• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Breakout

13 posts in this topic

Posted

hi guys! i need tips for:

• old poppep pimple scars
  • wens
  • noseblackheads
  • whiteheads

i used to have an amazing skin and i've been dealing with these for the past 4 months ._. 

Posted

• wens
  • noseblackheads
  • whiteheads

i used to have an amazing skin and i've been dealing with these for the past 4 months ._. 

Scars are difficult. You can try a variety of creams, but you should probably consult a dermatologist, esp if you want to consider trying laser or needling procedures. Obviously, giving scars time can help as they will fade eventually.

Dunno what a wen is.

Biore makes strips for black heads, you can also DIY strips or do an egg white mask, give it a google. 

Whiteheads: You can easily treat these. Use a gentle face wash specified for acne and follow up with a moisturizer and spot treatment such as Clearasil or Benzyl Peroxide (or something containing BP or salicylic acid) However its important to find the cause for the whiteheads. It could be poor diet (for example, too much sugar, too much diary. Are you maybe intolerant?) lack of sleep, unwashed pillow cases, or hormonal issues. If your breakouts persist, see a doctor who can prescribe antibiotics. these work from the inside to help your skin, while you can apply whatever works on the outside.

Posted

From my experience, I can recommend using Nivea creme on scars to help them fade. I also use "Effaclar Duo" from La Roche-Posay on my skin to even out my complexion and for a fast disapperance of pimples.

For whiteheads I may recommend a stronger facewash (for example the orange Neutrogena facewash with salicylic acid or "Fresh Farmacy" by Lush), which you apply either in the evening or in the morning. After using the stronger facewash , I would also use a soft cleanser to get rid of anything, that the stronger product left on your skin - I prefer an anti-allergic foam cleanser by Avène, which you apply in the morning and in the evening. You can also use the stronger product twice a day, if your skin can handle this. My skin was irritated by using it twice, so I stick with using it only once a day. This routine will prevent whiteheads from appearing.

If a whitehead appears, it's important to know the right time for popping. When the skin on the head of the pimple is still sort of glowy and the white color doesn't appear as strong, it is not ready to be popped. After popping, cool the area with an ice bag to reduce swelling. When the skin on the people is "closed" and is not becoming wet anymore, you may apply moisturizer or another sort of cream. I use the Effaclar Duo one I mentioned earlier. It's important to leave the spot alone after this! Only apply your chosen product in the morning and the evening and avoid touching the area throughout the day. If there is only a red spot on your skin left eventually, you may use the Nivea cream for scar prevention again.

I don't have any tips for blackheads though.

This is what I do and what works for me usually, I have combination skin and most of my pimples appear on my chin, so my treatment applies to that. I don't mean to promote any of the products, I just think it's easier to understand the steps if you can link them to an item. You still need to find the products that are best for your complexion.

Posted

Please don't use pore strips to remove blackheads from your nose. This can be incredibly damaging - pores can be permanently enlarged if used too much. Also be wary about what you see on YouTube DIY masks/other beauty tricks. Many can be damaging long term!!

Instead, incorporate oil cleansing (OCM) and particularly a chemical exfoliant into your routine. For blackheads definitely go with a BHA chemical exfoliant - it's a lot safer than pore strips/improper use of stainless steel pore/pimple extractors and is probably the most effective way of removing blackheads (and mild acne!). I'd say try Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant - so many people call it (and other BHA exfoliants) the holy grail of skincare products, and I agree! It's not immediate like pore strips are, but over I'd say maybe 2+ weeks after you start you should see dramatic changes. Although it all depends on the person, may take longer or less. Just remember that using a BHA means SUNSCREEN, you do not want to get sunburn with the active ingredients in BHA exfoliants. This will help with whiteheads/redness too.

If by wens you mean lipomas, you'll have to have an operation to remove them. Not aware of any option other than going under the knife. Also do it ASAP if it's on your face or somewhere you care about, it could get larger and hence the future scar would be larger.

I'm not familiar with acne scars, haven't done too much research. Definitely head over to reddit's /r/SkincareAddiction though, so so so much great info there.

Also while OCM and the BHA exfoliant I recommended should work for all skin types, it's important you figure out what you are. Finally, remember to always patch test products!!

Good luck! ^_^

Posted

This is all from my personal experience, and I can't guarantee it will suit your skin type, but mine is dry/sensitive and prone to hormonal acne for some background. Oh, and I'm in my early 20s. 

The most drastic difference I've seen in my skin has been in the past 3 years that I've been using a 10 step Korean skin care routine. They're pretty popular these days, so it shouldn't be hard to find the products. I rec a full routine for you if you feel like it. I deal with scarring too, and these are a few things that have helped me out a lot. Vitamin C based serums and ferment based essences have helped clear up my scarring, as well as chemical exfoliates. Essences help increase cell turn over rate, which is ideal to improve scarring, whilst vitamin C is great at lightening scars and comes in many forms.

