• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Poppy / Moriah Pereira & Titanic Sinclair / Corey Michael Mixter

450 posts in this topic

Posted

...who is she again...?

-_-;

Posted

When Lana Del Rey started getting more attention, apparently it was really difficult to find any of her old music, candids etc, they pretty much tried erasing her past to start over with the new identity.  So yeah i wouldn't be surprised if her new label did a big wipe of her past image.  it works well seeing as people think there's some hidden meaning behind the videos and naturally want answers.  like other people have wrote, it's a good way to drum up intrigue for a new artist and the cute aesthetic and not-so-obvious subliminal illuminati stuff just adds to it.

Posted

Just dropping in to say that Poppy uploaded a video titled "Numbers" where she simply counts to ten 11 times, and there was a "ping" at certain numbers. People in the comments were putting together the numbers when the sound occured and turns out, it was a phone number. 

I didn't think much of it until I saw her new MV and noticed in the comments that the phone number of the Numbers video belonged to a person who interviewed Poppy. Apparently, she was "out of character" in this interview. I'm assuming Sinclair didn't like it was uploaded, tried to take it down, and wasn't able to. He then sneakily put in the phone number as "revenge," I guess. Below, the channel that uploaded the interview confirmed it was their Creative Director's phone number.

IIRbfwl.jpg

I went back to the Numbers video and the title is now "One two three." The comments were now different, and people were saying the numbers meant the hours left until her new music video.... The fuck, Sinclair. 

Posted

Just dropping in to say that Poppy uploaded a video titled "Numbers" where she simply counts to ten 11 times, and there was a "ping" at certain numbers. People in the comments were putting together the numbers when the sound occured and turns out, it was a phone number. 

I didn't think much of it until I saw her new MV and noticed in the comments that the phone number of the Numbers video belonged to a person who interviewed Poppy. Apparently, she was "out of character" in this interview. I'm assuming Sinclair didn't like it was uploaded, tried to take it down, and wasn't able to. He then sneakily put in the phone number as "revenge," I guess. Below, the channel that uploaded the interview confirmed it was their Creative Director's phone number.

IIRbfwl.jpg

I went back to the Numbers video and the title is now "One two three." The comments were now different, and people were saying the numbers meant the hours left until her new music video.... The fuck, Sinclair. 

when I went to look at the video, I noticed that in the caption the "Directed by Titanic Sinclair" is missing, which is usually in all captions. Personally, I think this could have been a smart way of 'revenge' but it could result in bad reputation for Poppy as well as drawing more attention to the interview (she is very cute and shy in the interview, it's adorable :alpacacrush: I might download the interview just because I don't wanna lose that haha). I don't think Poppy herself came up with it, but just went along with Sinclair. Anyways, the comments now even have people claim that its a reference to the bible. People just want to believe so bad she's giving away a secret message when Titanic Sinclair just subtly trying to pressure the magazine to remove the video. 

image.jpg

Posted

Yeah, I don't think this is a smart idea. I think it's obvious that there's an actual person behind "Poppy." I don't think there's anything wrong with being out of character now and then. But it looks like Sinclair really wants Poppy to stand out and attract a lot of attention. He sounds like a major dickhead at this point if this was really his idea. 

On a side note, the MV for "Money" was really disappointing. It's my fave song off the EP... The MV is just Poppy lip syncing and pixel art stolen from tumblr lmao. It just looks like a regular video from her other channel. 

Posted (edited)

I just want to point out how similar this poppy character is to Mars Argo.

If you don't know who Mars Argo is, she was a character that was creating music with Titanic sinclair back in like 2007  . Now I don't think Sinclair actually made her into the character, pretty sure she just chose it and became it but their similarities are ridiculous. 

here is a video that just is so much like Poppy's videos that it just bugs me. It's like hes trying to recreate his old work or something? idk. I just get a weird vibe with how similar they are. 

Here's a video of one of her songs :

4917012891_60d0c41d3b_z.jpg

tumblr_mmt7lgQQOp1qgf9flo1_1280.jpg

Edited by kittenbits
Youtube links didn't show up right

Posted

At first I thought that you're probably being too harsh on Titanic Sinclair for a couple of disses (after all, I like the aesthetic and the whole idea of Poppy), but the more I look into "Titanic", the more pretentious and obnoxious he seems, and almost ruins Poppy for me at this point -_-

I'm starting to wonder if Poppy would prefer to be herself in interviews, but Titanic insists that she'll stay in character? Of course it's just speculation, but she seems so forced in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2u4fsQjWA , almost as if she's a bit embarrassed to be in character. In the videos on her channel, she at least genuinely seems to be into the character.

