• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4048 posts in this topic

Posted

first post on this thread lol

ive been following this guy for a while and i never actually considered him a koreaboo bc: I THOUGHT HE WAS KOREAN???? like he seemed to speak it fluently and lived there so i just assumed oops ,,,, after going on this thread... i never woulda thought he had a filipino background omg...

now that i know he ISNT filipino, it's really saddening that he would do a lot of things to kinda convince himself that he can be a korean using all these stuff like makeup and yeah.... also i don't think it's the makeup videos now that gets him all the subs, at the moment it's probably all his korea vlogs because i gotta admit hes pretty funny in them and korea vlogs are just nice to watch lol. also maybe the fact hes friends with sunnydahye adds onto his popularity hm?? 

Posted

ive been following this guy for a while and i never actually considered him a koreaboo bc: I THOUGHT HE WAS KOREAN???? like he seemed to speak it fluently and lived there so i just assumed oops ,,,, after going on this thread... i never woulda thought he had a filipino background omg...

now that i know he ISNT filipino, it's really saddening that he would do a lot of things to kinda convince himself that he can be a korean using all these stuff like makeup and yeah.... also i don't think it's the makeup videos now that gets him all the subs, at the moment it's probably all his korea vlogs because i gotta admit hes pretty funny in them and korea vlogs are just nice to watch lol. also maybe the fact hes friends with sunnydahye adds onto his popularity hm?? 

He doesn't look korean to me plus when he speaks korean i can tell he isn't a native speaker ... He has trouble prouncing some words and names sometimes lol. He looks very filipino to me but i think he whitens his skin alot to look pale. 

Posted

His Korean is far from fluent, but he is probably the most 'normal' out of all of the K-vloggers and doesn't try to 'out-Korean' other people some some of the other vloggers *COUGHCOUGHmeganCOUGHCOUGH*

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted (edited)

i have a hard time determining the ethnicities of all of these asian youtubers based in korea. i thought edward was korean and i thought sunnydayhe wasn't korean for a while lol. i have yet to find a korean-centered foreign youtuber that doesn't follow all the latest beauty trends and just looks like a normal foreigner.

edward, megan, bapmokja, all of them look a little 'off' in terms of looks. with the exception of edward, they don't look korean but they seemed to have erased the key points of their western looks...

bapmokja looks so creepy to me but i think its because of his buggy circle lenses lol .. and megan just doesn't interest me at all lol

Edited by 707

Posted

bapmokja looks so creepy to but i think its because of this buggy circle lenses lol .. and megan just doesn't interest me at all lol

i don't watch bapmokja besides when he features in some other people's videos, but yeah his face is really off sometimes lol. I think it's also his foundation? or highlighter? the dimension in his face sometimes looks so weird, like a puffy yet at the same time 2 dimensional look. i think it's his 'dewy' skin look and lack of contouring. 

but i think he reads these kinds of threads lol. hey dude i think you're a nice guy! no hate just your makeup is weird sometimes. :alpacacrush: 

i have a hard time determining the ethnicities of all of these asian youtubers based in korea. i thought edward was korean and i thought sunnydayhe wasn't korean for a while lol. i have yet to find a korean-centered foreign youtuber that doesn't follow all the latest beauty trends and just looks like a normal foreigner.

edward, megan, bapmokja, all of them look a little 'off' in terms of looks. with the exception of edward, they don't look korean but they seemed to have erased the key points of their western looks...

notice edward is also the only one who doesn't have weird romanized korean in his name/online handle.. "chonunmigooksaram" "bapmokja" 

Posted (edited)

I hate to be that guy but a lot of the beauty bloggers based in Korea are hideous with Korean style make up. It makes them look like koreaboos even when they are not.

Edited by P.O

Posted

I hate to be that guy but a lot of the beauty bloggers based in Korean are hideous with Korean style make up. It makes them look like koreaboos even when they are not.

^ megan... she looks just weird with the aegyo sal makeup... and bapmokja just doesn't need large circle lenses i don't know why he bothers. to me, at least, edward knows a "bit" more than other jvloggers because he lives in korea. unlike say heyitsfeii who's just a makeup-koreaboo channel mashup

Posted

I hate to be that guy but a lot of the beauty bloggers based in Korean are hideous with Korean style make up. It makes them look like koreaboos even when they are not.

don't (hate to be that guy). you're completely right. if i had more upvotes left for today i would have given you one for that. 

Posted

I don't hate or like him, I just know his make up skills are terrible lol

I don't hate or like him, I just know his make up skills are terrible lol

Posted

i met him in person once and he seems pretty plain to me compared to his percieved personality online. You can tell he tries really hard to look koren and he gets way too salty when someone says something negative about him. If you put yourself out there in the public eye and can except the postive comments he needs to chill out and learn to accept the negatives too. And actually  i know the real reason he didnt get the nose surgery that he planned, contemplating if i should say it or not.

Posted (edited)

i met him in person once and he seems pretty plain to me compared to his percieved personality online. You can tell he tries really hard to look koren and he gets way too salty when someone says something negative about him. If you put yourself out there in the public eye and can except the postive comments he needs to chill out and learn to accept the negatives too. And actually  i know the real reason he didnt get the nose surgery that he planned, contemplating if i should say it or not.

He's always been talking about how he's trying to save up to afford it but isn't ps in korea really cheap anyway.

Edited by mincedmeat

Posted

why didn't he?? hes always been talking about how hes trying to save up to afford it but isnt ps in korea really cheap anyway..

his surgery was actually sponsored by DA .. so it would have been free for him

Posted

edward posted on his sc story last night  that he read a few stuff on a thread about him and i'm preeeetty sure it was this one, so hi edward!!!! 

nothing bad to say about him from me, i follow him on yt, ig and sc and honestly he is easily my favourite of all the kbeauty ytbers (if that's what ya'll call them).  i love his humor and i enjoy his makeup vids!!  :alpacafedup: i don't really get the hate about him tbh

Posted

edward posted on his sc story last night  that he read a few stuff on a thread about him and i'm preeeetty sure it was this one, so hi edward!!!! 

What'd he say??