhere else, and while i do like it, her newer music sounds like something Grimes would do after watching Lords Of Chaos once.

Its honestly a bit sad that probably most of the project is Titanic's not Moriah's

I didn’t know that about stimulants so thank you for the info! All the details add up in a way that I don’t like :/ seems like something is happening. 

Don't get me wrong! I do like the new direction (I Disagree is a great single), but I liked the 2016-2017 days a lot more and I’m just really sad that they’re over forever. Her videos around that time gave me a very mysterious/magical/whimsical vibe and I miss that. It was a great escape that I needed at the time. Cute Poppy was best Poppy imo.

The fact that Poppy has unfollowed Titanic on everything and he hasn’t been seen with her for a while give me hope she’s dropping him. And then will be able to take control of her work. Anyway, here’s a few new photos:

2CB27E49-212C-46C6-B02F-4C38A48964E2.jpeg

64913173-F462-4EED-AFC1-0D84974D0FA1.jpeg

91E20EBB-22E5-4D0E-81BB-6790E8728625.jpeg

Posted

If she dropped him, I'm afraid that she can't sing anymore her music because of him, and also that a new girl will appear from nowhere with the same concept of Mars Argo and Poppy because we alo know how he is.