It also doesn't make sense to me, that "Titanic" uploads those videos where he acts exactly like Poppy. That just highlights how Poppy is only a character, and isn't that the exact thing he's trying so hard to hide? Seems like he just can't help himself, because he wants the recognition as the director so hard?

This video has a point, even if he blames Poppy and not Titanic:

Not to even mention how pretentious Titanic's twitter is...

Posted

I don't quite understand how people like her music, she's a god awful singer and a bootlegged love child of Melanie Martinez, Marina Diamandis, and Lana Del Rey.

I get that she appeals to the tumblr crowd, but Christ there's something about her that bothers me to no end. Maybe it's because she's talentless and is signed to a major record company. I digress, she's fuckin weird as hell

Posted

Her voice is....okay-ish, to me but it's not "professional" sounding.
I hear a bit of auto-tune, or is it just me being sick?

I mean, if she stuck to just being free-lance cover artist on youtube, then yea, she'd be popular in that sense.
But, her voice type isn't meant for that whole tourist around the world like other bands.

Posted

To me her voice is fine and her music is nice enough, but her videos have been getting more and more "edgy" recently, which (imo) does no favors for her aesthetic? I get that she's supposed to be weird and even creepy in a way, but without subtlety it loses its appeal. I get the feeling that Titanic Sinclair doesn't quite know what direction he should go next with the videos, or maybe he knows, but I just don't happen to like the direction :/

Posted

I don't find her to be very talented but, then again I am not a fan of Marina or Lana. I don't think she deserves a record deal. She is cute but maybe I am just turned off by her whole aesthetic.I think this Titanic douche should just let her be her. It seems he has a tight hold on her and I don't like that,

Posted

I think Titanic Sinclair would need his own topic instead of Poppy. Since he is probably the one who is behind Poppy and Mars Argo.
Some new hipster boy looking for another way to get famous using blonde, pretty, pale girls as his go to.
I was watching a video on Poppy by TheWonderSpud (which I will link) and read more up on her on lolcow. Since Mars Argo has basically dropped off the face of the planet I really wonder what if Poppy is going to have the same fate unless one of the videos go viral. Since she looks to have celebrity friends such as Debby Ryan, I'm going to assume Titanic started dating her for just that (I sound very ignorant, I just really have something against Titanic, I really did not like how he acts and who he is, this was also from my Mars Argo days).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPp-2kgrlTo

Posted

To me her voice is fine and her music is nice enough, but her videos have been getting more and more "edgy" recently, which (imo) does no favors for her aesthetic? I get that she's supposed to be weird and even creepy in a way, but without subtlety it loses its appeal. I get the feeling that Titanic Sinclair doesn't quite know what direction he should go next with the videos, or maybe he knows, but I just don't happen to like the direction :/

I feel like her videos have gotten creepier the more videos on YouTube popped up to 'expose' her. I think Titanic noticed that people now more actively searched for things wrong with Poppy and that's why he went for the darker videos? He gives the people what they want because he knows people will go absolutely crazy over videos like the "Oh no." one when they already were all set on finding out the meaning of her talking to a plant, you know what I mean?

I also think that there should be a Titanic Sinclair thread, or that maybe this one will be about him as well since Poppy is nothing more than a product of Sinclair mocking pop culture. I doubt Moirah is involved much aside from being the face of Poppy. (I also think it's a little rude to say that she has no talent and doesn't deserve the record deal, I understand her music isn't every ones cup of tea, but she wouldn't have the record deal in first place if she wouldn't deserve it; but maybe that's just me :alpacadone:)

Posted

I feel like her videos have gotten creepier the more videos on YouTube popped up to 'expose' her. I think Titanic noticed that people now more actively searched for things wrong with Poppy and that's why he went for the darker videos? He gives the people what they want because he knows people will go absolutely crazy over videos like the "Oh no." one when they already were all set on finding out the meaning of her talking to a plant, you know what I mean?

I also think that there should be a Titanic Sinclair thread, or that maybe this one will be about him as well since Poppy is nothing more than a product of Sinclair mocking pop culture. I doubt Moirah is involved much aside from being the face of Poppy. (I also think it's a little rude to say that she has no talent and doesn't deserve the record deal, I understand her music isn't every ones cup of tea, but she wouldn't have the record deal in first place if she wouldn't deserve it; but maybe that's just me :alpacadone:)

There's a crap to of celebs who have record deals who dont deserve them tbh.  It's all about connections and chance not actual talent for most of these companies. Will you make money? Okay you're hired. Some are talented though. 

This gives me Femm vibes for some reason. But Femm pulls it off effortlessly.