• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

4311 posts in this topic

Posted

edward isn't even that dark skinned so it would be pretty easy for him to get foundation his own skin color, he just chooses not to. i've seen plenty of korean youtubers who have darker skin than him and they still manage to find products that match their skin tone lol. he definitely has some kind of insecurity issues or else he wouldn't actively be whitening his skin (which he's made videos about in the past).

Tbh, i don't think that having white skin or whitening your skin is bad. If he was trying to ''be korean'', i would be very pissed about it, but whitening his skin is ok i guess. Maybe it's me, but i know that a lot of people prefer having perfect ''doll skin''. It's everyone's preference, honestly. Maybe he lie about not finding his right skin color foundation because he doesn't want people to annoy him with it ?

Posted

'wish he would focus on improving his skin first' Okay firstly wtf? Just because someone has acne doesn't suddenly mean their negligent on skin care sweetie, if anything it means they're more experienced as trying to cure acne is no weekend job. He's also posted skin care videos and his skin has dramatically improved since his older vids! If you're going to be shady at least do your research hunty.

Agree with this 100%.

Posted (edited)

Tbh, i don't think that having white skin or whitening your skin is bad. If he was trying to ''be korean'', i would be very pissed about it, but whitening his skin is ok i guess. Maybe it's me, but i know that a lot of people prefer having perfect ''doll skin''. It's everyone's preference, honestly. Maybe he lie about not finding his right skin color foundation because he doesn't want people to annoy him with it ?

I think the reason why a lot of people find him off for whitening his skin is because it seems more like he only wants to go out of his way and do it because he lives in korea and wants to match korean beauty trends, hence the "bleeding"/gradient lip tint and straight eyebrows. Which comes off as koreaboo-ish. But also, those are makeup trends. Bleaching your skin lasts forever and isn't reversible, it also damages skin. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the whitening formula(s) he's using are making his skin condition worse. They can be really damaging! :alpacadone: 

Edited by poor

Posted

ive always came across his videos but never felt interested in him, and once i watched his video he has that really bitchy / sassy vibe to him which i dont really like? but then i saw him on joannekeem's vlog and he's unlike what i thought he would be. he seemed like a genuinely nice guy now imo. i dont really watch his makeup videos, but i really like his product reviews, he's p. informative like joanne tbh? 

anyways, he mentioned before in his q&a that he came to korea as an english teacher, and that he recently just quit his teaching job? does anyone know what is he doing right now? i mean, i dont think teaching job would sponsor him for a pr? 

Posted

ive always came across his videos but never felt interested in him, and once i watched his video he has that really bitchy / sassy vibe to him which i dont really like? but then i saw him on joannekeem's vlog and he's unlike what i thought he would be. he seemed like a genuinely nice guy now imo. i dont really watch his makeup videos, but i really like his product reviews, he's p. informative like joanne tbh? 

anyways, he mentioned before in his q&a that he came to korea as an english teacher, and that he recently just quit his teaching job? does anyone know what is he doing right now? i mean, i dont think teaching job would sponsor him for a pr? 

it's joankeem, but yes his product reviews are always informative! even when i'm not into makeup, i enjoy listening to his reviews anyway.

He was a teacher on an army base. He's pretty much a full time youtuber now. He stated in some videos before that he makes a decent amount of money now, so good for him!

Posted

it's joankeem, but yes his product reviews are always informative! even when i'm not into makeup, i enjoy listening to his reviews anyway.

He was a teacher on an army base. He's pretty much a full time youtuber now. He stated in some videos before that he makes a decent amount of money now, so good for him!

lmao oops, joankeem. i find his makeup reviews are really informative meanwhile its skincare reviews for joan.

ohh. i see.but i mean, just being a teacher gets you a permanent residency in korea? (probably off topic but i just curious)

Posted

Wow I don't know how I missed this thread! Found some really cool products through him. I do like his personality for the most part and do find him fairly attractive, but his voice is really grating. Maybe it's because I just can't stand that over the top gay lisp. He does come off a little too try hard at times....

Posted

Wow I don't know how I missed this thread! Found some really cool products through him. I do like his personality for the most part and do find him fairly attractive, but his voice is really grating. Maybe it's because I just can't stand that over the top gay lisp. He does come off a little too try hard at times....

I agree it's his voice that gets to me more so than his sass. But that can't be helped I suppose.

Posted

'wish he would focus on improving his skin first' Okay firstly wtf? Just because someone has acne doesn't suddenly mean their negligent on skin care sweetie, if anything it means they're more experienced as trying to cure acne is no weekend job. He's also posted skin care videos and his skin has dramatically improved since his older vids! If you're going to be shady at least do your research hunty. From what I see in his videos he's a nice guy, his sassiness isn't over the top and in all honesty i really like his content. The whole foundation thing (which he's stated a few times) is due to the fact foundation in SK is only a range of light shades and that is all that is available to him. Not his fault, nothing to be salty over and it definitely ain't an insecurity issue.

i like the fact that Edward doesn't hide his acne issues & actually talks about it, bc ik a lot of people with acne say it's kinda hard to take the people with perfect skin seriously bc they don't really have to deal with actually having acne. also, ik he mentioned wanting to stick with korean roadshop brands bc that's what he started with & a lot of those brands don't have a great range when it comes to foundation shades. i'm sure he has access to other brands with deeper ranges, but they're probably more expensive & i feel like if he wanted to get a foundation from like MAC for example, he'd rather get it when he's in America.

i personally don't think he's over the top, but i can see how other people would

Posted

I still watch him i mean hes sassy and stuff but it doesnt bother me.  I kind of like his persobality

Posted

I enjoy his reviews and vlogs. Not really here for the tutorials but he does always he's not a professional and some of them are okayish and some of his subscribers definitely enjoy them if he keeps doing it. But yeah he's funny to me (sometimes a bit over the top but I can deal) and his vlogs are really well made. His reviews are usually pretty in depth too. And it doesn't look like he has any major drama going on so that's always good. I enjoy him way more than some other k-beauty-vlog people. Most of them are always only talking how Korea is just So Amazing and "wow after living here I'm so Korean hehe" which I can't stand. And I don't think Edward does that. Sometimes he acts a bit cringey (aka when talking to his Korean friends he uses random Korean words in the sentence. I would understand if he forgot the word but usually they're super basic ones so I really doubt that)

Posted

i enjoy his reviews cause they're very honest. as for his sassy attitude, i actually find it funny especially when he's with his friend yongguk?? from beauty beast. i understand some people may not get his humor and may come off as bitchy. 

also, not to defend him but i don't think he's very insecure cause he actually appears on camera barefaced and not covering any of his acne. i've seen so many beauty gurus who would start with their foundation routine already done cause they don't want people to see their bare face. (i don't buy the "i've already done my face to save time bs, unless it's a tutorial for just a certain technique like contouring, strobing, etc)

Posted

He mentioned PULL in his latest video:

I feel so personally attacked because he generalized the entire thread as negative when there have been plenty of people who have defended him and his makeup (including me) :') 

Posted

there's barely any negativity in his thread... psh.

Posted (edited)

Yikes. It's seriously annoying how actual criticisms are dismissed as ~negativity~

I'm subscribed and follow him on ig/snapchat & I really have nothing too negative to say, but I'm definitely not going to LOVE every single video he puts out. These are all personal opinions, & it's up to him if wants to listen to them or not & I'm not demanding he does but generalizing us all as ~haterz who make him famouz~ when no one said anything that bad ??

I don't see why they can't just use what we've said to improve on what they're already doing instead of the "i dont care, but they're losers & make famous lmao" facade

Edited by angelol