• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

9037 posts in this topic

Posted

I really don't understand why so many youtubers make relationship announcement videos they are usually really cringey. Was anyone really dying to know if Noble had a girlfriend in the first place? Hopefully they don't go down the same route and Joey and Aki but I think they will to be honest. A lot of youtube relationships do ¬¬

Posted

Wasn't the thumbnail for the Joey/Aki coming out video basically the same? 

Yeah, it's so similar it almost seems like kind of passive aggressive. The only difference is that Rui didn't to the "squeeze my lips together and flair my nostrils" face that Aki did while kissing Joey.

Is Rui a YouTuber too? If so, then i hope they don't go the jognes route. I'm not a noble fan ( think he's cringey af tbh) but for the sake of his and her viewers i hope they realize their fans subscribe to them individually and they shouldn't combine their channels. Rui seems a lot less cringey than Aki though so that's good for one thing i guess :I

This thing about relationships has made me want to bring something up, a part of me still feels like Aki and joey's relationship is really fake. I'm not saying it's neceserally a conspiracy where they've made it up for views, but everything about their dynamic and the reasons they like each other seems so "on the surface" i don't know how to describe it. It seems like they have a very middle school level of romantic relationship, as in they only like each other because they like the same things. In their coming out video Joey talked about how he's never met anyone else who knew about his fav band as before (it's questionable if Aki even did know about it considering how much she fakes knowledge about other topics) which is fine, it's cool to meet someone with similar interests but they don't talk about anything else when it comes to why they like each other. Joey pretty much just said, she's cute, likes anime and likes the same music as me. A relationship where the only things the couple like about each other is that they have similar interests rarely ever last.

This is an example of how staged their relationship seems imo.

Skjermbilde.thumb.PNG.c654b52c36cb4f4631

Who took this picture? This is supposed to be a picture of a romantic valentines date, but usually when people post pictures of their dates it's taken by one of the people on the date. It's strange af if they have like, one friend with them on the date that took that picture. I guess it could be a double date but it sure doesn't seem that way since they seem to be paying attention to exclusively each other. The picture is taken so close to them it's impossible they didn't notice so them taking seems staged. It seems almost like they're just pretending to be talking on a date so someone can take a picture and show the internet how in love they are. 

I think they're a real couple but their need to show the internet their love just makes it seem not genuine and weird.

Idk i might just be reading way to much into it...:alpacabored:

Posted

I really don't understand why so many youtubers make relationship announcement videos they are usually really cringey. Was anyone really dying to know if Noble had a girlfriend in the first place? Hopefully they don't go down the same route and Joey and Aki but I think they will to be honest. A lot of youtube relationships do ¬¬

I've followed Noble's channel for a while now. Ever since he posted a video on Twitter of him on Valentine's day at an arcade with an unknown person (now confirmed to be Rui), fans of his have been digging for info. 

It got to the point of fans trying to map the layout of his house from videos to prove he and Rui lived together as proof of them dating. 

Tbh, he did the right thing since his comment sections were basically nothing but people asking if he had a girlfriend or discussing the Joey drama for the last two months. This'll get them to shut up about at least one of those.

I highly doubt this will end up like Joey/Aki. Noble values his privacy too much and almost NEVER talks about his personal life. 99% of his fans don't even know that "Noble" is a pseudonym. He even said in the video that all this means for his channel is occasional collabs and more anime-related skits since he now has someone to film/act with.

Posted

At least Rui's eyeliner is a just a tad better than Aki's four-year-old-trying-to-finger-paint eyeliner. 

Posted

Yep New Agnes Cringe for all. 

Posted (edited)

At least Rui's eyeliner is a just a tad better than Aki's four-year-old-trying-to-finger-paint eyeliner. 

Well, no eyeliner this video, maybe she finally woke up and realised how bad her eyeliner skillz are :v 

EDIT: she is wearing eyeliner, my comment has been made somewhat redundant, though tbh I prefer her without it.

