• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4035 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The label was jealous of my COVER song so they called off the collab....

to hear him say this with a straightface was cringeworthy. If the collab was going to be good for the artist the A&R team would have no reason to decline. They probably looked into Edward and saw how much of a thirsty cringefest he is and decided that associating with him wouldn't be good for the group's image. IF they even considered the collab at all, since they took the meeting as a favor for his "well connected friend" it's possible they just humored him and never planned to go along with any of it. Either way there's no such thing as a record label being jealous of a Youtuber with 1 mil who can't sing making a cover and thus banning him from doing any work with the group. This dude has zero qualifications in the first place and the fact that he isn't even Korean but tries so hard to look it can't possibly help. He's embarassing.

Also if you think about this with any form of logic, why would Edward's cover (not like he can actually write songs..) doing "well" would lose the A&R's team's decision making power? What? Like they get fired and Edward's the new honcho? In what world lol. People use ghost writers and other collabs all the fucking time.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

I wonder how his “friend” feels with Edward spreading this type of bs 😩

Posted (edited)

umm does he not realize making a video like this is not going to help him if he is trying to get into the industry ... also he didn't get this opportunity based on his talent he got it based off his friends connections....they probably had them record and then did not like what they heard so they axed it thats the business not everyone is going to like you...

They heard it did not like it, they looked into you did not feel you were on brand so they decided it was not worth it... 

also lmao if it was so good the A&R team would've okayd it because it would benefit the group and company... like what would they be threatened by??! he keeps saying "I am not saying that collabing with me would've made them pop off but I have such a large platform and would be able to get their name out there etc" and its like No Edward that is what you are saying, but in reality you don't hold that much power and influence over kpop fans..also how he kept mentioning how they were asking for him to show them makeup and skincare and I'm like...¬¬¬¬ I felt he was trying to make it seem like they were fawning over him and so enthralled and are now super devastated this collab isnt happening cause the amazing Eddie now cant show them how to put on their makeup and get skin like his... ugh this guy

Edited by Merekat20

Posted

I doubt their A&R rejected because they feel threatened. It’s probably because they’ve checked out Trophy Cat’s works & didn’t feel like a tropical house remix gonna help the group out. I mean lbr, is there any other genre that TC can do? Tropical house already passed its time in K-pop (thank God!). I work in a major record label. If the offer benefits them & doesn’t conflict with artists’ schedule, rarely A&R would reject them. And if the group is indeed ONF, why does Ed seriously think he’s more famous than them? If anything, ONF are more known in Korea than his D-list “insider” friends.

Posted

If it would have benefited the group but they felt threatened by the song, A&R could have agreed to the collab but rejected the song cover idea. 

Why make it so difficult?

Posted (edited)

You could tell at the end by the way he was talking about the maknae that he wasn't upset at the lost collab but rather the lost chance to thirst over Korean boys lmaooooo also I'm LIVING for this video because he just shot himself in the foot and no entertainment company will ever want to work with him after they see how unprofessional he is (bonus points for mentioning the ACE incident again to further prove to companies he has nothing to offer and is trashy af)

And lol why is he still using Korean words his kboo audience won't understand? Why is he so dense?

Edited by Read

Posted

His latest video is just a mess.... all his fans were confused in the comments because he's so hard to understand + edgy editing doesn't help make things clearer. Anyways, I doubt the company backed out of the collab because they felt threatened by Trophycat but rather they didn't want to be associated with them in any case the song did blow up. He himself said the AR team mentioned Aoora's past so that indicates they did their research on all of them and they didn't like what they found. Assuming the group is ONF like people have been suggesting, are they really struggling as much as he said? I don't follow a lot of boy groups so I wouldn't know. Even if they were, the way he was talking about them made it seem as if the company should have been begging him for a collab... his video with VAV brought the group international fans for sure but he didn't even put them in title at first and the way he interacts with these idols just makes me uncomfortable. All in all this video was really immature? I guess. Whining that a big company your friend had to pull strings for, didn't want to work with you makes you look pathetic. I think out of all the youtube videos struggling idols could do, collaborating with all of these kboo youtubers is not the way to go tbh

just recently a rookie group named Oneus collaborated with a girl named Haeun (she does cover dances and she was in the mma last year and this year AND she has 3 mil subs) that video alone has 2 million views, the behind the scenes already has 1 million views and so many korean and international fans are checking them out, that's how you do a proper collaboration to get your name out. But making videos with people who are using you for clout and just want to leech of your idol status? no thanks. 

And finally the ACE issue, he acts as if he was a victim of this failed collab. What he said about Kyla is inexcusable and when we start to think about it, let's just say he said those things about an ACE member since they're idols too.... would we want them to do a video together after that? NO so I'm glad they didn't do a video together. Jesus, this guy thinks he can just meet all these idols and lust after them but then not care about them as human beings when the time comes. That's it rant done. 

Posted (edited)

The amount of times you keep typing "lol" makes me insanely think you're Edward himselfxD  Edward definitely looks non Korean for any person with eyes.

You're either a troll or literally Edward WKing himself so quit being obvious LOL. 

Just Edward uses lol now? Quit it.

