• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8193 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah Aki and Joey definitely need to be careful of Momokun. 
I get wanting views and shit but to go that far though. Yeesh. I am glad I am not a youtuber. I wouldn't be a good one anyway. 

Do they even know about her though? I mean it's sniperwolf bringing momokun over right? 
Have they even heard of her? 

Posted

tbh it seems like shes honestly not trying to learn japanese at all cuz you would think she would know a kanji like 日 by now (its used in allot of basic words like days of the week and the literal name of the country shes in) and also any books or video games she posts on her ig are in English even tho she has access to all those things in Japanese. Sure you might not be able to play a whole game in Japanese but if its a game you played before and know really well then she shouldnt have a problem and its also a chance to learn vocab if its a game you know well enough that you remember the English dialogue. but she doesnt seem to care shes pretty much handicapping herself by having a japanese bf who prob does all the hard work for her and keeping only reading media in English

which wouldnt bother me as much if she didnt make such a big stink about how she isnt a weeaboo and she actually cares about Japan and learning Japanese unlike most of us dirty weeaboo anime fans. Well Aki you made it to Japan and have been there for several months at this point and still cant remember basic kanji like 日 so i hope you arent as smug as you were before  

IMO, any language is easy to learn if you just stick with it. I was self-teaching myself Japanese before I got busy with school. Yes, it can be a pain in the ass sometimes but once you get used to it it becomes easy. I thought I would hate kanji but I fell in love with it because I didn't have to write a lot of hiragana.

Posted

Do they even know about her though? I mean it's sniperwolf bringing momokun over right? Have they even heard of her? 

Things might have changed, but I doubt Joey & Aki (well, mostly Aki) had any say or joy out of momokun coming to Japan with SSS  

But they do know who she is, and Aki even made a video around the time of the sexual assault stuff surrounding momo and was embarassed and said that momo was not a good example of cosplayers and the community itself (my memory if iffy so it might not be 100% accurate, but I remember she was very upset about the situation) 

But still, times have changed and AnimeExpo has forgiven momo so maybe Aki has dropped how she previously felt about her. I guess thatll be found out whenever SSS and Momo are actually in japan

Posted

IMO, any language is easy to learn if you just stick with it. I was self-teaching myself Japanese before I got busy with school. Yes, it can be a pain in the ass sometimes but once you get used to it it becomes easy. I thought I would hate kanji but I fell in love with it because I didn't have to write a lot of hiragana.

This may sound cringey but I learned several words and shit from music, like how kawaii (ew) means cute and Aishite mean Love me or something like that. Also I'll just look up words randomly when I'm bored. I think Japanese is one of the easier and more helpful languages to learn.

Also the videos are old but Joey's haiku's, YIKES. I hate how before he reads the haiku's where he has that gong before it. It's just boring imo

Posted

This may sound cringey but I learned several words and shit from music, like how kawaii (ew) means cute and Aishite mean Love me or something like that. Also I'll just look up words randomly when I'm bored. I think Japanese is one of the easier and more helpful languages to learn.

Also the videos are old but Joey's haiku's, YIKES. I hate how before he reads the haiku's where he has that gong before it. It's just boring imo

Random words are easy to learn, yes, and most beginner kanji are easy, too. People start learning Japanese and are like "wow, this is so easy!" and then, after half a year, grammar starts becoming totally fucked up and doesn't make much sense anymore (to westerners). You really do have to put a lot of effort into it if you wanna be good. MUCH more effort than into English, French, Spanish and so on ... 

But I'm seriously shocked that Aki couldn't even understand the most obvious and easiest Kanji/instructions ... Why live in Japan and don't even try to learn the language? It's hard but not impossible

Posted (edited)

日 was one of the first kanjis I was taught back when I first learned Japanese. It's so simple, common and useful, it's hard to believe that she's being serious about learning the language for years at this point. Honestly I kinda feel bad for her. It's probably really isolating if you cannot interact with people beyond "hello" or without your boyfriend to translate everything. I'm not sure who else she hangs out with, but judging from her previous videos, they are mostly (if not all) fluent English-speakers. If you watch the yaoi cafe video, she seems lost even with relatively basic instructions and has her gaijin friends to translate everything for her, so far I'm not convinced she has improved that much.

But also, if she has so much trouble reading Japanese, you would think that she'd go to a language school or go back to the US and take proper classes? Has she said anything about it?

Aw come on, don't feel bad about learning any language, ever. Even if it's only a couple words, or you learn them through watching anime or listening to music, there's nothing cringey about it. :alpacawink: On the other hand, pretending to have sugoi nihongo skillz and flexing them for weeaboo points (aka. what Aki does) is the definition of cringe.

