• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8862 posts in this topic

Posted

peak bruh moment from The Anime Man

Posted

I just reread that tweet. "if ANY anime gains some level of popularity, there’s always some woke “cultured” individual nitpicking at every minute detail to put the show down in one way or another." 

Joey you absolute dickbag if anything gains any sort of of popularity it gets people nitpicking it to death.  Nitpicking is not a new thing. Books get nitpicked. Cartoons get nitpicked. Live action gets nitpicked. Everything gets nitpicked and anime was being nitpicked way before your ass was born. This is not a new age and this is not a new thing at all.  

You just don't like that they're saying something you don't agree with. 

Posted

I just reread that tweet. "if ANY anime gains some level of popularity, there’s always some woke “cultured” individual nitpicking at every minute detail to put the show down in one way or another." 

Joey you absolute dickbag if anything gains any sort of of popularity it gets people nitpicking it to death.  Nitpicking is not a new thing. Books get nitpicked. Cartoons get nitpicked. Live action gets nitpicked. Everything gets nitpicked and anime was being nitpicked way before your ass was born. This is not a new age and this is not a new thing at all.  

You know now that you say that Joey actually has a really fragile ego. He can't handle any form of criticism and just attacks anyone who disagrees with him. I mean how delicate does this guy have to be to be upset someone didn't like the anime he likes?  

Posted

You know now that you say that Joey actually has a really fragile ego. He can't handle any form of criticism and just attacks anyone who disagrees with him. I mean how delicate does this guy have to be to be upset someone didn't like the anime he likes?  

It's not even that they don't like they anime. They don't like an aspect of a design that gets changed to something else outside of Japan. 

I mean this is the same guy who got upset when people criticized boob armor in one image. 

Posted

nah nah nah because of this creep theres a 16 yr old on twitter who thinks pedophilia is ok as long as its fictional (@nakajima_nora) theyre using his argument and using his videos as a credible source and everything (dont like attack them though, im just bringing them up to show what jobro does to the impressionable younger generation)

Posted

The response of the OP in the thread he quoted was pretty dismissive, I'll give him that ('you're not offended bc you don't know enough' is such a dumb response; they should've said 'just because you are of x nationality/ ethnicity and not offended doesn't make this thing okay, here's historical context why').

But like... dude, Joey... you're defending the emblem of fascism. That's a legit reason to for people to be offended (unlike, say, multiple videos of Yuri On Ice where your only criticism seemed to be 'it's popular with women'). When you're literally defending fascist symbols, that's when you've hit twitter rock bottom.

I'm also reeeeeeally feeling skeeved out by Joey and Pewdiepie's friendship now.

Posted

Isn't nitpicking what happens when a fanbase is SUPER into something? People don't get that crazy about something they aren't obsessed with. I can see why it might tire the creators of such works to have their fans nitpick their work. But Joey is just another fan. It's not his job to police the fandom. 

Posted

Right?? Like he doesn't value anyone else's opinions but his own unless others agree with him. Like dude how fragile do you have to be?

Posted

The response of the OP in the thread he quoted was pretty dismissive, I'll give him that ('you're not offended bc you don't know enough' is such a dumb response; they should've said 'just because you are of x nationality/ ethnicity and not offended doesn't make this thing okay, here's historical context why').

But like... dude, Joey... you're defending the emblem of fascism. That's a legit reason to for people to be offended (unlike, say, multiple videos of Yuri On Ice where your only criticism seemed to be 'it's popular with women'). When you're literally defending fascist symbols, that's when you've hit twitter rock bottom.

I'm also reeeeeeally feeling skeeved out by Joey and Pewdiepie's friendship now.

on the bright side of things pewds didn't invite him to the wedding and doesn't really interact with him on YouTube or anything like he does with Jack who even danced with him at his wedding lol bet that really hurt poor jobro's feelings :happee:

Posted (edited)

Wazzup everyone, been a while!! Jobo doesn't get any better, I see.

Now, regarding this tweet: correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it's extremely rude in JP twitter to tag someone without a valid reason as it could be seen as being a bother to them.

Especially (I emphathize that point) if it's in a post in English due to language barrier and most Japanese people having very poor if not non-existent English.

If you're going to link their Twitter, Jobo, at least put a space between @ and the username so that they're not actually tagged. Don't be a nuisance to them when they're so busy. Because if they're popular, they're not going to check your nasty Tweet.

Or worse, they could take your tweet as a "here is a list of hentai artists you must avoid" type of Tweet/thread.

Doesn't he know basic JP Twitter etiquette despite the fact that he never shuts up about Japan????? I'm white and even I know this, takes a bit of etiquette study, that's all. Ugh.

Edited by Rin Matsuoka

Posted (edited)

Joey: Damn SJWs!! I hate it when people have opinions on sensitive subjects that matter and are worth talking about! It’s so annoying that anime is being taken seriously as an art medium from a critical standpoint! (Of course it’s okay for me to share MY opinions, just not anyone whom I deem an “SJW”) 

Edited by Granola

Posted

it's so sad watching his old videos cause he was actually a pretty good(ish) ytber back then like his lets plays and stuff was actually entertaining until he realized that nobody was gross enough to make hentai their thing and decided to monopolize on that :/

Posted

Jobo: "WAAAAAHHHHHH! I can't be verified anymore after working so hard for making videos about hentai and doing multiple collabs. I really deserve it. Do you know how much people got jealous when I said 'Look guys, I'm verified at Youtube, lick my almighty foot peasants'? WAAAAAHHHH! My twitter fans, help me feel better by sending tweets that are music to my ears!"

Me: "Aw that's too bad, Jobo. Would you like a tissue for those tears?"

Jobo: "NO! I WANT POSITIVE TWEETS!"

Me: "Alright..............what about tissue covered with loli juice?"

Jobo: "...............Okay"

Alright time to be serious, I think Youtube did this because they want creators that are "worthy" of being verified. You think making videos about hentai, those "WTF Japan" and complaining/ doing rants makes you worthy? I do hope this goes to ALL Anime Youtubers because all they do is FUCKING BITCH ABOUT THEIR "OPINIONS".

Posted

Tbh the fact they assume Youtube cares is still funny. Like it's a corporation are you expecting them to care? 

Posted

Okay but for real, YT stopped caring about its creators YEARS ago. I could understand other YTbers who put effort into their channels being upset about the whole thing, but most anitubers have some of the most bottom-of-the-barrel content on Youtube. Especially Joey, I mean this guy made a 30 minute video where he just read off a top 100 anime list.