Edited by arinbunny

Posted (edited)

The group's A&R rejected the collab because Eddy and Trophy Cat's remix cover of a B1A4 song was so good that they felt threatened? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Of all the videos they were planning this remix cover feels like it would benefit ONF the least I mean the boys wouldn't even be in the video (shouldn't they cover a ONF song?) and the song isn't that popular internationally yet the reason to call it off was this video and it was because they did it too well?? Sounded more like the A&R team upon further thought rejected the whole collab because they realized there wasn't that much to gain and the little it may gain is not worth being associated with Eddy and Aoora (since he is half of Trophy Cat). ONF should upload some dance covers of popular boy group songs, I feel that would gain them more true international fans than collabing with Eddy.

Edited by RainyDay

Posted

Jesus did he snort a line of adderall before filming? I only watch two minutes and his rambling was choppy and not just because of the editing. Every time he said something he interjected himself with a random side comment and/or checked his greasy self out. Does he always talk like that? 

Posted (edited)

If it would have benefited the group but they felt threatened by the song, A&R could have agreed to the collab but rejected the song cover idea. 

Why make it so difficult?

I think that is what they did. He says that A&R said they could do the other videos, just not the collab and apparently it was his friend who had connections who then rejected that idea because he felt insulted that they would be filming to promote ONF for free while the label wouldn't let them release the cover together as Edward's 'benefit' in the whole deal (aside from being content for his channel etc). I'm not sure how the friend could have rejected the counter deal outright without talking to Eddie in the first place. I'm also confused as to why he brought so many of his friends to the meeting as his team except for show, when it mostly seemed like Friday would be the only one involved as the one who remixed the song.

Could anyone explain what happened with ACE?

Edited by druzy

Posted

I think that is what they did. He says that A&R said they could do the other videos, just not the collab and apparently it was his friend who had connections who then rejected that idea because he felt insulted that they would be filming to promote ONF for free while the label wouldn't let them release the cover together as Edward's 'benefit' in the whole deal (aside from being content for his channel etc). I'm not sure how the friend could have rejected the counter deal outright without talking to Eddie in the first place. I'm also confused as to why he brought so many of his friends to the meeting as his team except for show, when it mostly seemed like Friday would be the only one involved as the one who remixed the song.

Could anyone explain what happened with ACE?

When he was in the process of making a collaboration video with ACE, he posted on his instagram story that if anyone wanted him to ask the members questions they could send those to him. Because of his controversy with Kyla, someone from Ace's fandom emailed their company and basically told them that if this collaboration went through the fans were going to boycott the group because Edward is problematic. The company then let him know that the collab wouldn't be happening and he got upset. 

As for his friend and the A&R team, the whole story had me confused. I feel like if he really wanted to help this group gain exposure like he said he did, then why not go ahead and make the videos anyway. He wouldn't have had to film 5 videos or anything if he didn't want to - 1 could have been enough. The cover song was also a bad idea in the first place, his bad vocals plus a remixed song that wasn't popular to begin with wouldn't have made the group blow up or anything. I don't know, I enjoy some of his content but I'm not a fan of his videos with idols or when he talks about the kpop industry in general. 

Posted

I just cackle that he thinks he has enough influence in the Kpop world to make a difference in their careers

this has been said 500000 times, but people just dont seem to understand it: Western fans do NOT bring in money for kpop idols, so watching their videos online and "stanning" them and being their "biggest fan" online is great and all, but will that really help ONF or ACE? No. No, it won't. And Edward has NO power in the Korean kpop world, just international "fans" who are delusional enough to think Edward is actually an insider in Kpop when he can barely speak a lick of Korean and has made no effort to integrate himself in any way.

I 100% agree that he just wanted a chance to lust after some more kpop guys and pretend he is actually a part of kpop and not a friend of a nugu not even idol

Posted

After watching his video and reading the comments, I saw a comments that made sense...  This is by Sugar Plum '' Of course 'from what Edward described" but realistically an A&R team isn't going to be "jealous" of some random amateur showing up with a cover song. It sounds like a shitload of lip service....that's what happens when you get a meeting off of someone's connections but with no real qualifications for the job. Maybe the A&R team looked into Edward's background and found the stuff about him thinking he dated an idol etc etc....you have to be careful who you associate yourself with in the public eye.'' 

Now, no company in South Korea will work with some random guy like Edward who is openly gay and makes comments like...'' sucking d*** ''  and makes rude comments about Kpop idols... he has a unhealthy obsession with Wonho to the point that he makes sexual comments about him... I feel bad for Friday, as he is a talented musician and I believe he can go places and beyond... but, he needs to seperate himself from Edward and '' possibly '' Aoora... 

Posted (edited)

Has Edward never heard the piece of advice saying be wary of what you post online because your future employer could see it? Like he makes videos about controversial topics, claims he dated an idol, has worked with big marvel who has a terrible reputation in korea, has subpar music and vocals, unashamedly talks about sucking dick, etc and he wonders why an employer might not want to work with him. this isn't high school lmao there's no jealous vendettas. he's just not the right fit and that's it. but i bet he's gonna get a ton of more job offers after bashing this company online, because every employer loves to know that the second things go wrong, you have no problem airing your dirty laundry to your thousands of followers.

(ignore the images i can't get rid of them)

rin3.JPG

rin.JPG

Edited by puppup