EDIT: I strongly disagree on it being one of the easier languages to learn, at least for westerners. If you're Chinese, it helps. Sure the pronounciation and the kana alphabet don't seem intimidating at first... But memorizing thousands of kanji, being able to write them correctly and knowing every reading/meaning is pure hell. Plus the grammar gets confusing quickly since it's so contextual and different from most languages.

Edited by Breadstick
typo

Posted

Random words are easy to learn, yes, and most beginner kanji are easy, too. People start learning Japanese and are like "wow, this is so easy!" and then, after half a year, grammar starts becoming totally fucked up and doesn't make much sense anymore (to westerners). You really do have to put a lot of effort into it if you wanna be good. MUCH more effort than into English, French, Spanish and so on ... 

But I'm seriously shocked that Aki couldn't even understand the most obvious and easiest Kanji/instructions ... Why live in Japan and don't even try to learn the language? It's hard but not impossible

Wow, I'm such an idiot to forget about the kanji, thanks for mentioning that.

日 was one of the first kanjis I was taught back when I first learned Japanese. It's so simple, common and useful, it's hard to believe that she's being serious about learning the language for years at this point. Honestly I kinda feel bad for her. It's probably really isolating if you cannot interact with people beyond "hello" or without your boyfriend to translate everything. I'm not sure who else she hangs out with, but judging from her previous videos, they are mostly (if not all) fluent English-speakers. If you watch the yaoi cafe video, she seems lost even with relatively basic instructions and has her gaijin friends to translate everything for her, so far I'm not convinced she has improved that much.

But also, if she has so much trouble reading Japanese, you would think that she'd go to a language school or go back to the US and take proper classes? Has she said anything about it?

Aw come on, don't feel bad about learning any language, ever. Even if it's only a couple words, or you learn them through watching anime or listening to music, there's nothing cringey about it. :alpacawink: On the other hand, pretending to have sugoi nihongo skillz and flexing them for weeaboo points (aka. what Aki does) is the definition of cringe.

EDIT: I strongly disagree on it being one of the easier languages to learn, at least for westerners. If you're Chinese, it helps. Sure the pronounciation and the kana alphabet don't seem intimidating at first... But memorizing thousands of kanji, being able to write them correctly and knowing every reading/meaning is pure hell. Plus the grammar gets confusing quickly since it's so contextual and different from most languages.

Yeah forgot about the kanjis while writing that. memorizing some words and how to write them without kanji is easy but kanjis are just evil too remember

Posted

Yanno I find it real interesting that neither jobro nor aki has talked about mo dao zu shi despite it being in the top 100 on MAL and is a spetacular show with a large fan following. Now I will admit I'm reaching a little but I imagine the homosexual couple in it nd the fact that its not a japanese series has a large part to do with it.

Posted

jobohentai.thumb.png.d3841be9fa731b3a3d1
Such a brave, brave man

I like to believe liking hentai and lewd stuff is his only personality trait 

Posted (edited)

Such a brave, brave man

(Dang, your sig is a perfect summary of his tweet.)

Oh Jobo... During the day, he's a deeply misunderstood artiste with an eye for the finest nerd boudoir photography. By night, a benevolent mecenate fighting against the oppression of lolicons around the world. Joey truly is the unsung savior of mankind. Such a rebel. I'm in love. /s...

Okay bish we get it, you're 100% a heterosexual adult man, with a 100% heterosexual sex drive, and you're 100% not a pedo. You don't have to remind us of that every 2 tweets with the subtlety of a 12 year old. And let's get real, you're not so virtuous to follow lewd cosplayers because you want to support their passions, you do it for wanking material, just like anybody else.

Bonus: His fans are the worst:

Joeyfans1.thumb.jpg.71e16cb2a41fd59e9c48Joeyfans2.thumb.jpg.c6e5ffc6626c79206951

EDIT: Quote disappeared, was talking about Mo Dao Zu Shi

Jobro has always had a pretty fragile sense of masculinity. I don't think him and his latent racism would handle it. Maybe Aki? Although to me it seems she isn't that interested in checking out new releases anymore. If you look at her history, (and remove all the "WTF Japan" content) she posts about many Ghibli/Pokemon/Naruto-themed vids (or just older/longer-running animes in general) and only talks about new anime once every 2 months.

Edited by Breadstick

Posted

Such a brave, brave man

Joey you'd made the fact you follow them painfully obvious already. 

Have you ever thought about talking about sfw stuff this much? 

Posted

Screenshot_20190811-130246.thumb.png.6c7

so cool and edgy wow i can't believe you're so special for thinking up something so groundbreaking wowzers