• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

4311 posts in this topic

Posted

little on Edward's friend Blue ! This guy just got coronavirus and infected a lot of people in a Sinchon ( next to Hongdae ) club with his French friend. Blue deactivated his comment on instagram and he did a "statement" on his story few days ago. 

His face and instagram profile is shared on all open group chat by Korean on kakao/ blog etc etc 

So the guy who infected a bunch of people in Itaewon is him?

Posted (edited)

Wait... Is this related to the new cluster in Seoul with the ensuing witch hunt and blatant homophobia there right now? With some guy (unknowingly infected already) who went clubbing in some gay/LGBT club, then it spread to a bunch of other people in the area... And now many MANY Koreans are deleting their faces out of gay apps in fear or retribution?

Yes ! He is one of those people :/  he was with his French friend and one of the hospital or I don't know what ( the guys in those big white uniform and medical cask ) came to take them and have some test on them ! 

So many people I know sent messages to blue on IG and he never answered and the French guy just deleted his instagram account because I think he's scared about backlash. 

Also the French guy had fever 2 days before going to the club so it's really irresponsable from him to going out just few days after having some symptoms it's so annoying and irresponsable to act like that because now the second wave is starting here in Korea 

Edited by Haylee

Posted

So the guy who infected a bunch of people in Itaewon is him?

OT but no, the guy that infected a bunch of people at the Itaewon club is a Korean guy.

There are already lots of rumors going around that it's a "foreigners fault" because "only foreigners go to Itaewon" (when it has literally been confirmed numerous times it was a Korean male) and my life has sucked here the last few days so lets not continue to spread this rumor lmao just today my boyfriends grandma refused to let me in her home (where my boyfriend also lives) because I'm a foreigner despite living over 1 hour away from Itaewon so.. yeah.

little on Edward's friend Blue ! This guy just got coronavirus and infected a lot of people in a Sinchon ( next to Hongdae ) club with his French friend. Blue deactivated his comment on instagram and he did a "statement" on his story few days ago. 

His face and instagram profile is shared on all open group chat by Korean on kakao/ blog etc etc 

what was his "statement"? about him having COVID? does anyone have a screenshot by any chance? 

Posted

OT but no, the guy that infected a bunch of people at the Itaewon club is a Korean guy.

Hidden Content

what was his "statement"? about him having COVID? does anyone have a screenshot by any chance? 

No no he just said basically " don't worry I'm fine thank you for your concern" blablabla kinda way ! 

He didn't said like " I have coronavirus" but so many people so him, CCTV have been watched by the medical team in Korea and people faces have been shared on Korean chat group for sure I saw it on my friends phone she showed me. ( she's Korean tho )

It's so fucked up in my opinion 

Posted

Thanks for the info on all that.

At this point, I prefer not to say anything more because on one hand: yeah it isn't really that smart to go out clubbing when you have a fever these days because of the pandemic (if it happened like last year it would have been different); even going clubbing when you don't have symptoms at all at the moment is a bit unwise but on the other hand...

I'd rather not point any kind of finger at anyone because of all the very loud homophobia this case is pushing out front and center, when there was none of that much negative energy deployed when there were all these new cases after a bunch of church services. Some people who are very vocal right now were real quiet when it wasn't linked to the LGBT+ community and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I agree that non-essential activities aren't the priority right now, even when you don't have any symptom (clubs, bars, etc.) But considering that it could have gone any other way: someone café hoping, someone going to the supermarket and not caring about touching everything they see... And that some very loud people don't seem to be able to separate their bigotry/prejudice from the discussion, we'll see how it goes.

Posted (edited)

Yes ! He is one of those people :/  he was with his French friend and one of the hospital or I don't know what ( the guys in those big white uniform and medical cask ) came to take them and have some test on them ! 

So many people I know sent messages to blue on IG and he never answered and the French guy just deleted his instagram account because I think he's scared about backlash. 

Also the French guy had fever 2 days before going to the club so it's really irresponsable from him to going out just few days after having some symptoms it's so annoying and irresponsable to act like that because now the second wave is starting here in Korea 

Do you happen to know the French guys IG?

I’ve run into Blue in the past, from my experience with him he was v kind, it’s unfortunate that this is happening to him.

