• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4108 posts in this topic

Posted

I honestly don't like Edward Avila, but I also dislike people that are throwing shades here and there, but never spill the whole tea. He should just pull a Tati and come upfront with receipts.

most likely because of defamation. Korea seem to be specificially harsh on that. It can also be he doesn’t want all that drama. (Then again if you don’t want drama don’t give bits and pieces because fans can blow that s*it up worse thqn spilling the tea)

Posted

I think they mean James Charles and Edward are very similar personalities, with being predatory towards straight men and constant uncomfortable sex jokes that no one else in the room likes. 

Yesssss Edward is extremely predatory esp to vav. I feel so bad for them when they have to be around him. Eddie acts like they are vying for his love. And his Koreaboo fanbase make it even worse. 

Posted

Hey do you guys know why edward, whitneybae, aoora, and milesjai all stopped being friends? It was so weird. I wonder what did edward do? Aoora clearly didn't care about whitney if edward made him stop being friends with her OR edward is the real regina george which seems that way. I don't know about you guys, but if me and 1 friend stopped being friends and we had 1 other friend I'm not going to be petty and be like oh you and my former friend can't be friends? Like what????! I mean as long as my former friend doesn't talk shit about me (Whitney isn't the type you can tell she's nice same with miles) who cares? Whitney was friends with another one of edwards friends and they stopped being friends. I wonder what happened? I wouldn't be shocked if edward said some racially insensitive shit and whitney and miles told him, and edward become pissed and they stopped being friends. And edward being regina george told all his friends not to associate with whitney and edward. That's so petty. Edwards friends are even weaker like aren't they all in their 20s to 30s, like this is not high school if you want to be friends with someone BE friends with them. I REALLY thought aoora liked whitney as a friend, guess not. I saw someone say edward and aoora are using each other I can see that. With edward having a million subscribers and having likely more money than them, ANYTHING edward says go. I wouldn't want those type of friends. And I damn sure wouldn't be friends with someone like edward. He would hate me anyway, NO ONE can tell me what to do or who to be friends with.

I can't see aoora being the type to keep a friendship with a foreigner and esp a black one, Whitney. 

Posted

Honestly... I'd rather she keeps doing her own thing in her own corner of the internet / Korea and not associate with them anymore. I actually discovered Edward, Joan AND Aoora through Whitney, thinking she was introducing the viewer to some good people with quality content and boy was I wrong!

The less she hangs out with all these fools, the better it is for Whitney.

Posted (edited)

Edward is leaning toward to be James Charles 2.0

They're essentially twins.  Edward should have joined James' "SISTERS" tour and do his goofy awkward cringe dance and awful lip syncing.  

James_and_Edward.thumb.png.c341a7782282b

Both thirst for straight men who have no reciprocal interest back for them.  The videos with VAV are super cringe and just making a fool of himself with his flirting.  VAV is just taking the piss out of Edward when they flirt back and are just satisfying Edward's needs because they just to appear in more of his videos to gain more exposure.  It's clear VAV are using him.  No matter what, you can never turn a straight man gay, they feel harassed and uncomfortable if you seduce them.  You're not entitled to their love just because you're "famous".  

Both pretty much rely on extreme sass antics to make their videos more 'interesting'.  Both get away with a lot of shit they've done (well, not James anymore) without any repercussions at all; criticising a teenage girl's (Kyla) weight and saying she should be able to lose weight easily because Aoora, a man, could do it so easily when he was overweight at 120kg.  Contouring his nose and using geisha make up because he doesn't want to look like a 'Filipino farmer'.  Saying gay men in Korea shouldn't flaunt their homosexuality pride because they're embarrassing themselves yet his flamboyancy and sass alone is make it easy to clock him, go figure.  Treating friends like shit.  'Loving' a comment calling us Pull users "black haters".  Dismisses POC racism experiences (particularly black people), in Korea because he hasn't experienced any of their problems.  List goes on.  

I mean, the stuff James has done maybe worse, but Edward's fans are extremely loyal and just keep approving his actions, it's quite scary.    

I swear I was going crazy thinking I was one of the only ones that saw how much he was a sexual predator with VAV. The shit just sceeves me. I can't wait until they stop fucking with him bc before you know it there will probably be some shit of him coming onto Ayno too strongly and then vav is fucked from a scandal with him. Or he will lie and say he dated an actual idol this time and hint over and over its Ayno. I can see it coming. (I bring up Ayno so much because he's on aynos ass as much as he's on wonhos now.)

He also does that shit with big Marvel. 

I wonder if eddy will ever be actually called out for all the shit he does or if he will continue to get away with it. 

If I knew how to make vids I'd make one about all the predatory shit he does. Can someone make it? Lol?

Edited by Velvetjin

Posted (edited)

Is Aoora straight? I'm asking because I feel like there was never a definite answer here. A lot of people seem to have assumed he's gay, but I don't remember if it was ever confirmed or if it was just queer-baiting with Eddy for views. 