I recommend either the OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum, or the Klairs Vitamin C Freshly Juiced Serum. When using products with vitamin C, it's really important to use a sunscreen daily. 

For essence, it really depends on your skin type and budget, but the Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence is a great inexpensive alternative to the SK II Facial Treatment Essence, both of which I ADORE. 

For exfoliant, chemical based is much kinder to the skin, as others have said BHA exfoliants are great for blackheads. For general exfoliation, I suggest trying the Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel, or the SkinPep Brightening Enzyme Acid Peel,which is lactic and glycolic acid based.

To treat blackheads, try the Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead kit, but skip step 2, the dreading pore strip. Step 1 will coax blackheads to the surface, and then you can use either a comodone extractor or a cotton swab to push them out. Afterwards, use step 3, a soothing essence, which is mostly to help with step 2 but it's nice to use anyway.

For whiteheads, it depends what kind they are, but I like to use the Mario Badescu Drying Cream, it dries up under the skin bumps a treat. 

You won't see any immediate effect - for a faster change you'll need to see a dermatologist - but if you stick to a good skincare routine you should see changes within a couple of months. 

Posted

• wens
  • noseblackheads
  • whiteheads

i used to have the same problem but now my skin has gone so much better than before. I would like to recommend some amazing korean skincares. For scars use the ost vitamin c serum.this serum is really amazing it worked on mine.it helps to fade the scar and for blackheads use the cosrx blackhead power liquid.and for whitehead use the jeju volcanic peel off nose mask. Also try to exfoliate your skin once a week. Also i would like to recommend all the skincare products from this korean brand called cosrx,specially the pimple pads for exfoliation and pimples. I hope this is helpful.

Posted

i used to have the same problem but now my skin has gone so much better than before. I would like to recommend some amazing korean skincares. For scars use the ost vitamin c serum.this serum is really amazing it worked on mine.it helps to fade the scar and for blackheads use the cosrx blackhead power liquid.and for whitehead use the jeju volcanic peel off nose mask. Also try to exfoliate your skin once a week. Also i would like to recommend all the skincare products from this korean brand called cosrx,specially the pimple pads for exfoliation and pimples. I hope this is helpful.

I agree with using Cosrx products. Their pimple patches would work very nicely as well if you get any inflammation since it acts as a barrier so you can't pick at it and protects it from bacteria and accidental trauma (like your nail hitting your blemish) while slowly sucking out all the oils and impurities that make a blemish. They would work on the wens, but you have to use the patches multiple times since they're deeply rooted.

Posted

I agree with using Cosrx products. Their pimple patches would work very nicely as well if you get any inflammation since it acts as a barrier so you can't pick at it and protects it from bacteria and accidental trauma (like your nail hitting your blemish) while slowly sucking out all the oils and impurities that make a blemish. They would work on the wens, but you have to use the patches multiple times since they're deeply rooted.

ohh i was talking about the cosrx pimple pads not the pimple patches. Its a cotton pads soaked in a liquid and its like your toner with the cotton pads,something you would use before the moisturizer. 

Posted

ohh i was talking about the cosrx pimple pads not the pimple patches. Its a cotton pads soaked in a liquid and its like your toner with the cotton pads,something you would use before the moisturizer. 

I know, I was just adding onto the Cosrx experience. 

Posted

I know, I was just adding onto the Cosrx experience. 

ohh lol i have never used it before. Is it good? Does it actually work?

Posted

ohh lol i have never used it before. Is it good? Does it actually work?

In my experience it really does. It's best to use it at night or when you have to go out. It absorbs all the gunk out of the blemish slowly. It can also remove the head of the blemish very safely. I highly recommend it since it speeds up healing from the absorption of gunk and protects from the elements which would further irritate the blemish and risk of scarring. Some blemishes would only need one patch and it's healed, and some need more nights.

Posted

My skin used to be really good but I started taking the BC pills and then stopped taking them and I broke out like crazy. I started using tea tree oil, tea tree clay mask , tea tree facial wash and tea tree toner all from the body shop. They have a buy 2 get one free or buy 3 get 3 free all the time. It will have a cooling burning sensation so please try a small patch on your face first before trying since everyone tolerance is different. I used witch hazel on my acne scar and they're slowly going away. Make sure you wash your sheets as well due to bacteria growing on pillow cases from wet hair etc. :) I hope this helps. 

Posted

I use slightly diluted tea tree oil to deal with pimples. Like I get a cotton bud, stick it under the tap and then dip it in tea tree oil, and then wipe it on any spots I have. A lot of the more conventional pimple treatments aren't as effective, and also are more irritaing so I use tea tree oil.

It does sting a little, but then I have pretty sensitive skin so don't take my word as law.