Edited by FlazéDumbass

Posted

Just checked YouTube and saw Noble had uploaded:

well nvm then, congrats to him and Rui. I just hope they don't go down the Jognes route :beardo:

Hidden Content

I confess that at the beginning it was kinda awkward but it turned out to be a cute-awkward...? Plus she is a very a laughing person like Noble, they seem happy :alpacawink: And I don't know why they would go to the same route as Jognes, because for Agnes case she always seemed cringey from the very beginning... Just remember Aki trying to be moe biting that sandwich or whatever
Sorry for bringing you the vision from hell :alpacaworry: But yeah, that. Still, I hope they really don't.
And they seem to have chemistry so different from Jognes...

Posted

Skjermbilde.thumb.PNG.c654b52c36cb4f4631

Who took this picture? This is supposed to be a picture of a romantic valentines date, but usually when people post pictures of their dates it's taken by one of the people on the date. It's strange af if they have like, one friend with them on the date that took that picture. I guess it could be a double date but it sure doesn't seem that way since they seem to be paying attention to exclusively each other. The picture is taken so close to them it's impossible they didn't notice so them taking seems staged. It seems almost like they're just pretending to be talking on a date so someone can take a picture and show the internet how in love they are. 

I think they're a real couple but their need to show the internet their love just makes it seem not genuine and weird.

Idk i might just be reading way to much into it...:alpacabored:

Idk about other countries, but where I live, it's considered ok to ask a waiter for help in taking photos (usually group photos, but couples are not uncommon either) so maybe that's the case with them? I agree that they don't really need to spread it online though.

Btw someone mentioned that Aki may be the case for Joey and Noble's fallout, but I can say that it's not the case, since Noble is still subbed to Aki.

Posted

I confess that at the beginning it was kinda awkward but it turned out to be a cute-awkward...?

You've pretty much condensed what makes people like Noble's content into a single sentence.

I actually watch her videos involving manga because it feels like a topic she's actually invested in. I discovered Satashi Kon's "Opus" through her "Sorting Out My Manga" video and it was probably the most natural video I've seen from her yet. She seems a lot more comfortable/genuine when talking about the books she's read and enjoyed than she ever does when discussing the current "Flavor of the Season" anime or topic. 

Posted (edited)

Cringe just reached a new level.

As everyone knows, Agnes has this obsession of shoving her love for tentacles and hentai on everyone's faces. 

Well, now we have LIMITED PRINTS of Zone-tan (Zone-sama's mascot, who loves tentacles. Agnes has already appeared wearing their merch) and Aki. 

Edited by もも
Not sure if the pics are attached

Posted (edited)

"See? That didn't feel forced at all." -Noble

Honestly, it was pretty cute and felt a million times more genuine than Jognes, though I wonder if that line was meant to slightly/stealthily throw shade at them?

Edited by Celica

Posted

kinda ot, but whenever aki calls joey "babe" or "baby" i cringe so hard. normally when people say pet names like that, i dont react that way, even i say them myself. but it sounds so wrong and forced from her. i dunno if thats just me. 

Posted

"when I take the cat ears off I legit look like yurio" I felt like she just insulted him.... :alpacamad: 

Posted

OH MY GOD i haven't even watched but i can see she has one of my favourite artists mucknagabe's work in the thumbnail... hooo boy seems like everyone who follows Aki on this thread has to suffer through her trying to talk about something they love here...

kinda ot, but whenever aki calls joey "babe" or "baby" i cringe so hard. normally when people say pet names like that, i dont react that way, even i say them myself. but it sounds so wrong and forced from her. i dunno if thats just me. 

It's not. I hear people (friends and on the internet) say those pet names all the time and i never notice it, but when Aki does it it's impossible not to notice cuz it's just so forced and weird. It's like she's a foreigner who hasn't used the word before or something, i don't know how to describe it. I'm sure a foreigner could make it sound more natural than her tho.

Aki has such an "aunt voice" i don't know how to describe it :alpacaworry: It sounds like that of someone who's well into their adult years yet not old, it's kind of shrill but not really high pitched and she doesn't sound mature enough to be a mom.

Isn't it really easy to imagine Aki being like a weird aunt that her sister sometimes has baby sit her kids as a last resort if she can't find anyone else because every time they're over at her place they always come back with a plastic shuriken and  spewing their newly acquired anime/japan knowledge ? maybe it's just me lol.