Also wasn’t a 29 year old Korean also involved and the one who started all of this? Why are only the foreigners being targeted? They also denied Chinese citizens entrance into any clubs/bars back in February when COVID-19 was starting. Are Koreans immune to the virus? Right, Koreans will talk about the unfairness of Asian racism abroad, yet they are openly doing all this racist shit lol. They should seriously learn from Japan.. Japan has refused to reveal the nationality of those infected, saying they should just be treated fairly as a patient, even helping them get masks. 

Edited by BeriBeri

Posted

Do you happen to know the French guys IG?

I’ve run into Blue in the past, from my experience with him he was v kind, it’s unfortunate that this is happening to him.

Also wasn’t a 29 year old Korean also involved and the one who started all of this? Why are only the foreigners being targeted? They also denied Chinese citizens entrance into any clubs/bars back in February when COVID-19 was starting. Are Koreans immune to the virus? Right, Koreans will talk about the unfairness of Asian racism abroad, yet they are openly doing all this racist shit lol. They should seriously learn from Japan.. Japan has refused to reveal the nationality of those infected, saying they should just be treated fairly as a patient, even helping them get masks. 

Itaewon, the neighborhood the clubs are located in, has always historically been a 'foreigner' area. It was the neighborhood foreigners settled in and made an "American town" if you will. For a long time, there was an American army base right next-door to that neighborhood (it has since moved like an hour away). The mark foreigners have left is still seen to this day as really the best place in Korea for authentic Mexican food, middle eastern food, and so on. There are lots of English speaking things there too like clinics, hair shops, etc. 

There is still a large amount of foreigners who live there because the ease of English, the nightlife, etc, but the foreigners that spend most the time there are tourist since Itaewon is stamped as the "must see foreign area!!!" even though it's boring af imo. And even despite the hoards of tourist, the area is still heavily Korean. I honestly want to say even on the top tourist day of the year, there will still be 5 Koreans for every 1 foreigner. I have spent crowded nights in Itaewon where I maybe saw 5 foreigners TOPS.

So, despite the club situation being started by a Korean, people keep blaming foreigners because "it's a foreigner area!" "that's where foreigners live!" etc. Despite Korea releasing the nationality of those infected, the amount of foreigners infected in this situation is so so low. 

I'm generalizing, but I honestly I think the older generation just wants someone else to blame for all of this and it's either the LGBT, the foreigners, or both.

Posted (edited)

5ec48d2027113_Kaachi_Ruth__Edward.thumb.

5ec48daa4c510_Kaachi_Ruth__Edward_02.thu

Edward with a wig on is literally Kaachi's Ruth.  No Edward, you don't look like Key/Kibum or a Korean like you think you do.  

Edited by yes_bey

Posted

No matter how much this self-hating twat tried to hide his Filipino features, they're still there.

Posted

5ec48d2027113_Kaachi_Ruth__Edward.thumb.

5ec48daa4c510_Kaachi_Ruth__Edward_02.thu

Edward is literally Kaachi's Chunseo/Ruth with a wig.  No Edward, you don't look like Key/Kibum or a Korean like you wish you do.  

hold up, he thinks he looks like key?

kibum honey, I am so sorry this ugly cow would say that.

Posted (edited)

No, Edward, you look nothing like Key, you said that to your delusional self, stop making s**t up.  If they did tell you that, they're just trying to make your Korean wannabe ass happy.

Edward reminds me of Hottie (from 'Flavor of Love') when she said she said, "you're just jealous because all my friends think I look like Beyonce".  This time in Edward's case, it's, "you're just jealous because all of my friends think I look like Key/Kibum".  *Everyone bursts out laughing at his delusional ass*  

Edited by yes_bey

Posted

this is really weird to hear as a long time shawol. Delulu idiot.

Posted

this is really weird to hear as a long time shawol. Delulu idiot.

OT but: Happy debut anniversary!!!

Posted

used to watch eddy until I realised how much he wanted to disassociate with being Filipino. What a self hating moron. Don’t need that energy in my life.

his surgeries make him look so fake and at this point he looks like a mr potato head with randomly pasted on features.

When he spoke about the entire kyla thing thing.... oh boy.

Posted

Maybe it's just me but I find his whole BLM post so performative knowing his past of backing up the status quo in Korea denying there's any colourism or anti blackness because he "never personally saw any". Just feels like he posted the BLM picture to keep people from jumping into him for staying silent.