Also, I'm in the same boat of being introduced to Aoora and Eddy through Whitney. Wasn't Aoora Whitney's friend first as well? Random, but the vibe I got from Whitney and Aoora's interactions were also the using, clout-chasing (on Aoora's end) kind, but (and call me out if this sounds crazy) also...kind of unrequited crushing on Aoora's end too? However, Whitney seems completely clueless/childish when it comes to navigating any sort of romantic interactions outside of fangirling, so that likely made it easier to cut her off when he started working and living more seriously with Edward and co. I don’t think being a foreigner was ever going to be an issue for her (in regards to friendships) since she speaks Korean and has been living/working there long term. Aoora strikes me more as the type to cut off someone like Whitney because of the lack of opportunities she provides, not because she's a foreigner or there's a language barrier. I mean, he lives with Edward, and Edward doesn't speak Korean.

Again, call me out if this sounds crazy/delusional. 

Edited by ZapGold
Clarity

Posted

I don't think Aoora is publicly out nor do I think his sexuality is anyone's business, but I am pretty sure he isn't straight.

Posted

I don't think Aoora is publicly out nor do I think his sexuality is anyone's business, but I am pretty sure he isn't straight.

I only brought it up because honestly, the gay-baiting with Edward has never felt genuine. It always felt opportunistic and like a calculated business move. And I can't believe him cutting off Whitney had anything to do with her being a non-Asain or non-white foreigner, and more to do with things being just business. 

He lives and works with Edward. Edward's responsible for a decent portion of his audience for his vlogs and music. Edward writes the English titles for his videos. Yet Edward doesn't treat him well; in fact, I'd venture to say he treats Aoora and Big Marvel like they should be grateful to be associating with him because he obviously is the reason they have any success in the first place. 

I firmly believe that if Whitney offered that kind of opportunity to him too, he'd still be hanging off of her and trying to get in front of her camera in whatever way could be profitable. But Whitney had to have not been feeling him like that in order to be so easy for him to cut her off after he got involved with Eddy. 

Not trying to out the guy or say that he definitely is straight, gay, bi, or whatever. Nor do I feel like he has to out himself. It's just when I see vlog titles like this - 

- I don't feel like that's all his doing, and all just a business move by him and Edward to keep the international fangirls happy. 

Posted (edited)

I only brought it up because honestly, the gay-baiting with Edward has never felt genuine. It always felt opportunistic and like a calculated business move. And I can't believe him cutting off Whitney had anything to do with her being a non-Asain or non-white foreigner, and more to do with things being just business. 

He lives and works with Edward. Edward's responsible for a decent portion of his audience for his vlogs and music. Edward writes the English titles for his videos. Yet Edward doesn't treat him well; in fact, I'd venture to say he treats Aoora and Big Marvel like they should be grateful to be associating with him because he obviously is the reason they have any success in the first place. 

I firmly believe that if Whitney offered that kind of opportunity to him too, he'd still be hanging off of her and trying to get in front of her camera in whatever way could be profitable. But Whitney had to have not been feeling him like that in order to be so easy for him to cut her off after he got involved with Eddy. 

Not trying to out the guy or say that he definitely is straight, gay, bi, or whatever. Nor do I feel like he has to out himself. It's just when I see vlog titles like this - 

- I don't feel like that's all his doing, and all just a business move by him and Edward to keep the international fangirls happy. 

I didn't know Aoora lived with Edward? I don't watch Edward like that, BUT I do watch Whitney and Whitney would always let him have some camera time or put the camera on him. I guess with him living with Edward he dropped her. Like I said Edward probably told him not to be friends with her OR he didn't tell Aoora not to be friends with her, but because he knows Edward is petty he dropped her because Edward provides him with a home. That's so crazy. Edward REALLY has power of many of his friends. With Aoora being older, you would think he would run things or at least stand his ground and not follow someone younger? But I guess the age hierarchy means shit when the younger one is making more money and is more successful than the one who is older.

I can't see aoora being the type to keep a friendship with a foreigner and esp a black one, Whitney. 

You think so? Someone mentioned that Aoora lives with Edward which is why. I think Edward clearly has power over them. Aoora clearly wants to make money and have a youtube channel (I THINK he already has one with his model friends) like Edward. So I guess because he knows how ridiculous Edward is, he dropped her. That's fucked up to me on his side and Edwards. I remember she posted about losing friends or something like that and she seemed I think it was about Aoora and Edward. It's really fucked up to hang with someone a lot and than drop them because you chose sides. Like how can any adult with a brain choose sides? If I was Aoora I would have stayed out of it and continued to be friends with her, but it's obvious he didn't care about her enough. Like I said Whitney is clearly not the type who likes drama or would bash Edward so it makes no sense why Aoora would stop being friends with her unless he's trying not to ruin his relationship with Edward which increases his possibility of making money, having connections, and a successful youtube career.

