• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Celia Leslie / Sonia Leslie

2589 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

These girls make me go ???? I have so many questions, like how can they live like this? Most people their age are either working or at college, while these two are doing nothing but staying at home, making a video once in a while and begging for money online. Doesn't it get very boring after a while? Don't they get restless or something? 

But ok, they want to do youtube full-time. Well, maybe they should start focusing on polishing their image and stop doing stupid stuff like being rude to their followers (who they need in order to succeed) and clean up their act (stop with the money begging and weird koreaboo shit). Honestly, being a youtuber is a tough job in some ways, like it's very unpredictable. I can't stand youtubers crying "youtube is my only job, guys!!" when they themselves decided to pick youtube over going to college or having a regular job. 

And if they struggle with depression or other mental health issues, they still have a lot of opportunities. The majority of people with depression stay "active" in one way or another (by going to school/having a job), I'm pretty sure staying inside all day doing nothing makes your mental health worse. And they don't even have to do this stuff full-time; a lot of people spend some extra years on their education, while other people only have a part-time job due to their health setting certain limitations.

My point is that they are capable of doing more than sitting at home, begging for money and complaining on twitter. It's a shame though, while I don't watch their videos (I tried, but it sounds like they are going to burst into tears any second) they seem very interesting and unique. 

I think this beautifully sums up my main issue with them. Despite always talking about money problems, they're actually quite privileged--yet they don't seem to acknowledge this. Not many can afford to do nothing on a daily basis except make a few videos, but these two expects handouts from their audience...which probably mostly entails kids who are struggling with school or work (or balancing both) who would deserve the cash more.

Edited by shin

Posted

But y'all had the nerve to beg for money for a frivolous trip? Noted. 9_9 9_99_99_9

Posted (edited)

IMG_5441.thumb.PNG.d2cb7e89b05ce0efcf57dSo, I was completely fine with them until I read through all this shit and now I'm not so fine.

Okay, as half-Korean, it really bothers me how they try so damn hard to, I don't really know exactly, look korean, I guess. I looked at Sonia's channel for the first time in a while, and I was just like, "Wow."

Like girl, YOU AIN'T KOREAN. I am 110% sure that is much lighter than her already beautiful skin tone, first of all. Straight eyebrows, the glasses, the bangs, the lips, and, I mean, look at the title of the video. And I know I'm probably being nitpicky about it, but she seems to be talking in a quieter, higher voice than in other videos, which, well, you can analyze that in whatever way you want.

They both say they're proud of their own ethnicities, then BE PROUD OF IT! Be proud of your skin color, your gorgeous hair, your eyebrows, your lips, whatever the hell else. Stop trying to copy other people's cultures. There's a difference between appreciation and just... being weird, idk. If anyone thinks I'm being too harsh on this, honestly, call me out.

Edited by paroon

Posted

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 4.33.01 PM.png

what

Posted

Maybe this is a reach but I'm pretty sure they're going to Korea... 

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 9.59.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 9.59.47 AM.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

look at how light her foundation is.......smdh you are not that color sweetie 

Posted

Twitter meltdown, again. She's being self deprecating and probably doesn't mean it but I agree... Their skin is too thin for Youtube and they're doing it for all of the wrong reasons. Maybe getting off Youtube and getting a real job will help them come back to reality. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.09.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.10.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.10.17 AM.png

Posted

Twitter meltdown, again. She's being self deprecating and probably doesn't mean it but I agree... Their skin is too thin for Youtube and they're doing it for all of the wrong reasons. Maybe getting off Youtube and getting a real job will help them come back to reality. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.09.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.10.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.10.17 AM.png

Honestly instead of complaining why dont they get therapy and meds? If they really didnt have any money and wete struggling they wouldn't be doing hauls.

Posted

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 3.20.32 PM.png

tumblr_n980pal3Zz1r9c36po1_500.gif

Posted

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 3.20.32 PM.png

tumblr_n980pal3Zz1r9c36po1_500.gif

Jesus Christ, how hard is it to say "sorry, I'll do better next time" ??? If she can't handle a simple comment saying her video is out of focus, she really has no business running a youtube channel. I hope she sticks to her word and deletes after her trip cause this is getting pathetic tbh :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

they hate constructive criticism.... man if you gonna be on youtube some people are gonna have opinions... dude then don't use youtube

Edited by Creepyrainbow24

Posted

I was really surprised when I saw their name on both lsa and pull, because usually the internet celebs discussed here aren't discussed there.

I find it kind of disappointing that they act the way they do. Usually (imo), it's hard to find active black youtubers that's into anime and kpop while still liking some Western things. So when I first saw them, I was really excited. I found them cute, their accent was soothing (it reminded me of my friend and Beyoncé's accent), but then I learned about their begging. 

Oh, I feel it's good they are at least acknowledging they're black though. If Korean beauty standards get to them too much (Ahri....), their black acknowledgement would bring them back to reality. (Sorry I'm rushing so I'm not saying my full thoughts)

Posted

she mad

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.19.25 PM.png

Posted

she mad

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.19.25 PM.png

I'm laughin that she cares so much,  she could never be famous it would break her.