• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4091 posts in this topic

Posted

I find it hilarious that it was his fans who went on a witch hunt to find out who his ex was and not his "haterz from the forums". So sorry Edward, we have failed you.

As some have mentioned above, I agree that Edward might have purposely included some clues about who his ex might be, hoping that he would be exposed and have his fans go after him. All that talk about how his ex didn't look like idol material just encourages his koreaboo fans to want to find out who this guy was. I pity the guy but he chose the wrong man to mess with.

Posted

He said that his ex was a trainee from a big company and has few famous groups already. 

But arent trainees not allowed to date? Even in small companies. And i believe theres supposedly like someone that manages trainee and if they got caught theyd be expelled instantly? Lol? 

But anyways who tf would date edward’s ugly stanky ass lmao 

Posted

Not every company has dating bans but the real reach was that his ex said that people at his company KNEW about him and Edward and were SUPPORTIVE. What company would be encouraging a trainee they are investing in to be in a gay relationship with an openly gay guy with a huge online following and runs his mouth? Talk about a career ending scandal. Mr. Keeping It Real for the Kids on the Internet should have peeped that out as a stretch.

I'm not trying to do this to sound racist, but especially in Asian culture? I'm Asian, and I get it's 2018 and all but homosexual relationships are still kind of really taboo in Asia. I know they're opening up to LGBT+ things more, but like it was said -- in a K-pop company, with a ROOKIE group, esp. looking at the whole HyunA and E'Dawn scandal?? No chance.

exactly! especially since he said he was from a big company. if his fans are right and he was lying about being from sm, there's no way that sm would let a trainee date, especially date someone like edward, no matter how accepting they were (which tbh, i can't see sm being too kind to people in their company having homosexual relationships, if they're even allowed to date at all) because sm has an image to maintain. i am finding it really hard to believe that edward actually believed this guy for a year and a half.

Posted

SM idols date, SM just has the resources and influence to keep things underwraps and they have quite a few suspected to be gay idols so I don't know about that. But if I would make a guess as to which big company the ex would have lied about, it would be JYP. They not only have a lot of trainees, but regularly will drop trainees but recommend them to other companies so the ex could change it up that he was no longer there but at a different company but still have his JYP connections. Also Joan and them already have connections to JYP through Jae and because there are so many former JYP trainees spread through the industry, it's more believable that they would have the report with someone in JYP enough to name drop a trainee and get an answer, let alone have a conversation long enough for the topic to come up. Like do we really see Joan of all people chatting up some idol from SM? When she met Sehun he just like took a picture and kept it moving, lol.

Posted (edited)

SM idols date, SM just has the resources and influence to keep things underwraps and they have quite a few suspected to be gay idols so I don't know about that. But if I would make a guess as to which big company the ex would have lied about, it would be JYP. They not only have a lot of trainees, but regularly will drop trainees but recommend them to other companies so the ex could change it up that he was no longer there but at a different company but still have his JYP connections. Also Joan and them already have connections to JYP through Jae and because there are so many former JYP trainees spread through the industry, it's more believable that they would have the report with someone in JYP enough to name drop a trainee and get an answer, let alone have a conversation long enough for the topic to come up. Like do we really see Joan of all people chatting up some idol from SM? When she met Sehun he just like took a picture and kept it moving, lol.

i wasn’t saying that sm idols don’t date, sm idols have dated in the open before so i know that they can. what i meant was, sm is strict with their trainees (and rookies) so it’s unlikely they’d let trainees date. they especially wouldn’t want a trainee to date someone who’s semi famous and outspoken like edward because, like i said, sm has an image they want to maintain and edward doesn’t exactly seem to match with that. i also only mentioned sm because that’s what a lot of fans were saying, i didn’t mean that’s what i thought. you could be right, his ex couldve been lying about being from jyp, the points you made seem like they could be true and i personally agree with you, it would be easier for him to lie about being from jyp and for edward and his crew to have connections from there. i was just saying that a lot of fans mentioned sm and was saying why i didn’t believe it (and kind of tying it into why edward shouldn’t have believed it either, regardless of what company they said they were from because when you think about it, if the ex lied about jyp edward should have known straight away because jyp is known for their five year dating ban that starts from when a group debuts. their trainees are also not allowed to date. though i guess his ex could have used the dating ban excuse to keep edward quiet, i don’t remember if edward mentioned dating bans in his video).

