• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4048 posts in this topic

Posted

What'd he say??

if i'm remembering correctly, he just was saying how thankful he was that there wasn't too much about him on this forum and that he recognised someone in this thread and that they are some person who always goes around leaving bad comments about him in other places 

Posted

I'm not into makeup, or at least I don't wear it myself, but I like watching his videos. I especially like the ones where he does makeup on other people just because his interaction with them is nice to see.

Also he loves Monsta X. 'nuff said.

Posted (edited)

Edited by mincedmeat

Posted

I think he's okay. I really liked watching his acne problems and procedure videos, it was nice to see how some would go and why he wanted to get them. I stopped watching because I'm not interested in male makeup right now. And I just feel a little disappointed to see him try hard to look completely East Asian when he's not. But that's his choice to want to look that way if it'll make him happy.

Posted

tbh I quite like his videos, not really his makeup tutorials but his reviews on asian beauty. I personally don't se him trying hard to look "korean" because I guess living in the country and exposure to certain looks and trends can influence this and it's pretty obvious (to me) he's not korean. I do find it kind of awkward when he's with Joan Kim and occasionally he replies to her in little bits of korean like "oh geurae" but she doesn't say anything in korean herself, i'm probably just being extra though lol

Posted

I think he's entertaining enough to listen to him from a different tab, while doing something else. His makeup for guys videos are all kinda same. I mean, he's alright except his nose-contouring being too orange and obvious and the disability of accepting any critics.

5.png

6.png

7.png

Posted

tbh I quite like his videos, not really his makeup tutorials but his reviews on asian beauty. I personally don't se him trying hard to look "korean" because I guess living in the country and exposure to certain looks and trends can influence this and it's pretty obvious (to me) he's not korean. I do find it kind of awkward when he's with Joan Kim and occasionally he replies to her in little bits of korean like "oh geurae" but she doesn't say anything in korean herself, i'm probably just being extra though lol

Omg saaaaaaame lol it is so cringe worthy because his pronunciation is 'meh' and tbh the 'speaking words of a certain language because omg i forgot english!" thing annoys me so much (unless there is literlly no word like that in english) because people honestly just do it to sound like they know whatever language so well that they 'forgot' the word in their original language. I used to do that soooo much until I realized how ridiculous I looked because back then my pronunciation and grammar were all over the place so it looked extra try hard lol

If he were some basic white girl people would be on to him more about it, but he pulls the some "omg cutesy aegyo 왜그래~~~" voice everytime he speaks korean and its annoying lol

I think he's entertaining enough to listen to him from a different tab, while doing something else. His makeup for guys videos are all kinda same. I mean, he's alright except his nose-contouring being too orange and obvious and the disability of accepting any critics.

5.png

6.png

7.png

that nose contouring was sooo distracting. I wish he would draw the lines less apart, because his nose just looks so...unnatural? I don't even think his nose is that bad, and rather tall as well. If anything, it only exaggerates the sides of his nostrils.

He is hilarious though, and has a lot of self awareness when he points out how OTT he can act sometimes. He seems like a fun person to gossip with.

Posted

i can't pinpoint the exact video i saw it in but i remember him saying the n word :notimp: 

Posted

i got you

From November 8 2016

Screenshot_20161228-001435_01.thumb.png.

Meh, I think he was just calling kids in general that, and didnt say anything about forcing English on anybody. And I dont see whats bad about profiting off of an aesthetic either. Korean beauty gurus do western aesthetic looks all the time, as they should be be able to. That stuff is reaching. If you are going to dislike him, go for his crap makeup lol He reminds me if that new covergirl model. Everybody is so mesmerized by a man doing make up, that they overlook the fact that their makeup skills are just just the worst.

But it is funny how he added that bit about the degree in considering he only has a two year degree and got his teaching job only because he had connections with his dad in the army. Does he still work a federal job at the YS? Lmfao.

And he wants to bring politics into it when Korea had a pretty shite president as well. Like whats even the point?

Posted

yeah there's kind of a problem w American expats in Korea cackling because they're "out" of the mess that is America but they they can't really engage in Korean politics as foreigners either so they get to just float above it and make flippant jokes. Those like Edward with large social media audiences are more visible. I don't think he means anything particularly bad by it but it's the same as Canadians laughing at American politics as though Canada doesn't have its own nonsense going on.

Posted

personally i don't see the reason behind hate for him.. i guess the only valid complaint is his "attitude" but recently he's been acknowledging it and toning it down.. i don't think insulting the way he applys his own makeup is necessary bc he likes it and he's not a professional, which he always mentions.. i'm mostly #team edward than anti or whatever

however i have noticed he's been finding himself in some instagram drama lately.. first the girl who commented something along the lines of "whats up with ur lips" and he kinda got into with her and her friends.. and then he said something about intl kpop fans only singing english lyrics in kpop songs and the group in the video he commented towards reacted really negatively (calling edward a twink and squidward etc etc).. i know he has a right to his opinion and the right to defend himself, but as a fan of his i wish he would stop feeding into "haters".. he adds more fuel to a fire than necessary.. he then continued to rant abt the kpop fan situation on snapchat AND THEN he mentioned it on youtube.. i'll continue to support him but he really shouldn't make small comments into a full blown internet war..

Posted

personally i don't see the reason behind hate for him.. i guess the only valid complaint is his "attitude" but recently he's been acknowledging it and toning it down.. i don't think insulting the way he applys his own makeup is necessary bc he likes it and he's not a professional, which he always mentions.. i'm mostly #team edward than anti or whatever

however i have noticed he's been finding himself in some instagram drama lately.. first the girl who commented something along the lines of "whats up with ur lips" and he kinda got into with her and her friends.. and then he said something about intl kpop fans only singing english lyrics in kpop songs and the group in the video he commented towards reacted really negatively (calling edward a twink and squidward etc etc).. i know he has a right to his opinion and the right to defend himself, but as a fan of his i wish he would stop feeding into "haters".. he adds more fuel to a fire than necessary.. he then continued to rant abt the kpop fan situation on snapchat AND THEN he mentioned it on youtube.. i'll continue to support him but he really shouldn't make small comments into a full blown internet war..

ah you put my exact thoughts into words!! i really enjoy edward's videos and i'm glad that he learns from his mistakes and stuff when drama happens, but i also wish he would try and just,, not be involved in drama? like the type of things he gets into are honestly completely avoidable by just ignoring the comment or person, but he gets really defensive and in the end, drama ensues :alpacadone:

Posted

it doesn't help that a lot of his fans are, for lack of a better term, obnoxious teens, and they charge face-first into drama or generate it and it seems like he feels like he has to do damage control? i used to check his snap story every day while i was living in korea and i had to tune out bc it seemed to be less about his life and more discussing drama i'd not witnessed myself. i can't really blame him for that but most of the time he's also not very clear because i think he doesnt want to hurt anyone's feelings while distancing himself from it.

also his fans have this thing where they photoshop pictures of him with his idol crush and they keep popping up in my explore tab and it's driving me nuts. i like that idol and i sometimes enjoy edwards content but instagram it does not mean i want to see this nonsense!!!!