• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8264 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was explaining of fb why Jobo's tweet is rude. Then this guy came and said "I misunderstood" and it's because Jobo is talking about peoples' small problems.

Guys quick question: is "your small problems" = "Crappy your day"?

Capture.PNG

Of course Japan never rants about their situation.  He's a fictional character and the creator of hetalia doesn't want the characters included in art about current disasters. 

Seriously though Japan isn't one person you can't say they never rant when ranting is a super human thing to do. And yeah people on facebook post about small problems on facebook it's a social media account.  People post happy things,sad things,angry things,neutral things,scared things,etc.  It's normal. Get over it. 

Posted

Every time someone goes "X happened never complain about your day" I have to roll my eyes. 

Specially when Jobo is the type to whine whenever anyone says anything that he disagrees with and 2 out of 4 of these aren't actually big deals. 

Jobo a 4 mag earthquake is basically you can feel it and maybe get minor damage. It's not that big a deal for Japan considering they've all gone through way fucking worse. 

Kyushu erupted but there has been zero deaths or damage or even injuries. Most that has happened is planes around there can't fly. 

As for the other 2 it's shitty as fuck to use a natural disaster to shame others for venting.  I've been through Cat 5 hurricanes before buddy boy doesn't mean others can't be upset when a day goes bad.

Not to mention that the typhoon was not a cat 5. By landfall it was a cat 2, at best/worst a weak cat 3. So way to overdramatize everything.

Posted

to say that the hentai he liked on twitter is shocking and explicitly disgusting is an understatement. i don't understand how he isn't considered a violator of terms on twitter especially with his target audience being underagedsa

Posted

to say that the hentai he liked on twitter is shocking and explicitly disgusting is an understatement. i don't understand how he isn't considered a violator of terms on twitter especially with his target audience being underagedsa

I mean I imagine no one besides us brings it up. It doesn't help Twitter seems intent on making sure you can't see likes without logging in now. 

Posted

I have an account and got intrigued to see what he is liking when a user mentioned it 2 replies back. Twitter could easily block an innocent user who has done nothing but refuse to take action against a bigger user or someone with higher clout on their tweets. Their terms and regulations suck tbh ;) talking from experience

I mean I imagine no one besides us brings it up. It doesn't help Twitter seems intent on making sure you can't see likes without logging in now. 

Posted

I mean... twitter is legally required to block nazi/ alt-right content in France and Germany (just change your country settings and twitter will block some but not all nazi content). It shows that twitter can at least block some unsavoury content, but chooses not to. Probably because of the user base creating & promoting whatever shitty content allows twitter to claim that it has a larger user base to market to companies.

If the National Diet ever blocks CP and it also blocks sexually explicit art of minors then I can guarantee you Joseph’s brain will explode.

Posted (edited)

oh fuck off Jobo. Everyone has their shit days and are allowed to vent about it. 

jocringe.JPG

these emoji's make it hard to take him srsly lmao

sure what is happening in jp is terrible but to each their own problem joey. Always be humble cuz you dk what other ppl are going through, but ig you didn't consider that

Edited by Baby Pink

Posted

Honestly though what happened to him? Is it fame? I know people change but he used to be pretty humble and a decent guy. He's really arrogant now. Why does he act like he's a know it all.

Posted

Honestly though what happened to him? Is it fame? I know people change but he used to be pretty humble and a decent guy. He's really arrogant now. Why does he act like he's a know it all.

I believe he was always a shitty guy, him being popular only exposes it more

Posted

Yeah I never liked Jobo even in his early days. He always just came across as I don't know sus. 

Posted (edited)

He's been arrogant and questionable for a looong time, but from what I remember Joey was fairly normal early on (before and just after he graduated uni). Maybe just loud on his opinions about anime but eh, he was still a teenager.

Then he went to live with Shine after he graduated and his personality just went south from there. This is very much just my opinion, but I think him and Shine just got way too much attention (i.e. fangirling) for being half Japanese. As much as Joseph hates weebs and is super vocal about it, he and Shine only got a fan base because of their appeal to weebs. They also had a Q&A video where they queerbaited their audience by kissing each other, so, there's that, Mr. 'I-hate-Yuri-on-Ice-because-it's-gay'. Anyway, imo the attention got to his head and he just kinda stopped taking care himself physically? Like if you look at him from a few years ago (here's one from 3 years ago), he cut his hair and shaved his beard. Idk it just feels like he got a massive boost of confidence after not fitting in that well at school (I think he said he was bullied during his secondary school years), and it launched his ego into space, to the point where he's now just lazy with his appearance.

Shine also probably wasn't a great influence on Joey. Shine just wanted to be the new FilthyFrank but failed miserably at that. Frank was a character that made a fool of himself while making fun of others (while also actually physically harming himself for some of his videos? I have to say that I don't like a lot of Frank's humour, but fuck, props to Joji for committing to the act). Shine wasn't a character... that was just Shine being edgy and thinking he was cool by being indiscriminately mean/ racist/ homophobic/ etc. etc.

Shine's loli-fetish sure as hell rubbed off on Joseph though.

Comparison pics in the spoiler below.

3 years ago:

3years.thumb.png.637ae8ffb9b2798e12ea68d

2 weeks ago:

2weeks.thumb.png.2a4585fd420fb0de61cc363

Edited by redbowkiki
lol you can see me looking up Kelly's videos in the first pic

Posted

I wonder what his japanese parent thinks of him? I know a girl who’s white and a huge weeb and her japanese stepdad got angry at her for blasting anime music. I hope Joey’s japanese parent doesn’t agree with the way Joey fetishizes his ethnicity lol

Posted

This is sort of off topic, possibly an unpopular opinion and I don't want to seem rude but, I had no idea he was half Japanese until I saw this thread to be honest. Even looking at his older pictures I wouldn't have guessed. (Apologies if that seems rude again.)

Posted

This is sort of off topic, possibly an unpopular opinion and I don't want to seem rude but, I had no idea he was half Japanese until I saw this thread to be honest. Even looking at his older pictures I wouldn't have guessed. (Apologies if that seems rude again.)

that's probably why he overcompensates and lets you know every single goddamn moment how nihonjin he is

Posted

that's probably why he overcompensates and lets you know every single goddamn moment how nihonjin he is

I always felt it was a complex too. Like he didn't look as Japanese as he wanted so he has to remind his fans every time that he is totes Japanese and that is why you should listen to me. Too bad he can't do like a lot of mix folks can and appreciate both sides. I'm black and white and native american so I celebrate all my cultures. I do not think one is better than the other, they all have their faults and I really enjoy knowing about my people when I can. 

But no, Jobo has to solely focus on being Japanese. He does realize being Australian is popular too? like damn just enjoy who you are and stop being a try hard.