• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8723 posts in this topic

Posted

tokyo is so easy for foreinger to live in b/c its such a tourist spot that a lot more people speak Eng there then the rest of japan(and its only going to get easier wihen olympics happen) most of the anitubers that live there have jobs w companies that are enabling them to live there and go out and spend money on anime stuff and dumb tourist experiences so its not rly there fault and im not going to say they will regret it and all move home but if they are only there for the weeb experience and dont plan ever moving out of tokyo sooner or later there going to get bored talking to the same 10 people every day bcthese companys are english speakers so they arent forced in a situation were they need to learn so if they dont care enough to practice they will be even lonlier (at least aki is practicing so i hope she sticks w it)

That's why I love watching Abroad in Japan's videos. He does a few in Tokyo but he also does a lot of videos about outside to other places in Tokyo such as Hokkaido and Sapporo and it's made me learn how beautiful Japan can be in places that aren't Tokyo. I don't understand why these anitubers move to Japan and live in Tokyo when their videos are still isolated to their weeb bedrooms.

Posted

That's why I love watching Abroad in Japan's videos. He does a few in Tokyo but he also does a lot of videos about outside to other places in Tokyo such as Hokkaido and Sapporo and it's made me learn how beautiful Japan can be in places that aren't Tokyo. I don't understand why these anitubers move to Japan and live in Tokyo when their videos are still isolated to their weeb bedrooms.

Well, they are weeb that explain itself. Funny enough Toku community is opposite of anituber. A lot of them become friend with Japanese, go to interesting place, make a interesting content, one person I know become English teacher and has a decent life over there.

Posted

tokyo is so easy for foreinger to live in b/c its such a tourist spot that a lot more people speak Eng there then the rest of japan(and its only going to get easier wihen olympics happen) most of the anitubers that live there have jobs w companies that are enabling them to live there and go out and spend money on anime stuff and dumb tourist experiences so its not rly there fault and im not going to say they will regret it and all move home but if they are only there for the weeb experience and dont plan ever moving out of tokyo sooner or later there going to get bored talking to the same 10 people every day bcthese companys are english speakers so they arent forced in a situation were they need to learn so if they dont care enough to practice they will be even lonlier (at least aki is practicing so i hope she sticks w it)

Tokyo is very foreigner friendly, but how long till they get bored of tokyo and go to the same spots? well knowing these guys they'd probably never get bored of akiba. Aki should really check out the other spots. imo tokyo is cool, but I prefer osaka. 

Posted

Tokyo is very foreigner friendly, but how long till they get bored of tokyo and go to the same spots? well knowing these guys they'd probably never get bored of akiba. Aki should really check out the other spots. imo tokyo is cool, but I prefer osaka. 

Unlike most people who want to go to Tokyo my top places to visit are Hokkaido, Osaka, Kyoto and visit the famous whiskey brewery that the drama Massan was based off of. I also want to find Rita road named after the real wife. 

Posted

Unlike most people who want to go to Tokyo my top places to visit are Hokkaido, Osaka, Kyoto and visit the famous whiskey brewery that the drama Massan was based off of. I also want to find Rita road named after the real wife. 

OT: if you ever get the chance to go to Japan I’d really recommend going on a guided tour, you see a lot and see less touristy places. I loved it and couldn’t imagine moving to Japan and having the privilege to film my time there and just staying in Tokyo/ my bedroom. 

I quite like Aki’s videos but l can see myself getting bored of them if it is just her doing weeb stuff in Tokyo and not really exploring Japan. Even before reading this thread Jobo gave me such weird vibes and was so annoying on the language video they just did, it was utterly pointless competing when he barely knew anything and was just nit-picky towards her Japanese.

Posted

OT: if you ever get the chance to go to Japan I’d really recommend going on a guided tour, you see a lot and see less touristy places. I loved it and couldn’t imagine moving to Japan and having the privilege to film my time there and just staying in Tokyo/ my bedroom. 

I quite like Aki’s videos but l can see myself getting bored of them if it is just her doing weeb stuff in Tokyo and not really exploring Japan. Even before reading this thread Jobo gave me such weird vibes and was so annoying on the language video they just did, it was utterly pointless competing when he barely knew anything and was just nit-picky towards her Japanese.

I have to agreagree and to be quite honest I getting bored with the majority of anituber/jvloggers content because it's all starting to look the same when they all just go to tokyo to stores and cafes.

Posted

Can anyone recommend a decent Japan based youtuber? While I enjoy anime based vids if it's what's new for season or what have you but I want to learn more about the country, see more than just Tokyo and the weeb side of things. I'm so over all the anitubers and their rinse and repeat vids. I'd love someone fresh and actually entertaining(and possibly educational) to watch.

Posted

Can anyone recommend a decent Japan based youtuber? While I enjoy anime based vids if it's what's new for season or what have you but I want to learn more about the country, see more than just Tokyo and the weeb side of things. I'm so over all the anitubers and their rinse and repeat vids. I'd love someone fresh and actually entertaining(and possibly educational) to watch.

Abroad in Japan

Only in Japan (go)

Paolo from Tokyo

Life were I'm from

Internationally me

Posted

Abroad in Japan

Only in Japan (go)

Paolo from Tokyo

Life were I'm from

Internationally me

couldn't recommend Only in Japan enough! I love his vids. feels like a breath of fresh air watching his content. love how he talks about the more obscure things and not your typical "top 10 places to visit if you like anime", or "omg akihabara" etc...

Posted

couldn't recommend Only in Japan enough! I love his vids. feels like a breath of fresh air watching his content. love how he talks about the more obscure things and not your typical "top 10 places to visit if you like anime", or "omg akihabara" etc...

same here he actually travels around Japan showing you the history of many of the places. Though admittedly I found him from a video on Japanese Vending machines. 

Posted

John is a really nice guy. I love his high quality content. But since a longer time he just made livestreams, wich is not bad but not my cup of tea. When you are in a different timezone and can not watch it live it's a bit... boring...

Posted

Abroad in Japan

Only in Japan (go)

Paolo from Tokyo

Life were I'm from

Internationally me

thank you very much! 😄

Posted

Really, Jobo? REALLY?

Should we say it again........fine here goes.

SPOUTING SOMETHING ABOUT HENTAI DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL! #FACTS

Posted

Really, Jobo? REALLY?

Should we say it again........fine here goes.

SPOUTING SOMETHING ABOUT HENTAI DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL! #FACTS

Omg he can't go a day without mentioning how much he loves hentai. My lord is your brain just so dead at this point Jobo you can't think of anything else? 

Posted

Omg he can't go a day without mentioning how much he loves hentai. My lord is your brain just so dead at this point Jobo you can't think of anything else? 

God damn it Jobo.... focus on the quiet nice girl in the room next to you!

How old are you? 14?

I'm over 30 ands like hentai too but I dont talk about it every day.