Edited by Redcakke

Posted

I didn't know Aoora lived with Edward? I don't watch Edward like that, BUT I do watch Whitney and Whitney would always let him have some camera time or put the camera on him. I guess with him living with Edward he dropped her. Like I said Edward probably told him not to be friends with her OR he didn't tell Aoora not to be friends with her, but because he knows Edward is petty he dropped her because Edward provides him with a home. That's so crazy. Edward REALLY has power of many of his friends. With Aoora being older, you would think he would run things or at least stand his ground and not follow someone younger? But I guess the age hierarchy means shit when the younger one is making more money and is more successful than the one who is older.

Yep. Eddie, the guy from Under19, lives with Edward too I believe. But Edward seems to have the sense to keep that relationship mostly behind the scenes, whether it's because Eddie is underage or because Eddie's both not Asian and openly gay so he'd probably have to cater to fangirls who want to see him in a relationship with another openly gay person if he brought him on screen more often. 

Posted

Is Aoora straight? I'm asking because I feel like there was never a definite answer here. A lot of people seem to have assumed he's gay, but I don't remember if it was ever confirmed or if it was just queer-baiting with Eddy for views. 

Also, I'm in the same boat of being introduced to Aoora and Eddy through Whitney. Wasn't Aoora Whitney's friend first as well? Random, but the vibe I got from Whitney and Aoora's interactions were also the using, clout-chasing (on Aoora's end) kind, but (and call me out if this sounds crazy) also...kind of unrequited crushing on Aoora's end too? However, Whitney seems completely clueless/childish when it comes to navigating any sort of romantic interactions outside of fangirling, so that likely made it easier to cut her off when he started working and living more seriously with Edward and co. I don’t think being a foreigner was ever going to be an issue for her (in regards to friendships) since she speaks Korean and has been living/working there long term. Aoora strikes me more as the type to cut off someone like Whitney because of the lack of opportunities she provides, not because she's a foreigner or there's a language barrier. I mean, he lives with Edward, and Edward doesn't speak Korean.

Again, call me out if this sounds crazy/delusional. 

I don't think aoora is straight at all and I'm not one to say a man's gay ever. But I'm 1,000% sure aoora is a gay ahjussi. Wait are you saying aoora had a crush on Whitney? Or Whitney does on him?

Whitney makes me cringe flirting and coming onto Asian men because they never show it back. Like when she got her photo edited she kept asking the men if she was pretty and it was ugh. 

Aoora deff comes off as if he wouldn't be friends with Whitney if Eddie wasn't. Or keep a black friend. Just my assumptions. 

Posted

But I guess the age hierarchy means shit when the younger one is making more money and is more successful than the one who is older.

haha there's a saying in korean that if (by speaking in a male's perspective) someone has a higher income/has more money than you, you call him hyung no matter what. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think aoora is straight at all and I'm not one to say a man's gay ever. But I'm 1,000% sure aoora is a gay ahjussi. Wait are you saying aoora had a crush on Whitney? Or Whitney does on him?

Whitney makes me cringe flirting and coming onto Asian men because they never show it back. Like when she got her photo edited she kept asking the men if she was pretty and it was ugh. 

Aoora deff comes off as if he wouldn't be friends with Whitney if Eddie wasn't. Or keep a black friend. Just my assumptions. 

I was saying the bolded at first, but now I don't think so. I see more as the type to flirt on camera to get ahead, and Whitney probably wasn't feeling it as much at some point, especially since he introduced her to cuter Asian men to ogle (i.e. those Japanese models). Yeah, her thirsting is cringy but tbh with her it never seems to go further than that for her, imo, because she has no idea how to make things go further than that. There are unambiguous black women who have reciprocated romantic interactions in Korea. Whitney just doesn't seem to know how to make romance happen after fangirling from what she shows on camera. There have been interactions between her and other Asian men, believe it or not, where the flirting was mutual. I just get the vibe that she has super low self-esteem, so relationships are out of the question. Like you said, she was kind of begging for approval in that photoshoot /photoshop video,  and I think that has everything to do with her confidence not being the best. 

I also don't personally get super, 1000% gay from Aoora mostly because the constant baiting he does with Eddy seems so forced and planned, like a business move. Of course, he could still be very much gay, but that's his business at the end of the day. 

As for the italicized, what makes you say that? Wasn't Aoora Whitney's friend first? Pretty sure I remember her saying they met because they go to the same church or something. I really don't get the vibe that he couldn't keep a black friend at all. I more get the vibe that they just stopped interacting naturally when he started working more seriously with Edward and moved in with him. 

Why do you assume that? Is there anything he's done to make you assume that, or is this just an opinion of yours? Genuinely curious.

Edited by ZapGold

Posted

Which straight guy wears thigh highs?

I do think that the interactions between Aoora and Avila were baiting for the fetishizing fangirls, but not really queer baiting because both of them are queer?