• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Poppy / Moriah Pereira & Titanic Sinclair / Corey Michael Mixter

321 posts in this topic

Posted

oops, I just offered to talk about Salvation and then ditched. Anyways, I think it's being sugar coated by people. It was shit. That's coming from someone who has adored her since the bubblebath era. 

I had Salvation during the European leg. It was scheduled to start at 6:30 but started at like, 7. So we get a signed poster (with hideous design), a cheaply made lanyard (w the same ugly design) and a robe. The robe is cheap polyester material in a one-size-fits-all. That's the exclusive merchandise you were offered for this 100$ purchase. 

During Salvation, you could barely hear Poppy because she's very soft spoken and I was literally separated from her with a bed sheet. She was very cute and endearing, which was the only positive thing about VIP. Talking to her lasted for three minutes for me. 

We were let into the venue literally a minute or two prior to everyone else. I was stolen from at the show. I don't wanna name the item because that might reveal my identity. Most fans attending were awfully hysteric. 

After the show, she came out for a photo. You thought you could take a single pic with her or have her sign something? Wrong. She came outside, stood there for a picture real quick and then literally ran away. I'm not joking, she basically fled backstage. On the picture that was supposed to be for salvation only, there were plenty people from GA on the pic too. After the concert there were about 6 people waiting outside. She ran to the bus while covered completely in her jacket and guided by her dancers like she's some A-List celebrity. 

All in all, really not worth the 100$ you have to pay in addition to the ticket if you ask me. I really adore her, but taking a hundred bucks for a 2$ aliexpress robe and a poster that looks like it was made by someone a la 'graphic design is my passion', talking to her through a sheet.. hard pass.

Posted

Odd that she ran off quickly after the group photo. At the other European shows, she actually stayed for like 10 minutes and people were getting selfies and autographs. There’s tons of footage so I can provide it, if anyone cares. I think it was mostly possible for her to stay after the show for the European dates because the amount of people with Salvation was TINY compared to the US shows. Some of the US shows had anywhere from 30-40 Salvation people. Some of the European dates had only a handful.

I don’t particularly understand it when fans are upset over what the VIP experiences have been like. Each time, it was pretty much explicitly stated what would happen. The first time around, they did the VR meet&greet (which was a VR game and Poppy/Titanic could communicate with the players and manipulate the game) and regardless of the fact it said “VR”, people thought they’d be seeing her in person. Even though it never said that. Then for this tour, it was advertised as a confessional, which should make it somewhat obvious how it’ll go if you know what a confessional is. And Poppys team actually did confirm she’d be present when someone emailed them.

AND there was the advantage (unless you went to the very first Europe show) of being able to see what the experience was like based on other people going and posting about it. And decide for yourself then if it was worth your time and money.

Deff didn’t sugarcoat my experience. I just think different fans have different standards and expectations. What may satisfy one fan may leave another cursing the moment they opened their wallet.

Posted

It's sad to me how quickly everyone seems to forget how involved she was in the abuse and that she was an active participant in it, and that Titanic is still heavily involved with everything (and clearly still the driving force of the entire act because it has his self-important themes written all over it). It's like the settlement just made it all go away. For me they're ruined forever and some catchy bops or self-aware marketing strategies can't change that. I'd consider supporting Poppy's music if she worked with someone else, but that's never gonna happen. It's so odd that their entire image is based on "pop is hollow and Hollywood is a cult and popular culture is brainwashing" and they perform it so very much on-the-nose and still people buy into it completely as if they're the exception to their own pretentious preachings because they let fans buy a premium package and purport themselves to be some higher beings you can buy a 100 dollar ~confessional~ with. It's ironic, guys! We're the good ones because we make fun of it, never mind that we use the exact strategies we criticize!

It's so weird.

Posted

It's sad to me how quickly everyone seems to forget how involved she was in the abuse and that she was an active participant in it, and that Titanic is still heavily involved with everything (and clearly still the driving force of the entire act because it has his self-important themes written all over it). It's like the settlement just made it all go away. For me they're ruined forever and some catchy bops or self-aware marketing strategies can't change that. I'd consider supporting Poppy's music if she worked with someone else, but that's never gonna happen. It's so odd that their entire image is based on "pop is hollow and Hollywood is a cult and popular culture is brainwashing" and they perform it so very much on-the-nose and still people buy into it completely as if they're the exception to their own pretentious preachings because they let fans buy a premium package and purport themselves to be some higher beings you can buy a 100 dollar ~confessional~ with. It's ironic, guys! We're the good ones because we make fun of it, never mind that we use the exact strategies we criticize!

It's so weird.

I agree!!!

Posted (edited)

Then for this tour, it was advertised as a confessional, which should make it somewhat obvious how it’ll go if you know what a confessional is. And Poppys team actually did confirm she’d be present when someone emailed them.

AND there was the advantage (unless you went to the very first Europe show) of being able to see what the experience was like based on other people going and posting about it. And decide for yourself then if it was worth your time and money.

I was well aware I wouldn't actually see her, but I was shocked at how poorly executed the whole confession idea was. You would think that they'd put a bit of effort into that rather than just hang a bed sheet between two chairs. The whole thing could've been very cool with an eerie feeling to it had they invested a little bit in a small set up for it.

Also I bought my Salvation ticket right when they came out under the impression they were limited. Most people at my show were very disappointed by how Salvation went and a lot of them also were upset when it turned out she stayed at other concerts to talk to fans, reasonably so.

Not to mention I never got my photograph from the show- I don't think anyone did. We were also promised a special role on the church website, which we never got. And now they finally picked up on that and said we'd automatically get to Floor 2- which doesn't feel like a special role when other members who didn't purchase VIP can do so as well.

edit; I forgot to mention, when she came out for that group photo I tried to talk to her while Titanic was still struggling with his camera. She did not respond to me at all and straight up ignored me which was, uh, considerably heartbreaking to me because I used to look up to her a lot three years ago.

Edited by Electra Heart
more info

Posted

okay so out of curiosity for the website I "submitted" my "application" to become a member and I just wanted to know what's up with that. I don't understand if the reason they made it so only people they personally accept can become a part of their website because 

a) they wanted to avoid spam accounts or accounts that would be abandoned within 3 days of use (why would anyone not interested enough take the time to fill out the application?)

b) to avoid people who dislike poppy/sinclair to use the website to talk shit about them or idk, anything negative related to it

c) because they genuinely wanted to make it feel like a cult

my application was pretty lame tbh. I didn't know what was expected of me.  I'm guessing if they accept my application we'll know it's not abut finding real, devoted fans to join the page but rather just make sure no bots are spamming the page.

I ain't gonna lie: I was gonna put "I pledge my soul" under the "what do you pledge?" question but a tiny little part of me is afraid any of it may be real so I refrained