• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Poppy / Moriah Pereira & Titanic Sinclair / Corey Michael Mixter

339 posts in this topic

Posted

Twitter / Instagram / Website / SC: thatpoppy

Image result for poppy gif

Of course, Poppy is simply a persona, and her real name is Moriah Pereira. According to many articles, she was born or grew up in Nashville, Tennessee. The person behind her videos and music is Titanic Sinclair/Corey Mixter. I don't really like the dude because a quick look through his twitter shows that he likes to pick fights with other "indie" artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez (mostly due to thinking they "copy" Poppy). There are also rumors that Poppy and Titanic are dating, which is weird, because at the same time, many people claim she's 15.

Her and Titanic Sinclair:

COUPLEEEE.thumb.jpg.c95f22d34df27921d411large_(58).thumb.jpg.ef53d031e048b28b82flarge_(46).thumb.jpg.afeeeb8e69426bfacc6

However, there is a lot of evidence that she's not 15. Her Twitter and Youtube were made in 2011, and she has been making covers that have been deleted since the Poppy persona was created. Many people believe this due to her birthday video, where she claims she was "created" on January 1st. And in the description, she puts her birthday as 01/01. And I guess some people saw it as 01/01/01???????

I went to look for pictures of her pre-Poppy, and it seems like she went under the alias Moriah Poppy. Judging by these pictures, she's probably in her early 20's by now. (Bonus: I found a pic of her w Sam Pepper?????)

Old Pictures:

XfPvjTY.jpgpoppy123.thumb.jpg.25b6811b917b3838e4c656qPPpLC.jpg7y1lF4A.jpgKlZG4We.jpg5oHIDQJ.jpg

Lastly, while I was on the hunt for old pictures I found a VK page that has her old videos. I don't think you can watch them since they seem to be linked to youtube, and I guess those videos are deleted, but you can at least see her in some of the thumbnails.

Songs:

What do you guys think about her?

(Thank you to @kotori for the summary)

Posted

Ah, I was just about to make a thread about her, but I guess I'll contribute :alpacawink:

Twitter / Instagram / Website / SC: thatpoppy

Of course, Poppy is simply a persona, and her real name is Moriah Pereira. According to many articles, she was born or grew up in Nashville, Tennessee. The person behind her videos and music is Titanic Sinclair. I don't really like the dude because a quick look through his twitter shows that he likes to pick fights with other "indie" artists like Halsey and Melanie Martinez (mostly due to thinking she "copies" Poppy). There are also rumors that Poppy and Titanic are dating, which is weird, because at the same time, many people claim she's 15.

I highly doubt that she's that young, because have you seen her videos? And her twitter and yt was made in 2011, and she has been making covers that have been deleted since the Poppy persona was created. Many people believe this due to her birthday video, where she claims she was "created" on January 1st. And in the description, she puts her birthday as 01/01. And I guess some people saw it as 01/01/01???????

I went to look for pictures of her pre-Poppy, and it seems like she went under the alias Moriah Poppy. Judging by these pictures, she's probably in her early 20's by now. (Bonus: I found a pic of her w Sam Pepper?????)

XfPvjTY.jpg

6qPPpLC.jpg

7y1lF4A.jpgKlZG4We.jpg

5oHIDQJ.jpg

Lastly, while I was on the hunt for old pictures I found a VK page that has her old videos. I don't think you can watch them since they seem to be linked to youtube, and I guess those videos are deleted, but you can at least see her in some of the thumbnails.

My personal opinion on Poppy is that her "aesthetic" is really cute and her music is catchy but her EP isn't THAT great, but I'm hoping her album is even better. I do see her videos as strange but it doesn't really creep me out, because I believe they're meant to be like that to promote her music. If that's the case, how far are they willing to keep this persona up?

((This was such a long post. I'm sorry :alpacaworry2: )) 

Posted

I really love Poppy! I think she's super gorgeous and I love her EP :alpacacrush: her videos are really weird, but I think people put too much meaning behind them. I think they're simply meant to confuse people and peak their interest for Poppy. 