Edited by snoopywoo

Posted

yall i think its... its... spins the wheel... gdragon from yg?! :harharplz:

You mean jennie from yg right? Joan took a pic with her once so by dumb koreaboo logic that means they're now bffs

Posted (edited)

I think it really doesn't matter who the ex is, what company he lie about being in, or everything else. 

What really matters here is that everyone agrees that anyone with a clear mind would know that something was wrong with the guy (his ex) and will never believe in whatever he said. Clearly, Edward isn't in his right mind when he dragged on the relationship for a year and a half. Whatever reason(s) for him to keep the relationship is up for speculations but I personally doubt it is because of the macarons like he mentioned in the video. How heavenly must the macarons be for someone to be willing to stay with someone? *ps: I got quite irritated with how Edward pronounces foreign words (macarons and Korean words).* 

I do agree that he may have the hidden agenda of having people outting the ex though. He gave too much information that helps with identifying him.  

Edited by mitsukuni

Posted

When the video first came out I was scrolling through the comments, being nosy as usual and I read a comment (probably buried through all the comments now) that intrigued me. The person claimed to know the ex and stated that there’s 2 sides to every story and Eddie isn’t completely innocent in all of this (which honostly, I completely believe) 

its strange to me that for a year and a half all of these red flags would pop up for him and even his friends would say “be careful I don’t think he is who he says he is” and he chose to completely ignore everyone? Even his own gut feeling? Which, by the way he explains the situation he never questioned his ex about his suspicions? Ok. 

Posted (edited)

I think it really doesn't matter who the ex is, what company he lie about being in, or everything else. 

What really matters here is that everyone agrees that anyone with a clear mind would know that something was wrong with the guy (his ex) and will never believe in whatever he said. Clearly, Edward isn't in his right mind when he dragged on the relationship for a year and a half. Whatever reason(s) for him to keep the relationship is up for speculations but I personally doubt it is because of the macarons like he mentioned in the video. How heavenly must the macarons be for someone to be willing to stay with someone? *ps: I got quite irritated with how Edward pronounces foreign words (macarons and Korean words).* 

I do agree that he may have the hidden agenda of having people outting the ex though. He gave too much information that helps with identifying him.  

because Edward is an attention seeker, and he was hoping his boyfriend would somehow make it big. he's always hinting about how he has friends and connections in the kpop industry so in his mind, dealing with the lies was better than leaving and losing on the possibility of using that boy to actually get into the industry later on.

like seriously, who in their right mind stays in a relationship with someone because of some damn macarons??? just buy yourself some and keep it moving

i honestly don't know what prompted that video but considering the fact that he gave a lot of info and people are actually trying to fing who this boy is, i'm guessing at some point during the last few months Edward realized that he was nowhere near where he actually wants to be (you know, getting invited to major awards shows and knowing more famous people and all of that). No doubt he already knew while in the relationship that something was fishy, but something must have triggered him to actually post this, and i think it might be him finally reflecting on his failed "career" (even if its just a little bit). so instead of working harder, he decided to be petty about it and expose someone's sexuality to the public. 

Edited by htttps

Posted (edited)

I've been a lurker for awhile but I just wanted to say that I completely agree with you. There were so many warning signs yet he chose to ignore them (I say chose because if he really believed those lies then he may actually be dumber than I thought). I think it's pretty known that the ex lied about being in SM, one of the strictest entertainment companies so that alone should have been an indication that he was lying. I'm pretty sure his ex was the one that lied about D.O thinking Monsta X was a video game or the one that told Eddy that he had seen RV'S music video weeks before it was released. In that reaction video you can hear Eddy asking him "you saw it two weeks ago right, how is it" or something like that and the guy just says some vague thing about the production lol like he didn't even know what to say.. his whole story just made me see Aoora in a different way though, I always thought they were using each other for clout but maybe he cares lol

edit: also to add, the ex probably was the one that told him that RV watches his videos lol 

Edited by moooooooos