Married to Manaki

335 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So turns out Venus never actually broke up with Manaki it was kept secret and they got married! she is now 18 and i feel like this is so she can live in Japan O.o:Alpacaconfused: Capturehhu.thumb.PNG.7ed3bf96d2f8f4d2abdCapture.thumb.PNG.c7879f1069bbb57844cd3cjioo.thumb.PNG.9ba59f944fecd6b2e5f360fe6

Spouses and Dependents

Foreigners, who are married to a Japanese national or to a permanent resident of Japan (see below), can obtain a spouse visa, which allows them to engage in any paid activity in Japan. Residence permission is granted in periods of 6 months or 1, 3 or 5 years and is extendable.

Foreigners, who are residing in Japan but are not permanent residents, can apply for a dependent visa for their spouse and children. Residence permission is granted in periods of between 3 months and 5 years and is extendable. Dependents are not allowed to engage in any paid activities, unless they get permission from the immigration office. Even then, dependents may work only a set maximum number of hours per week.

Once you are legally married, you are eligible for:

• Spouse of Japanese national visa if your spouse is a Japanese national
  • Long term resident visa if your spouse is a long term reisdent visa holder
  • Spouse of permanent resident visa if your spouse is a permanent resident visa holder
  • Dependent visa if your spouse has a work visa or a student visa

When you apply for one of the visas above, it is necessary to provide among others a marriage certificate issued by the authorities of the both countries and your proof of income or that of your spouse.

Edited by CreepySenpai

Posted

Oh we are such a strong couple because we made 4 videos duso. 

Posted

Honestly I just hope it works out. I doubt they had a fake break up though.  

Posted

She is going to upload a video about their marriage. Guess I dont need my entertainsystem anymore ~

Posted

^How much do you wanna bet it includes many assertive denials that this was all for a visa?

I can't believe Margo supports this marriage. This is Venus's first boyfriend. Ever. I get that Venus is an adult and Margo can't stop her from marrying Manaki but if I were her parent I definitely would not think this was a good idea. They have to hide dating each other because of the public's interest, does she think all that interest is just magically going to go away now that they're married? What's the logic behind this

Posted

Sure it will not be an informative vid. Just her showing off her new husbando. I hope her fans will smell that bullshit and see behind their roleplay.

And the heck https://mobile.twitter.com/VenusAngelic/status/639440044844052480   no, I am not gonna watch ur old videos just so you can get more ytmoney. 

Posted

I really, truly hope that this marriage works out and that it's a love match rather than a marriage of convenience (although I am very skeptical....).

Anway, asides from that, did Margo really go on Venus and Manaki's honeymoon with them? Because as far as i'm aware, in any culture, that's usually considered weird/inappropriate. 

Still, I can't help but feeling that making the marriage public (after hiding the relationship) is going to be a terrible move for her 'career'. Let's face it: the men who make up the bulk of her fan base want a cute, pure, kawaii dolly and not a... married woman. Any illusions of purity and innocence are now sort of out the window :alpacaworry:

Posted

I´m guessing she just came along to the "honeymoon" because they had to leave Japan anyway due to the visa expiring.

Does anyone know how strict Japanese immigration is as far as proof of love marriage goes? I mean, a marriage certificate probably isn´t the only requirement... Usually you have to hand in pictures, proof of living together for a while, messages and letters showing proof of your genuine relationship or similar stuff. Anything that proofs that it´s not a marriage just for a visa.

At least that´s what my best friend´s Indian husband had to do to apply for his spouse visa to Germany and I also know from a German friend now living in the USA that she had to do the same. She was very young at the time, her husband almost 10 years older, and they were given quite a bit of trouble by immigration, despite the fact that they already had a newborn together...

Posted (edited)

Honestly I guess if Margo will always be around Venus, still decides everything for her, and Manaki and Venus havent enough private time for themselves, I bet he will get annoyed about it very soon. Although!, in the japanese culture couples live together again with their parents, when the parents get old and need help in their daily life. But not when they are still young enough to care for themself. Just imagine how it is when the mother of your husband/wife spents YOUR honeymoon with you, lives in the same house (the walls are very thin in Japan so.... when they want to have their "private" time, they need to go to a love hotel ;) ), follows you around wherever you go (I actually have to say I dont know if it was the same day, but when she went to Hanabi with Manaki (photo she posted) I think Margo went with them (remember her Yukata pics),

@Puolukka go to the generak thread I had the same question and Vivian posted what she needs to hand in to get her spouse visa!.

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

Gosh where did I read the crazy laws of the world? There was one where the mother had to be present during the WEDDING NIGHT :D.

Posted

seriously  "ex-boyfriend because now husband" (title of her videos with manaki), wtf? when you marry someone, it doesn't become your ex.

Posted

It is still a common in some countries. Also, some families wait outside to make sure the girl was a virgin by checking the blood. :phftt:

I thought margo would be more cultivated by now. She was in so many different countries and normally this kind of people are open minded and nice. But not her, she is like her own parents. Small minded and egoistic. I truly hope for Venud that her mother stays in europe and that she can find her own way. 

And why are people so obsessed with venus virginity? It is really creepy. :darth: 

Posted

Yes, indeed, this marriage will scar her "cutesy, kawaii" persona. She'll be forced to grow up quicker and take on responsibilities that she has never done before. Not to mention this marriage will probably stress her out, also since her insanely busted mom is involved, and she might not care about her appearance anymore like she used to [ugh, too tired to photoshop my selfie today/too exhausted to record a new video, had to go to work and cook myself some dinner. Gotta help Manaki pay our rent.] Also, what if Venus' in laws (Manaki's parents/family, idk if he's close with his fam) push her to get preggo a few years after their marriage? She'd still be young and it will be stressful for her, she probably won't care about her channel anymore. But that's just my observation. 

Posted

Guess who is gonna have sex...and will not be cute cute pure kawaii lady

Posted

Yes, indeed, this marriage will scar her "cutesy, kawaii" persona. She'll be forced to grow up quicker and take on responsibilities that she has never done before. Not to mention this marriage will probably stress her out, also since her insanely busted mom is involved, and she might not care about her appearance anymore like she used to [ugh, too tired to photoshop my selfie today/too exhausted to record a new video, had to go to work and cook myself some dinner. Gotta help Manaki pay our rent.] Also, what if Venus' in laws (Manaki's parents/family, idk if he's close with his fam) push her to get preggo a few years after their marriage? She'd still be young and it will be stressful for her, she probably won't care about her channel anymore. But that's just my observation. 

She would probably just start a family vlog type of thing talking about how kawaii her hafu baby is while Margo takes care of them, capitalizing off your children/Japanese husband can't just end!