Many of the Crybabies try to find reasons that make Poppy 'problematic' which is really annoying. Like I saw this comment on Instagram complaining about Poppy 'being a bitch' because she blocked an user. When they got asked why, they said they spammed her instagram with "Buy Crybaby on iTunes". No wonder they got blocked. Kinda OOT but I think it's really annoying. 

Posted

I feel like she was created for the 'tumblr' audience. It's aesthetically appealing and it definitely peaks your interest.

Posted

Sorry I didn't have enough info, I just found her and thought she was strange so I wanted to make a topic about her

Posted (edited)

Pretty much found out about her through a youtube recommended to you kinda thing , her singing voice is different from her "aesthetically weird" videos where she zones out like some dead soul. I loved lowlife but the other songs were just ok , she sang her own songs before she became "poppy" (found her old songs through tumblr ) . 

It is weird tho- on how she signed to a major recording label company ( with big names like Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato , Shawn Mendes just to name a few ) that quick when her backstory is practically a mystery.

Titanic Sinclair gives off a superbly weird vibe man idk 

Edited by royalpirates
more words

Posted

i'm digging that lowlife song

other than that she's cute but yeah it's kinda odd there's not much info on her and i do agree that she fits that tumblr aesthetic pretty well

Posted

LOL I just clicked on the video titled who is poppy? And then I saw this in my notifications. I am spooked out but I'm pretty sure it's a marketing thing.

Posted

I adore Poppy and she doesn't seem like she is involved in drama much... Titanic Sinclair on the other hand... God, was going down his twitter and he retweeted something about how Halsey tried to kill herself and he said, "Wow, she even sucks at that."

I find it unfortunate that someone I like is associated with someone like him. Makes me wonder how Poppy actually is as a person sigh

Posted (edited)

Her name is just Moriah Pereira. She did have a stage name as just Moriah Poppy forever and sang in Nashville under Brett Manning's wing and had a fucked up childhood so I understood it from her view. She's a cool kid. She's just as normal as everyone else. No she is not really 15.  She tried making it real hard forever in Nashville and did a lot of local gigs and hosted younow sessions and everything. She has a full life history like the rest of us. She just happened to sign a big deal and moved to California and her shit went viral so they were like "fuck it lets keep this going". This whole "Poppy" thing is just a gimmick and a good one. Titanic is not that guys real name. He's just a super hipster tumblr douchebag dumbass. He really gets on my nerves when he speaks about shit like he  knows it all and all this shit. If I do run into him again I'll tell him to square up for those dirty looks and shit he gives. He's not illuminati none of them are he's just a fucking jackass.

Edited by TONY76

Posted

Her name is just Moriah Pereira. She did have a stage name as just Moriah Poppy forever and sang in Nashville under Brett Manning's wing and had a fucked up childhood so I understood it from her view. She's a cool kid. She's just as normal as everyone else. No she is not really 15.  She tried making it real hard forever in Nashville and did a lot of local gigs and hosted younow sessions and everything. She has a full life history like the rest of us. She just happened to sign a big deal and moved to California and her shit went viral so they were like "fuck it lets keep this going". This whole "Poppy" thing is just a gimmick and a good one. Titanic is not that guys real name. He's just a super hipster tumblr douchebag dumbass. He really gets on my nerves when he speaks about shit like he  knows it all and all this shit. If I do run into him again I'll tell him to square up for those dirty looks and shit he gives. He's not illuminati none of them are he's just a fucking jackass.

The way you write looks like a robot's, ironically :douge: ILLUMINATI

Anyway, if you have any juicy info please share. Moriah seems interesting, I like her spooky vibe.

Posted

@Satan, who appears at 0:42. Damn your soul. :alpacalove: You are the best part of that music video. :alpacacrush:

giphy.gif

Posted

Poppy often retweets fanart and I found this gem amongst the replies, his Twitter is full with tweets to Poppy like those :harharplz: I think it shows off how smart the concept behind the whole Poppy character is. It keeps people talking and some are obsessed with finding out the meaning behind her. Even though there isn't any. 

image.jpg

Posted

@Satan, who appears at 0:42. Damn your soul. :alpacalove: You are the best part of that music video. :alpacacrush:

giphy.gif

Yeah Poppy and I are cool like that 255216_(2)1.thumb.jpg.1010d5a15c3a230ff4

Posted